Lordt, Felipe Done Cheated On Whitney (naptural 85)!

@Leeda.the.Paladin @metro_qt

D.C. man charged in slaying of girlfriend, YouTube natural-hairstyling star ‘Napp Queen’
imrs.php

According to police documents, Daniel Fleetwood told detectives that “the demon in me wanted to kill” Shana Donahue. (Family photo)
By
Keith L. Alexander
May 29, 2020 at 6:41 p.m. PDT

They grew up together and were sweethearts at Oxon Hill High School. When Shana Donahue left for college in South Carolina on a basketball scholarship, her boyfriend, Daniel Fleetwood, along with her father, drove her to school and helped her move into her dorm.

But on Thursday, some 10 years later, D.C. police say, Fleetwood stabbed and strangled Donahue in the apartment the two briefly shared in 2900 block of N Street in Southeast Washington. Authorities charged Fleetwood with first-degree murder while armed.

In a telephone interview, Phillip Donahue, Shana’s father, said that the couple “loved each other” but that his daughter broke up with Fleetwood about two years ago. Then, about a month ago, they got back together, and Fleetwood moved in with his daughter.

“She was a good soul. A good soul. I don’t know what could have caused him to do this,” the father said.

AD
Shana Donahue, 26, was a teacher at Freshfarm FoodPrints, visiting D.C. public schools and teaching students about nutrition, her father said. She also had a presence on YouTube, where she posted videos about natural hairstyles under the names “Napp Queen” and “MercuryVenusMe.” She had more than 21,000 followers.

Early Thursday morning, a neighbor who went to check on Donahue saw her body, according to court documents. Another neighbor called 911 and described hearing a “loud fight” from the apartment the night before.

Officers arrived to find a horrific scene. Donahue’s body was in a fetal position, near a glass table, according to the court papers. Police said in the documents that there were puncture wounds to her neck, stomach, right biceps, right thigh, hip and shoulder blade. Bite marks were found on her right wrist.

There was blood on the door, the walls, a pair of scissors and a knife.

According to the documents, as police were on the scene, Fleetwood walked into the apartment, his clothes covered in blood, and asked to speak to “Shana,” telling police that afterward “everything could be explained.” Fleetwood, 26, told police that he had been in a fight with Donahue the night before and that he left the apartment.

Homicide detectives took Fleetwood to police headquarters, where he agreed to be interviewed, according to the documents, which lay out his account.

Fleetwood told detectives that he and Donahue got into a shouting match and she ordered him to leave the apartment. He said they began pushing each other. Then Fleetwood told the detectives that Donahue stabbed him first with a pair of scissors and that he grabbed the scissors out of her hands and defended himself.

AD

“She tried to get me really angry on purpose and I don’t know why,” Fleetwood said, according to the documents. “It’s like a thing all women have. Yeah, she was trying to get me upset. A man has to die to be truly in love. I never had this done before. I think it’s a devilish type thing. It’s hard to explain. I can see it. When you are in a relationship with a girl, it’s like a psych thing.”

Fleetwood said that the two began stabbing each other and that she stopped. But he continued. “It was like something in me, like the demon in me wanted to kill and once I killed her I came alive,” the documents say he told detectives. Fleetwood also told police he had been drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana before the fight.

On Friday, when Fleetwood’s case was called for an online hearing in D.C. Superior Court, Fleetwood was heard yelling and screaming. Matthew Davies, his public defender, quickly asked Magistrate Judge Heide Herrmann to mute Fleetwood’s microphone.

AD

Davies argued that Fleetwood, who did not have any prior arrests or convictions, had acted in self-defense and should be released from custody. “This was a domestic situation that clearly really got out of hand,” Davies argued. Herrmann ordered that Fleetwood be held in the D.C. jail until his next hearing in July.

Donahue’s supervisor and friend Jennifer Mampara, director of education at Freshfarm, said Donahue had complained to colleagues that Fleetwood had been abusive to her in the past. Donahue had broken off her engagement to Fleetwood some time ago, Mampara said, so colleagues were surprised to hear she allowed him to move into her apartment.

Mampara said Donahue worked at elementary schools in Wards 6, 7 and 8, teaching children how to eat healthy.

“She will be remembered for loving the children she worked with, having incredible deep passion, supporting the community she grew up in and helping people be healthier and stronger,” Mampara said.

