MTG Oil or Original MTG Challenge Begins

I thought that it would be a good time to share this. When you relax your hair, you are removing sulphur from your hair. You are destroying sulphur bonds, breaking them down. When you put sulphur on your hair and scalp, you are reintroducing sulphur to your hair and this is what is thickening and waving your hair as well as softening it back to be similar to your original hair. It puts life, strength and fullness back into your hair. So even if it has grown, it is not going to be dead straight flat looking hair, but a more natural looking hair. HTH
Bonjour

Mahalialee4 said:
I thought that it would be a good time to share this. When you relax your hair, you are removing sulphur from your hair. You are destroying sulphur bonds, breaking them down. When you put sulphur on your hair and scalp, you are reintroducing sulphur to your hair and this is what is thickening and waving your hair as well as softening it back to be similar to your original hair. It puts life, strength and fullness back into your hair. So even if it has grown, it is not going to be dead straight flat looking hair, but a more natural looking hair. HTH
Bonjour

You are so right Ma Ma...thanks for the reminder! Although I have not used MTG...it does make sense especially when I'm (lightly) pressing my daughter's natural hair...I can smell her hair and it smells just like sulfur.

I bought mine last week, but have yet to use it. It was only $14.00 at the tack shop. I would suggest getting it from there, rather than ordering online if you can do so.

Mahalialee4 said:
Bonjour

This may be a dumb question, but does this mean that sulphur should thicken up relaxed strands, or do you just mean the new growth? If it can work on my overprocessed ends I might start using it as a general moisturizer...

i wanna try this soooo bad but i'm scared of the smell. i'm using the dr. miracles temple balm and have cut that down to nightime instead of the 2x a day they recommend because it smells like cloves. if they can make this without the smell, i would be on it quick.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this. Can anyone tell me if MTG is really working for them? I've ordered some, but I don't want to start using it if it's not going to work. I'm about to wear braids for the summer, so I was going to apply it to my scalp every few days. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ;)

I know I am SUPER late but I would like to join this challenge. I started using MTG May 30th. I plan to use it for 2 months and track my progress. I have taken a before picture but I still need to post it. Good luck to you all!

I would like to join this challenge too! I just ordered mine yesterday. I hope it will be here by Friday or Saturday. I will be taking before and after pics. If this really works I might be waist Length in time for my husbands high school reunion in August!

I started with my MTG on Sunday, May 29th. I don't plan on using it again until next Sunday, after I wash and air dry. Other than that, I'm only using a little bit of Sulfur 8 hair grease every other day on my hair. My hair doesn't feel weighed down or anything. I'm still noticing some shedding, but it is way softer than when I was using the hair creams and lotions, and not as dry looking.

Mahalialee4 said:
Bonjour

I sweat my hair has never looked so thick with a perm. I thought I was trippin' because I didn't know the culprit of my thicker looking hair.

LadyZ said:
Did you do a blowout to see if you had new growth or just reversion:confused:
I would like to know:p
I have alot of that too(growth or reversion):look:

I got the blowout. I got at least an 1" 1/2 to 2" in a month. I love this stuff!

One in a Million: My personal observation is that unprocessed hair is generally thicker than processed hair... So the new growth generally grows in with beads, liittle curls, waves or a bushy no wave or curl look, which is a sharp contrast to the relaxed hair ( of course depending on the texture. My hair grows in straight at the roots and then develops waves and curls and shrinkage.) So I do not notice any difference yet in the new growth, only in the hair shaft from about 2 inches down to the tips. My edges are filling in more so I am getting a lot of swirly baby hair and side burn going on but since as I said the roots grow in straight, I notice the length in those areas pretty quickly. For processed or pressed hair, I think that the hair shaft down to the roots will seem fuller, as if there is a slight swelling, but I do believe that it is because of the element of sulphur that now becomes a part of the hair shaft and that it does not rinse or shampoo out but goes right into the shaft itself and you see an increase in thickness. Some people fear that their relaxed hair is starting to revert because of this. My Opinion only. In my case, the first time I used the MTG I was shocked at the immediate look and feel of thickness. It was like the diameter of my hair strands doubled in size and it really blew me away. It is so buoyant and full of life, so that's about all I can say about the subject. Hope this helps.

