My Dating Quest in 2011. Is He the One?

ITA taymac. Ask him is their anything he wanted to try but doesn't have time. If its jet sking, skydiving, or scuba diving, take him. Then after that, go have dinner. Take him to have a candle light dinner and you pay. If he insists, tell him that you appreciate everything he has done. Keep it simple and sweet. Then when you guys get serious, then you can spend $700 lol As you said before you want to be cautious, so take your time.

Last edited:
I don't normally post (3yr lurker here) but your thread kinda brought me out.

I would say don't feel too bad. I'm sure he knows what he's doing when it comes to his money. But in terms of reciprocating, I think that trip sounds like an awesome time. Active & romantic which I think is the perfect combination. I think its a great way to show your appreciation for what he has done so far.

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to comment! :yep: Yea, I need to get out of that way of thinking. It's just whenever I take little peaks at the bills, I think "I'd really love to offer, but no way!" lol He's also added me to his membership to this downtown club that he frequents because he's appointed himself as my tennis coach. lol I'm not sure of the additional cost, but it's like $210 monthly. :perplexed I have this need to feel like I'm contributing too, and I would hate to come off as being selfish.

I can't wait for our little trip. lol I already told him to block off the time, and he keeps asking me what I have planned. lol This will be it for a while though.

I think it's a nice thing to do although I wouldn't spend over $500 but I don't make that much money.

My SO always appreciates a homecooked meal including dessert, sex and breakfast in the AM. Giftwise...I might buy him a shirt here and there if I see something nice or some other item he'd like. Similar to women, men like knowing that you were thinking about them throughout the day.

Thanks! He's lost some weight recently, and none of this jeans fit well so I could spring for a couple pairs. I know he'd really appreciate it.:yep:

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to comment! :yep: Yea, I need to get out of that way of thinking. It's just whenever I take little peaks at the bills, I think "I'd really love to offer, but no way!" lol He's also added me to his membership to this downtown club that he frequents because he's appointed himself as my tennis coach. lol I'm not sure of the additional cost, but it's like $210 monthly. :perplexed I have this need to feel like I'm contributing too, and I would hate to come off as being selfish.

I can't wait for our little trip. lol I already told him to block off the time, and he keeps asking me what I have planned. lol This will be it for a while though.

It sounds like he's investing in you--so I don't see the harm in "investing" in him a bit either. :grin: 700 bucks isn't that much money, plus, I'm sure he will insist on paying for some the excursions you guys do while you're away. He just sounds like that type of guy. Maybe plan the trip in few weeks, just to hit your 3 month mark for peach of mind. :lol:

^^I agree. But I understand that you have needs and want to handle that soon. Hehe.

He's a cutie. Congrats on everything going well this year!

According to him, he's been telling them all these great things about me. lol He has even mentioned me to his mom, and suggested that we go on down to his parent's ranch one weekend. I'm not ready for that yet though.

Ediese - whooooa nelly before u go n give up da cash and some puddi chile...

wait and meet momma n dem first before u give it up.

and if ur dat horny and can't wait...go sitcha tail on a broke maytag on da spin cycle....you'll be iight...

but meanwhile, back at da ranch, men are simple, don't matta what color they are. if u give him an "i appreciate the things u do for me card" as well as sayin it...he will be like puddy in ur hands. now das called strokin his ego 101. do it ova dinner or something....

i love it....lololololol

let da weekend thingy be surpise somewhere down da line...

According to him, he's been telling them all these great things about me. lol He has even mentioned me to his mom, and suggested that we go on down to his parent's ranch one weekend. I'm not ready for that yet though.

@Ediese - whooooa nelly before u go n give up da cash and some puddi chile...

wait and meet momma n dem first before u give it up.

and if ur dat horny and can't wait...go sitcha tail on a broke maytag on da spin cycle....you'll be iight...

but meanwhile, back at da ranch, men are simple, don't matta what color they are. if u give him an "i appreciate the things u do for me card" as well as sayin it...he will be like puddy in ur hands. now das called strokin his ego 101. do it ova dinner or something....

i love it....lololololol

let da weekend thingy be surpise somewhere down da line...

:lachen::lachen: @ the bolded. I'm honestly in a good place now though, and I'll admit that although I've never participated in casual sex, I also don't partaking in extra curricular activity with someone that I'm committed to and that I have an emotional connectio with.

I know it seems a little backwards, but I think I've waited long enough. lmao I might listen to Nikstar and wait until the 3 month mark though. That's long enough for me. :lol: Shoot, I waited with my last serious relationship, and we had to break up -- even after I met his mom and things were perfect -- because he couldn't keep an erection. :nono:

edited: i see them now! ok i know which one he is. i was getting confused with all of the names. congrats on the new relationship! that's so sweet. it's always nice to hear the online dating success stories in case i'm going to have to go that route. i'm surrounded by cute men but they're all gay so...

Last edited:
I'm late as hell:lol: but congrats Ediese! Just by process of elimination i kinda figured out your SO was Luke:yep:. I'm happy for you and I hope your relationship continues to flourish:grin:.

