MTG Oil or Original MTG Challenge Begins

I received mine yesterday, along with my new CHI flat iron I got for a pretty good price on EBAY! I was grinning from ear to ear. :grin: I plan to use the MTG twice a week after shampooing and conditioning. I'll be using it for the first time tonight. :p The smell of it is strange but bearable.

Ladies, you would have thought that it was Christmas day when the mailman delivered my MTG today. I can not wait to start using it :grin: . The smell is not as bad as I thought it would. It was like a flashback to when I was young and my mother used to grease my scalp with Grovers mane. Anyway, I am officially in the MTG challenge. Yaaahhhh!!!

Better late than never right? :)

I GOT MINE TODAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :eek: :grin: :eek: :grin:

Ya'll this ain't so bad! I thought I'd open it and literally smell somebody's farm :lol: but in all honesty it smells like DAX tar grease and shampoo. Funky yes.... but not unbearable.

Did I forget............ YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :grin: I'm soooo in. I'll be applying this for the first time tonight. Anybody get the oil too? I picked up the light oil and it smells kinda like a relaxer base....

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
I GOT MINE TODAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :eek: :grin: :eek: :grin:

Ya'll this ain't so bad! I thought I'd open it and literally smell somebody's farm :lol: but in all honesty it smells like DAX tar grease and shampoo. Funky yes.... but not unbearable.

Did I forget............ YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :grin: I'm soooo in. I'll be applying this for the first time tonight. Anybody get the oil too? I picked up the light oil and it smells kinda like a relaxer base....
I'm glad to see that I am not the only one to go crazy over a hair product, :confused: horse product, well you know what I mean!!!

MTG CHALLENGE AWAY :bud: I received mine on Monday :D and I have been using it every other night since then. Which means that I will be using it tonight after my con wash. I placed the entire contents of the bottle (32oz size) in a large spray bottle and I spray both my hair and scalp with it.

aquarian1252004 said:
MTG CHALLENGE AWAY :bud: I received mine on Monday :D and I have been using it every other night since then. Which means that I will be using it tonight after my con wash. I placed the entire contents of the bottle (32oz size) in a large spray bottle and I spray both my hair and scalp with it.
thats a good idea...I cant do that because I got a weave in my hair so im going to go the applicator route!

D-Shy, when I get my long flowing sexy wavy/curly weave this summer I will be going the applicator route as well. Too bad I can't rock a lace front ;) in the meantime :lol:

I got mine today!! It smells just like Glover's. My mother used it on me when I was little. Not too bad. I'll use mine a little each day for the first week, then gradually decrease with each week. Happy Growing everyone!

Has anyone tried a hot oil treatment with the oil? I applied both to my hair last night.... talk about a hot mess lmao :lachen: I definitely need an applicator for the MTG... BUT my hair is shiny and soft today so I'm a happy camper. I'm rockin' my first bun in like ten years! I go for a relaxer on Monday (9 weeks) then I'm going to apply the MTG maybe 1-2x a week and the oil every day.

I got mine a few days ago. I don't think it smells that bad...no worse than Glovers. I put it in a haircolor bottle with a fine nozzle. I have braids so it's easy to get it right on my scalp. Maybe that's why it doesn't smell that bad...because I'm not putting too much on and it's right on my scalp and not in my hair.

It has been one week since I started using MTG my hair is alot thicker, stronger and fuller .

I'm diggin it. My hair grows the slowest in the front. I'll look like 12 weeks post in the middle and back but the front of my hair'll be lookin' like 2 weeks post. It's THAT big of a difference.

With the MTG...I kid you not, my hair went from perfectly straight in the front to having a line of demarcation in 5 days. I'm amazed. And let's not talk about the growth in the middle. Mad waves. Dolla dolla bill, ya'll.

It was getting frustrating to have long hair in the back but from the front looking barely shoulderlength. This is a wonderful product. Truly a miracle. I'll update with pics in about a week or so. No more internets at home...or you know I'd be camwhoring like a fool.

