Ladies!!! would you ask HIM to marry YOU??!!

Ladies!!! would you ask HIM to marry YOU??!!

• Yes why not? times have definitely changed....

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Hell to the no! he better get down on that knee and quit playin!!! shoo...

Votes: 96 93.2%
  • hmmm.....i dunno....maybe....

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bunnie82

What's your take on women asking men to marry them???
would you do it?
i know i wouldn't.....:look:
i personally think it takes away from the traditionality (yeah i made a word up....SO!) of the engagement process....

i did however ask a boy to be my bf once....and the bastid said no!:blush: i was soooo embarrassed.....but then he asked me to be his gf a few weeks later....:yep:

anyways....would you or would you not ask your honey-dip to thee wed?:grin:

Naw...I cant..One thing I know is that men cant be pressured into a commitment..it always ends badly...not saying that the case for everyone..but for most it is...I'm not going to ask him...but if he is dragging his feet I will be make it clear that I wont be staying..

junglebunnie?? wow, when did that become a positive?

@NaturalDetroit – when are YOU ever positive?! Every post I see from you is negative. What is your deal? There has to be some underlying issues….smh…..:ohwell:

Ps. If you don’t like being here then don’t be here….no one put a gun to your head and MADE you buy a subscription. :hammer:

And don’t even respond to this bc I don’t wanna do the whole back and forth thing…..:nono:...and I REFUSE do the whole back and forth thing.....so there you have it.... Have a blessed Sunday.

Last edited:
Nope. A man knows when he wants to marry a woman. I'm not the type to wait around and definitely not about to ask anyone.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using LHCF app

:look:
@NaturalDetroit – when are YOU ever positive?! Every post I see from you is negative. What is your deal? There has to be some underlying issues….smh…..:ohwell:

Ps. If you don’t like being here then don’t be here….no one put a gun to your head and MADE you buy a subscription. :hammer:

And don’t even respond to this bc I don’t wanna do the whole back and forth thing…..:nono:...and I REFUSE do the whole back and forth thing.....so there you have it.... Have a blessed Sunday.

If you didnt want to do the "whole back and forth thing" then you should not have responded you silly jungle bunny. Sorry those beady little rabbit eyes of yours cant seem to find any positive posts from me. But dont you worry your furry little head about that.....you know.... it really breaks my heart that you NEVER see anything positive from me and I'm going to try my darndest to do better from here on out because YOU said so :lol:

Look at cha, Get it girl!!!!!

GIFSoup

@Qtee thanks, I love it.

Last edited:
I would never ask a man to marry me. If he's not asking I would assume he is not interested, too weak or scared, or not a forward moving person, either way I would not want that type of man for a husband.

Wow. Beef and only 7 posts into the thread!

Anyway in response to your question 'No'. I dont think theres anything cute about it. The thought of me asking a man and him saying yes is a huge turn off.

Umm okay drama drama drama lol but anyways definitely not. Men always talk about being the dominant figure and want to be "man" of the relationship so the man should continue to take on that duty.

Sent from My Android ;)

yes i would.
why should i wait for someone to give me what i want when i can take it?
the chances of him saying no if i ask are the same chances of me saying no if he asks....
nothing ventured nothing gained...

I would never ask a man to marry me. If he's not asking I would assume he is not interested, too weak or scared, or not a forward moving person, either way I would not want that type of man for a husband.

very true...i feel the same way!!!

I don't know! Last week I asked my not boyfriend why we went together and he said he likes things the way they are. So in fear of another response like that, I prolly wouldn't.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I don't know! Last week I asked my not boyfriend why we went together and he said he likes things the way they are. So in fear of another response like that, I prolly wouldn't.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

@jenny87
uugggghhhhhhhh!!!! I HATE unrelationships!!!! boys piss me off!!! WTF!!!
how long have u been dating him?

NO...NO..and HELL NO!!!

There's one lesson in life I will never ever dispute. Men go after what they truly want, and if marraige is that goal they make it happen. If he's not bringing it up or asking, you are NOT the one...Point..Blank..Period

I wouldn't ask but I think couples should mutually decide whether they want to get married and then the proposal can follow. You get to discuss your fears, hopes, expectations, (preparedness) and enjoy the romanticism of a spontaneous proposal.

Nope just cant do it. I think certain things are for the man to do. I would be mortified if he said no! No doubt though it is becoming more of a common thing for woman to ask.

Naw...I cant..One thing I know is that men cant be pressured into a commitment..it always ends badly...not saying that the case for everyone..but for most it is...I'm not going to ask him...but if he is dragging his feet I will be make it clear that I wont be staying..

Is the woman being pressured into a commitment when the guy is the one doing the asking? Or is that different?

Is the woman being pressured into a commitment when the guy is the one doing the asking? Or is that different?

I dont think anyone should be pressured into marriage. Although as we know, women usually are the ones that want to move to that step before their male counterparts. But both people have to be on the same page and want the same things.

I know a couple who celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary two years ago, and yes she asked him. So, I guess it just depends on the situation.

I voted for hell to the no. Looks a lil despy to me. Like women who buy their own engagement rings. I want him to want to do it...

In all my relationships there's always been a continuous discussion about where the relationship is heading and if we see a future together. I can't imagine ever being proposed to by a guy and not see it coming. I don't think I would want it to be honest. I would prefer an engagement to arise after a mutual discussion, regardless of whether it was me or my boyfriend who initiated the discussion. I'm secure enough in myself to not care what others think about a how a proposal came about. If I was ready to get married I'm going to see if my boyfriend is ready and if he's not then I'm going to move on. Life is too short to waste time waiting around for someone to give you what you want.

In all my relationships there's always been a continuous discussion about where the relationship is heading and if we see a future together. I can't imagine ever being proposed to by a guy and not see it coming. I don't think I would want it to be honest. I would prefer an engagement to arise after a mutual discussion, regardless of whether it was me or my boyfriend who initiated the discussion. I'm secure enough in myself to not care what others think about a how a proposal came about. If I was ready to get married I'm going to see if my boyfriend is ready and if he's not then I'm going to move on. Life is too short to waste time waiting around for someone to give you what you want.

You just described me, lol. I proposed to my then boyfriend when I was 23 and we celebrated our 10 year anniversary this year. Although I just filed for divorce, I don't regret my decision because we will always be good friends and isforever grateful that we didn't have to go through the horrible things we hear about from other couples.

Back