I'm so sad I missed his pics:sad: could you possibly post them again or pm a sista?:look:

New Bios

Luke – 32, white male, no kids, never married, degree in Finance. Works as a VP at JP Morgan. He’s 6’1, has gorgeous eyes, a very cute country accent lol, very athletic built, loves his family to death. Was raised on a cattle ranch in Texas. Lol Reminds me very much of Ivan Drago in Rocky.

Dee – 32, Nigerian, no kids, never married. Beginning last year of his residency program. He’s about 5’10/5’11, medium built, very well dressed. He’s hoping he’ll be chosen as the chief resident. Lived in Atlanta prior to moving to Texas. Has two sisters in Atlanta, one is a cardiologist and the other is in nursing school. His parents are back home in Nigeria.

This is super funny. I am also on Match.com and Dee sent me a message on match.com a few weeks ago and we briefly talked on the phone on Saturday. He is sweet guy....just thought it was crazy that we spoke witht he same guy!!!!

You have also given me insipiration to go full force with this Match.com and take some of these men seriously!!!

I'm thinking of surprising him with a little road trip for the weekend. We'd have dinner on Friday. Take in the sights/rides during the day, jet ski, and a couple's massage at night, followed by a dinner cruise. This trip will cost approx. $700. Does this seem like too much to you guys?

Too much too soon, IMO

The gf doesnt really start spending much money til months later IMO. Tis his job :look: he's white, they're used to overspending

dayum....^^^ lolololol Naija

meanwhile Ediese - then go with your heart. don't let us keep u from gettin some lolol cuz i'm all for ....as yall young folks say -- "gettin it in" and "droppin like it's hot"

hell, i can't even get in a position to drop anything like it's hot...im liable of losing my bladder, or worse, won't be able to git back up to even get it in chile....

so do u and have fun doin it!!!

I'm late as hell:lol: but congrats Ediese! Just by process of elimination i kinda figured out your SO was Luke:yep:. I'm happy for you and I hope your relationship continues to flourish:grin:.

I'm so sad I missed his pics:sad: could you possibly post them again or pm a sista?:look:

I figured it out when I did the summary/cliff notes and she had me edit it.

This is super funny. I am also on Match.com and Dee sent me a message on match.com a few weeks ago and we briefly talked on the phone on Saturday. He is sweet guy....just thought it was crazy that we spoke witht he same guy!!!!

You have also given me insipiration to go full force with this Match.com and take some of these men seriously!!!

Lmao Ediese why was Dee cut out from the running so missaware can know

Are we sure it's the same guy? lol

Positive, he talked about his sisters, parents and his residency. Not to put him on blast but his name is dee.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lmao yep, it's the SAME person! It's a small world after all. Now I'm starting to think that I probably shouldn't have posted too much information about these guys. I would have never imagined someone else knowing them. :lol: That gives me a lot to consider when posting in the future.

I'll say this. Dee is a real sweetheart. :yep: He's smart and funny. Please don't mention this thread, or me at all. I think I felt more of a connection with Luke out of all the guys, so I didn't feel like prolonging the inevitable with Dee.

Cons: I didn't feel any chemistry, no tingling loins, etc and I'm more attracted to alpha males. His voice, mannerisms, eye to fashion, etc didn't help matters.

Like I said though, he's a really sweet guy. His schedule is pretty open when he's not on call, so he'll request dates pretty often and sometimes back to back. I think that's a good thing because it shows that he's truly interested, and really wanting to be in a relationship.

Last edited:
Lmao yep, it's the SAME person! It's a small world after all. Now I'm starting to think that I probably shouldn't have posted too much information about these guys. I would have never imagined someone else knowing them. :lol: That gives me a lot to consider when posting in the future.

I'll say this. Dee is a real sweetheart. :yep: He's smart and funny. Please don't mention this thread, or me at all. I think I felt more of a connection with Luke out of all the guys, so I didn't feel like prolonging the inevitable with Dee.

Cons: I didn't feel any chemistry, no tingling loins, etc and I'm more attracted to alpha males. His voice, mannerisms, eye to fashion, etc didn't help matters.

Like I said though, he's a really sweet guy. His schedule is pretty open when he's not on call, so he'll request dates pretty often and sometimes back to back. I think that's a good thing because it shows that he's truly interested, and really wanting to be in a relationship.

No worries, what happens in the LHCF Forum, stays in the LHCF Forum!!! Don't feel bad, you have enlighten plenty of us to the joys of online dating!!!

Btw, I'm w/ you; I enjoy being around Alpha males, he's a great guy, he's just not want I'm looking for!!!

Good luck to you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Whatchu tryin' to say Ediese? :lachen: You gave an 'interesting' description of him LOL. I don't even know the man but I got an image in my head.

Poor Dee :lol:. I do hope he finds the right person tho'.

Please don't quote!!! I'll be taking these down at 12p. No right clicking either! PLEASE!!!!! Not really good quality because they were taken with my phone.

**Delete**

Took him to my spot to get a manicure. lol We were in there for a few hours, and he didn't complain that much. He did say he'll be happy to drop me next time, but he's never going back. lol I think he secretly enjoyed it.

**Delete**

I asked for them and didn't see them. :sad: Can I get a PM? :look:

Just to re-iterate $700 is too much too soon 'specially if y'all haven't 'gone there' yet.

I like the idea of the jeans..... :)

Back