MTG Oil or Original MTG Challenge Begins

I've been using the m-t-g original oil,and i mix it with ginger,peppermint,ylang ylang and sweet birch essential oils. i take a 2 oz applicator bottle,fill it up 3/4 and then add 6 drops of each essential oil to it.This concoction works! it totally knock out,that god awful scent!! and i can go to work and be around my co-workers without feeling paranoid about my head smelling like a barbecue gone bad!!!

angelbaby said:
Has anyone found out what ingredients are in this product?

My co-worker told me that most of the mane product contain horse sperm. She has a horse. I was like :eek: no kidding. I don't know how true that is, but I will look into it.

hottopic said:
My co-worker told me that most of the mane product contain horse sperm. She has a horse. I was like :eek: no kidding. I don't know how true that is, but I will look into it.

Interesting......and HOW do they GET that horse sperm??

I just got the Original MTG today....not sure when I will start using it on my entire head. I may try a dab in the back later just to feel the effect of it. I was actually looking for Love That Tail, but they didn't have it and I got the last bottle of MTG. :D I'm going to call some other petsmarts to see if they carry Love That Tail before going to anymore. :)

I got mine in the mail today and I don't think the smell is too bad. It smells like cooked pork. I am hoping that by bedtime the smell subsided a little. I used an applicator bottle to apply it to my entire scalp. It sort of tingles a bit. It leaves a wonderful sheen on my hair. I wasn't trying to apply it to my hair on purpose it just sort of spread. I will only be using it once a week.

angelbaby said:
Has anyone found out what ingredients are in this product?

The ingredients are in another thread, I'll try to find the link and post here.....otherwise, I'll post the email from Shapley's re: the content on Monday when I get to work.

I got mine yesteday and it does smell like cooked pork. I added peppermint, jojoba, castor, and glycerin to it and now my hair smells like peppermint bacon. Great.......a peppermint bacon smelling vegetarian. :ohwell:

This thing better work!

natalied said:
I got mine yesteday and it does smell like cooked pork. I added peppermint, jojoba, castor, and glycerin to it and now my hair smells like peppermint bacon. Great.......a peppermint bacon smelling vegetarian. :ohwell:

This thing better work!

I am not on this challenge but-----------
You gotta love this this thread !! :)

Last edited:
ebony88 said:
I am not on this challenge but-----------
You gotta love this this thread !! :)
I hear you, lol. The comments are hilarious!

The things we do for hair... :-D

natalied said:

This thing better work!

a peppermint bacon smelling vegetarian. :lol: :lol:

I thought I would try and old trick to hide the smell as much as possible. It is a house painter's trick...for when they are painting with oil based paints in apartments, and you know how strong that ish is. Vanilla Extract will significantly cut the smell of oil based paints, they just add it to the can. So I added about a 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla EXTRACT, to my mixture applicator with the MTG in it. I also added a couple of drops of lime essential oil and Ylang Ylang. I do believe it cut the smell by 85-90 percent. Hope this helps.

Mahalialee4 said:
I thought I would try and old trick to hide the smell as much as possible. It is a house painter's trick...for when they are painting with oil based paints in apartments, and you know how strong that ish is. Vanilla Extract will significantly cut the smell of oil based paints, they just add it to the can. So I added about a 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla EXTRACT, to my mixture applicator with the MTG in it. I also added a couple of drops of lime essential oil and Ylang Ylang. I do believe it cut the smell by 85-90 percent. Hope this helps.

This sounds great. So does it have a slightly sweet scent now?

Lanelle,

I will recap b/c it is alot to type...lol

For Mane Growth:
1. Apply MTG along base of mane and massage in. Do not rinse or wash out. Wipe off excess MTG that may have gotten on neck under the mane.
2. Once a week, reapply MTG along base of mane. Does not need to be washed out between applications.

For Mane and Tail Conditioning.
1. Apply MTG throught the mane or tail and work in well. Leave on overnight and wash out the next day.

For Tail Growth: ( This sounds strangely familiar)

1. Apply MTG to tail bone and lightly to the lenth of tail. Do not rinse ...blah blah blah.
2. Braid and bag tail for max results
3. Once a week , check and reapply.

Active Ingredients: Sulfur, paraffinic distillates

senimoni said:
Lanelle,

For Mane Growth:
1. Apply MTG along base of mane and massage in. Do not rinse or wash out. Wipe off excess MTG that may have gotten on neck under the mane.
2. Once a week, reapply MTG along base of mane. Does not need to be washed out between applications.

1. Apply MTG throught the mane or tail and work in well. Leave on overnight and wash out the next day.

1. Apply MTG to tail bone and lightly to the lenth of tail. Do not rinse ...blah blah blah.

Hmmm...so generally this stuff is recommended to be used once a week and not daily, per the instructions?

senimoni said:
Lanelle,

This gives me an idea. I think I am going to come up with my own personal challenge with THIS one.

so1913 said:
Hmmm...so generally this stuff is recommended to be used once a week and not daily, per the instructions?

Pretty much. Someone posted this elsewhere but it also states

Using MTG more frequently then recommended could result in adverse effects.

Not sure what exactly that means, but I won't be applying every day. I am going to scale back on washing to twice a week and apply then. Although, I would think if you ARE washing it out, even daily it would be ok to reapply but I'm not willing to try it

senimoni said:
Lanelle,

For Mane Growth:

Thanks for answering.

Vanilla extract is a liquid made from the vanilla bean and distilled water.
The painters use the extract not the essential oil. I could not say one way or the other as to whether the essential oil would work, but you decide which you want to use. As for the scent, as I mentioned it cut the smell down considerably...and it has the scent of the Mtg but not as strong along with the lime essential oil and the ylang ylang essential oil. I cannot smell the vanilla but the smell could be considered somewhat sweet I guess. Hope this helps. Why not mix a small amount and test it out. :Bonjour.

received my mtg yesterday from shapley's that was fast it reminds me of glovers mange anyway let the challenge begin i'll keep you all poted jb:}

I updated my album today after using it for 2 weeks. I don't know if you can see any difference in my hair but I have not gained so much new growth at 2 months before. My new growth is also looking very thick and wavy.

I just received mine yesterday and will use it daily for now. The smell is strong but I don't mind it too much and it seems to go away after awhile. I put it on today at about 10:00 and then at 11:00 my friend calls and wants to go for lunch!!! I'm not sure if she could smell it on me but if she did she did not say anything.

I used mine for the first time tonight. My hair is so soft. Lawdy if they could make this stuff without the smell they would make a mint.

I'm in now that I received my bottle. I plan to apply it at night every three to four days. I tested it on a small area of my head and the smell is nowhere near as strong as I expected.

Back