MTG Oil or Original MTG Challenge Begins

It's a product for horses and is called Original M-T-G. You will not find it in a hair supply store.

www.shapleys.com

sky_blu said:
Ok Im a newbie! but Ive been reading about this MTG and couldnt find it anywhere in the hair store yesterday. Where can I get it from?? And what exactly is the name brand of it??? Thanks.

Luvableboo said:
I accept the MTG Stinky challenge.. all the way from Canada...
got mine on April 26 better to start late then never :grin: I only found the forum last week April 24... boy does this stuff make my hair soft and moist and the roots are more easy to comb and have less curl. Whew it really does smells like smokey bacon :eek: ... Husband asks where are the eggs and toast! Happy Growing Ladies :lachen:

:lol: :lol: You're making me hungry. I guess all future meet and greets should take place @ the Kentucky Derby!!!

Also does this stuff burns?? Do you put it in and wash it out?? How do you use this stuff? I know Im asking alot of questions but Ive never heard of this before I came to this site but if it will make my hair healthier Im willing to try it out.

Had to share this!!! I am braiding my own hair in three braids in the front...and top of my head...(without extensions) and because I want to get thicker growth there. I also want to encourage the growth of the baby hair around the hairline all around as I really like that look. The braids are not tight and I have 3 rows of extensions at the back past brastrap length. I am doing the MTG thingy about twice a week on the front and once at the back and then I am steaming my hair every single day for about 3 hours just with a plastic bag. The point is, I will not be worrying about rain rot and musty smelling hair since I am using the MTG. I use Eqyss Avocado Mist as a daily leave in spray because it is so light and moisturizing without the oil etc. My hair stays so strong this way. I then cover with a satin scarf the rest of the day. I unbraid the front and top braids ( I change position and parting of the braids each time) every three days so I can wash it or rinse. Hope this helps.

I called a local retailer in MD who sells MTG. I talked to a gentleman about the product. He basically said that although the product smells terrible, it is wonderful and does exactly what it says it will do.

They are selling it for $17.95. I still don't know if I'm going to purchase though.

There is a site online that sells it for less than $10.00. How is it possible to sell it for so much less than what Shapleys is selling it for?

Ebony

You guys... I've been using this for about a week. How bout my edges are filling in! :D yay! I also have a minimal amount of new growth. But heyyyyyyyyyy my edges are filling in!!!!! :D

Phoenix said:
I really like the combo of this and Surge. The MTG is preventing me from getting the flakes that I normally get from Surge. The smell really doesn't bother me either. After using MTG I spritz with African Pride's new Tea Tree and Peppermint oil braid spray...and the smell disappears.

Adding African Pride to my shopping list. Thanx. :)

I received it today. The smell is not that bad. No worse than Sulfur8. I mixed it with essential oils so the smell is not as strong.

With mtg help i should be close to bra stap by the end of this year. Or very close to it god willing the growth does not return to normal:eek: . This mtg is amazing I hope the growth does not stop. I am3 weeks post relaxer and the new growth is here by .5-.6 of an inch normally i would have to wait 6-8 week for new growth. This is the only thing that gave me growth nothing else not the pills , surge, conditioner not even visical.

cyninmon123 said:
Ok Ladies, the MTG Oil or Original MTG challenge is on full affect today use the product the best way that suits you, just use it, I plan on posting before and after pics once I figure out how to. If anyone has any suggestions or cares to share their regimine feel free to post!!!!

:D Count me IN on this challenge! I got my MTG yesterday and started last night (May 17). I am 4 wks post-touchup and I only had 1/8th in. newgrowth. I am measuring for results. Don't have a dig. camera or photo album though. BTW, my scalp is largely non-responsive, doesn't tingle even with cayenne/evoo treatment BUT, when I put the MTG on last night, my scalp TINGLED HEAVILY for at least 3 hours before it began to subside. Very excited! (it does stink though...I know the salesguy at Target smelled it this morning when he was helping me) :look:

I've been using it for about a month now. I have so much newgrowth that i am skeptical it's reversion. I'm getting a blowout this weekend to track my progress, and will report my results.

I order mine yesterday and will just add lavendar, glycerin, surge braid deodorizer, and peppermint oil to mine. I'm in!!!

Last edited:
buttafly said:
I've been using it for about a month now. I have so much newgrowth that i am skeptical it's reversion. I'm getting a blowout this weekend to track my progress, and will report my results.
I feel the exact same way about it. When I stretch my hair out, it is not all that much longer than when I began a couple of weeks ago.

I havent been using it consisitently because I've had out of town guests and had to go out too often but now I can be consistent. I have noticed my fro getting a lot fuller tho.

buttafly said:

How have you been using it? That is, how often do you apply it and how often do you wash/rinse your hair?

I know I am like way late for the challenge, but I would like to join. I just started using MTG on May 28,2005. I will use it for 2 months and post the photos.

This site really makes me realize how gullible (sp?) I am... I will BUY anything YOU's ladies think is good...
Yeh I went out and got this product from the shapleys website....
Actually got it last week... But have yet to try... I am goin to do a braidout tonight... so I will use this along with my surge...

buttafly said:

Did you do a blowout to see if you had new growth or just reversion:confused:
I would like to know:p
I have alot of that too(growth or reversion):look:

Last edited:
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
I am not understanding what you ladies mean by reversion...care to share...?

reversion is like when you press your natural hair strait, then when it gets wet, it reverts back to it's natural state.. I have 4b hair so it can get nappy at the roots quick, when the new growth starts coming in, even though I have a relaxer...

hope this helps

Back