MTG Oil or Original MTG Challenge Begins

Have the ladies who are currently using this product exprienced intense itching? I know I don't have dandruff and my scalp has been itching like crazy!! Is this supposed to be normal or is something wrong??!!??

Mine is in! I just gotta catch UPS today. Hopefully, they'll come soon!

I'm currently braided, but I took out some braids in the back. I plan on using the MTG on the nape area until I take these braids out in 1-2 weeks. My nape is my problem area, so I'll know one way of another if this stuff really works!

Im about to order mine right now.....

but I have One question...

What is the difference between ORIGINAL MTG and the MTG OIL? I want to make sure I am getting the right thing!!!

I'm not sure about the Oil, I haven't seen any information re: it's use and the effects. On different boards (both human hair and horse care), the only one I've seen mentioned Is the Original MTG. The other oils maybe just that, OILS for coating the hair but do not provide any healing/growth aid properties.

We can always write Liz....again!

Thanks girl just pressed the pay button...

Anyone order from Perry Pride Farm? thats where I ordered mine. I wonder how long it will take.

I'm not sure how much that is but it looks to be about right, I'll take out the tape measure tonight and see if I can get an accurate measurement. Would be nice though, for me that would add up to a about 1.5 inches in two months. I was hoping for more but who knows what lies ahead...

And to think, I've been slacking on my water, protein, cardio and vitamins :scratchch

That's what I'm hoping too. Since I've been doing daily CO washes, maybe I shouldn't do as many so it has more time to penetrate the scalp, Or I could just rinse but not actually work to clean the the product from the scalp?

I dunno but I wanna know! Anyone got any thoughts?

That's what I was thinking too since we know they're not doing conditioner washes on the horses. They're putting it on and leaving it on. Then doing the same the following week, using it once/per week, right? I definitely think I will have to wig it to use this product and get the mega growth that I want.

CurlyCrly said:
That's what I was thinking too since we know they're not doing conditioner washes on the horses. They're putting it on and leaving it on. Then doing the same the following week, using it once/per week, right? I definitely think I will have to wig it to use this product and get the mega growth that I want.

I was on the Shapley site just now, and it says they do it once a week, and the horse got 3" of growth! I'd be happy with just 1". . .

All right all right, maybe 2" :lol:

Even 1" a month would have me doing summer saults through my office! :lol:

Something to consider though, CurlyCrly, you're going to be using the Curly Custard right? Didn't I read in a thread over at NC that it doesn't react well w/oil (i.e. Elucence MB conditioner)? If that's the case, what's gonna happen when we use the CC w/the MTG?! :eek:

I gotta use my MTG!

LaNecia said:
Even 1" a month would have me doing summer saults through my office! :lol:

Something to consider though, CurlyCrly, you're going to be using the Curly Custard right? Didn't I read in a thread over at NC that it doesn't react well w/oil (i.e. Elucence MB conditioner)? If that's the case, what's gonna happen when we use the CC w/the MTG?! :eek:

I gotta use my MTG!

Yes, one of the NC people said that it didn't appear to work well with oil based conditioners. Perhaps the MTG will be covered up if we use a light leave-in coating of either VO5 strawberry & cream or Knot Today first? Are most people using the MTG on the entire length of the hair? I thought it was to be used on the scalp and base of hair. :confused:

I use mine on the scalp only but after massaging it in and coming the hair, it does extend to the ends. It's a very oily products so maybe I should consider a different application approach....

classimami713 said:
I was on the Shapley site just now, and it says they do it once a week, and the horse got 3" of growth! I'd be happy with just 1". . .

All right all right, maybe 2" :lol:

Um let's just settle for 2.5" ok :look: We don't wanna be too greedy.

I just got this stuff yesterday. It smells terrible! I'm afraid to use it. Do you apply it to wet hair or dry hair? Are you supposed to use any other leave ins or moisturizers with it or do you use it by itself?

ok are the itchies supposed to be a sign of growth from the sulfur? I smell of bacon today? I woke up and that stuff stank out the whole of my pillow. But you know what for seabiscuit hair I don't care.

Somebody posted that they add essential oils to theirs. I plan on adding peppermint to mine to cut the smell!

buttafly said:
I just got this stuff yesterday. It smells terrible! I'm afraid to use it. Do you apply it to wet hair or dry hair? Are you supposed to use any other leave ins or moisturizers with it or do you use it by itself?

LondonDiva said:
ok are the itchies supposed to be a sign of growth from the sulfur? I smell of bacon today? I woke up and that stuff stank out the whole of my pillow. But you know what for seabiscuit hair I don't care.
I am not sure about the itchies....but, You may consider using a shower cap or something. I have been using and then wrapping my hair in a scarf before going to bed and my pillows have become saturated. After re-reading the bottle-I see where they say to bag the 'horses tail' after applying.
That is what I think I will be doing from now on, bagging and then wrapping with a scarf. I also broke down and brought some surge-since so many Ladies here have been raving about it. It actaully helps tone down the pungent order of the MTG, I think. :look: Hi ho silver.... :bud:

Alright ladies you have got to help a sista out. Where can I get my hands on this stuff to order online because I don't know of anywhere I can buy it. Thanks!

My M-T-G just came!!!

:bouncy:

I heard the screen door open and I got all excited. I waited for the UPS man to leave though because I didn't want to look all crazy. This stuff does have a pretty bad smell (whoever said BACON is pretty close) but I think I can deal with it. I will be trying it tonight!

Yall know I am in I got mine Monday and have been using it ever since! I ned another applicator bottle the one I was using (Mizani oil applicator) leaks so I was going to pick that up today and an EO to help with the smell!

Back