I just ordered this product online today. I even paid extra for 3 day shipping. I won't be able to use it until Thursday night. The place where I ordered it from (arcaros.com) only ships to the billing address. So I have to wait until I go home from college to start bringing my stuff home. I am so excited about this product cause I am really frustrated about my hair right now.

DangerouslyShy said:
I just put on my mtg and my head is itching!!

what does that mean?

Do you have a rash or anything? I think you should be careful but just know that I've been diggin in my dome piece tonight (put it on yesterday for the first time)... I got what mom calls the growing itch. Ain't no way this stuff is that good. ;) For real, keep an eye open for redness or bumps. When mine started I thought wow. lol I was all paranoid when I put it on! But other than the occassional diggin for taters, I'm good.

Their light oil is GRAAAAAAAAAND.

Starian, hahaha girl your post had me gigglin!! :lol: I'll start pics after my relaxing on Monday. :p

I used it for the first time a couple of days ago and left it on for 2 days I think I used too much because it stink and I could hardly stand the smell.
My hair started itching like three hour after apply the oil.

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
Do you have a rash or anything? I think you should be careful but just know that I've been diggin in my dome piece tonight (put it on yesterday for the first time)... I got what mom calls the growing itch. Ain't no way this stuff is that good. ;) For real, keep an eye open for redness or bumps. When mine started I thought wow. lol I was all paranoid when I put it on! But other than the occassional diggin for taters, I'm good.

Their light oil is GRAAAAAAAAAND.

Starian, hahaha girl your post had me gigglin!! :lol: I'll start pics after my relaxing on Monday. :p

Nope, no red bumps, I think I was paranoid as well!!:lachen:

I GOT MINE!!! The smell is not pleasant, but it's not the worst. It reminds me of this grease called "Pine Tar" from back in the day. I think it was made by Allways.

I got mines Friday and used it Saturday and I'm noticing growth already. My hair looks and feels thicker.

Ok so I've decided to get some EO's but I'm not adding it to the MTG, I will add it to some other leave in and put that on my hair ....not the scalp.

LaNecia said:
Care to share some details? Smell, consistency, results on hair?

It smells kinda like this guy named Keith. :lol: :p j/k Seriously it reminds me of the smell of a relaxer base. It's not nearly as bad as the MTG. The consistency is that of a light cooking oil (maybe canola or safflower?). Only a small dime or nickle sized amount is needed as a little goes a long way. Over use will make you greasy... say it with me ladies "GREEEEEEEE-ZHAAAAAY"! :look: It does....trust me.... I was 9 weeks post relaxer with coloring and my grass was kinda brittle. When I used this oil I got mega shine and very little breakage or shedding. I've only had it for a few days but I noticed a pleasant change. I put some on my hair a few nights prior to relaxing, did a part down the middle and worked it to my ends. Afterwards I made the two sections into knots and covered with a night cap and went to sleep. When I got up the next morning, my hair was very smooth and soft.

Hope I made sense... it's late and I should be sleeping lol

I really like the combo of this and Surge. The MTG is preventing me from getting the flakes that I normally get from Surge. The smell really doesn't bother me either. After using MTG I spritz with African Pride's new Tea Tree and Peppermint oil braid spray...and the smell disappears.

I accept the MTG Stinky challenge.. all the way from Canada...
got mine on April 26 better to start late then never :grin: I only found the forum last week April 24... boy does this stuff make my hair soft and moist and the roots are more easy to comb and have less curl. Whew it really does smells like smokey bacon :eek: ... Husband asks where are the eggs and toast! Happy Growing Ladies :lachen:

Ok Im a newbie! but Ive been reading about this MTG and couldnt find it anywhere in the hair store yesterday. Where can I get it from?? And what exactly is the name brand of it??? Thanks.

Back