AD

Correct me if I’m wrong because I feel like posting this article was a bit of a reach but...are we to assume that this particular situation is indicative of people sharing too much information online and had she not done so, she would be alive and well? The man sounds absolutely insane but it’s the woman’s fault “the demons” made him kill her?

Correct me if I’m wrong because I feel like posting this article was a bit of a reach but...are we to assume that this particular situation is indicative of people sharing too much information online and had she not done so, she would be alive and well? The man sounds absolutely insane but it’s the woman’s fault “the demons” made him kill her?
No reaching. Not even the same. Moot point and gaslighting. Had she not been a YTer, her story would likely be unheard, as sad as it is.

That situation was not brought on by social media sharing. That was taking back an abusive ninja related. Although, I'm not quite sure he's really crazy, just tryna cop an insanity plea cuz DC got the death penalty.

Not at all. He's not anywhere on her videos that I can see. So +1 for not sure why this was posted in this thread. We have a whole news thread.

He can go under the jail though.

I don't see what this article has to do with YouTube relationships. You seem to go out of your way to normalize emotional abuse by you and your social circle under the guise of "directness", "privacy", etc. It's pretty disturbing and seems weak. We need to do better in modern times.

Get therapy. Drink your water. Meditate.

I might be wrong, but I thought the article was posted in this thread to highlight the difference between the reality of a situation vs its portrayal on social media. Like, just cos someone is smiling on YT or IG doesn't mean their lives are all together :perplexed:. We only get glimpses, and only what they want us to see (quite like in real life). That was my understanding.

Also, Napp Queen and the man who killed her were high school sweethearts, like Naptual85 and her husband...

But like I said, I could be wrong :confused:.

I might be wrong, but I thought the article was posted in this thread to highlight the difference between the reality of a situation vs its portrayal on social media. Like, just cos someone is smiling on YT or IG doesn't mean their lives are all together :perplexed:. We only get glimpses, and only what they want us to see (quite like in real life). That was my understanding.

Also, Napp Queen and the man who killed her were high school sweethearts, like Naptual85 and her husband...

But didn't this thread really, REALLY start as a "keep your relationship off of social media" shaming type vibe?

Which is why most people are questioning the Napp Queen article posting....

Iono man, keep your relationship off social media, here's a woman who died; but the woman who died did not have her man on social media, so it's not like she was posting glimpses of fake happiness, she only posted about hair, so it's not exactly relevant.
Then respond to someone replying to that with, my sister went to Vietnam, posted it to FB now look at her.... It was all just bizarre to me.

The whole thing felt like, (and I only reached the thread at the point where I posted), I'm not rude and toxic, lemme show you why. To posting something that made everyone go, oh wow, yeah, you are rude and toxic AF :lol:

Last edited:
Iono man, keep your relationship off social media, here's a woman who died; but the woman who died did not have her man on social media, so it's not like she was posting glimpses of fake happiness, she only posted about hair, so it's not exactly relevant.
Then respond to someone replying to that with, my sister went to Vietnam, posted it to FB now look at her.... It was all just bizarre to me.

The whole thing felt like, (and I only reached the thread at the point where I posted), I'm not rude and toxic, lemme show you why. To posting something that made everyone go, oh wow, yeah, you are rude and toxic AF :lol:

That's not the trail my mind followed but I get where you're coming from. Good luck to one and all.

To someone like myself, who has many friends from other cultures, some of the realities and truths that the Black American women post here, can come across as harsh. In my naivety. But nonetheless: they are the truth and nothing but the truth. Our generation hates truth and we are paying a price for it. We like everything to be sugarcoated and cotton candy. The ladies at my church are very blunt with me and I am glad they are. Thanks to their harshness and prayers, I now actually don't have to worry about where my next paycheck or meal is coming from. They didn't mince it, but they helped me. To each their own of course, as we hail from two completely different cultures.

Cultural differences are not a default to defend any and all kinds of behavior.

One key difference here is those women in church are in actual relationship with you. There is a certain leeway given to those we are in active community with vs. other ppl.

That being said, it matters if you know someone or not when it comes down to personal loss. Psychologically speaking, there is literally a basic human need for empathy (and an associated practice: cognitive empathy), so it actually goes deeper than culture or w/e else.

Back