Mahalialee4 said:
One in a Million: My personal observation is that unprocessed hair is generally thicker than processed hair... So the new growth generally grows in with beads, liittle curls, waves or a bushy no wave or curl look, which is a sharp contrast to the relaxed hair ( of course depending on the texture. My hair grows in straight at the roots and then develops waves and curls and shrinkage.) So I do not notice any difference yet in the new growth, only in the hair shaft from about 2 inches down to the tips. My edges are filling in more so I am getting a lot of swirly baby hair and side burn going on but since as I said the roots grow in straight, I notice the length in those areas pretty quickly. For processed or pressed hair, I think that the hair shaft down to the roots will seem fuller, as if there is a slight swelling, but I do believe that it is because of the element of sulphur that now becomes a part of the hair shaft and that it does not rinse or shampoo out but goes right into the shaft itself and you see an increase in thickness. Some people fear that their relaxed hair is starting to revert because of this. My Opinion only. In my case, the first time I used the MTG I was shocked at the immediate look and feel of thickness. It was like the diameter of my hair strands doubled in size and it really blew me away. It is so buoyant and full of life, so that's about all I can say about the subject. Hope this helps.

Thanks Mahalialee! I noticed the same thing, fine baby hairs coming in as well as some sideburns, which I never had before. I'm gonna try applying this to my hair shaft and see if I can increase the thickness of my strands.

I am in...I just ordered some yesterday, and I can not wait to try it and hopefully see some results!

OK, I'm on the MTG bandwagon. 1st application of MTG original conditioner today. Even with the applicator bottle, I got a little happy and applied too much to my scalp. No tingle or any sensation, though.

Peppermint scented oil (Dr. Miracle's Gro Oil) does NOT fight the stench. I'll try and find vanilla extract next.

My mom and hairdresser will be very interested to hear how THIS story ends.

ETA: The stench is debilitating. Something's got to give.

Last edited:
kitty18 said:
I bought mine last week, but have yet to use it. It was only $14.00 at the tack shop. I would suggest getting it from there, rather than ordering online if you can do so.

I looked in the yellow pages under "Horse Supplies/Grooming" and found two shops. The one I called is selling the 32oz. bottle for $12.95, I will pick some up next week.

WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER LOOKING IN THE YELLOW PAGES!!!! LMAO :lachen:

There are no horse shops or grooming places in New York City. At least none that are very prominent. Its like this product is calling me strongly especially with all the reviews. Its becoming hard to ignore. And the only problem I have is that its only found online and you have to use a credit card. Just sucks and so not fair. :crying3::crying3: God bless you all.

Rose was the only essential oil that didn't make me want to slap my grandmother. 33 drops of rose in jojoba oil and 1/3 bottle of vanilla extract later, the MTG conditioner is a little less viscious. However, I think the vanilla is winning and the rose is losing. 2nd application tonight.

azul11 said:
WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER LOOKING IN THE YELLOW PAGES!!!! LMAO :lachen:

There are no horse shops or grooming places in New York City. At least none that are very prominent. Its like this product is calling me strongly especially with all the reviews. Its becoming hard to ignore. And the only problem I have is that its only found online and you have to use a credit card. Just sucks and so not fair. :crying3::crying3: God bless you all.[/QUOTE
==========================================
I can get you a sample size bottle(4oz)... They are $3.15 in my area and it's $3.75 to ship something priority mail.... Just a thought... I would not rip you off, not worth the $7.00 to get in trouble over... Get a money order and let me know...
I can hook you up...:grin: .. if you have no other way of getting it...

senimoni said:
Active Ingredients: Sulfur, paraffinic distillates

Chemical:, DISTILLATES (PETROLEUM), SOLVENT-REFINED (MILD) HEAVY PARAFFINIC

my hair hates petroleum but I am looking for a sulfur based product that is not sulfur 8, I ordered online the 32oz one for a total of 17.95 that includes shipping.

Back