Spinoff: Would you propose to a man?

Yes, of course!
I am not American so I don't believe in "a man choosing a wife".
If I want something I go get it.
Why wait around?
Women can choose the man, I'm not for sell, I'll show HIM the ring.
And I will also dictate what marriage to me means.
If he's up for it, if he loves me, like I love him (enough to propose) he will understand the honor of being my husband, as I understand the honor of being his wife.
If he said no then I'd be shocked and sad but at least I'd know know that he see's our future as bleak.
Off I go, crying, weezing, drinking, then picking myself up and meeting the REAL person of my life.

Don't forget runnin zigzag from the room!!! (jk) :grin:

I personally couldn't do it, I believe that is the man's role...call me old fashioned...however I did accept a modern proposal...he didn't get down on one knee and I was engaged for almost a year without a ring...so I am not that traditional....:grin:

no no no no no. Men know what they want. I'd stay in a woman's place. and in a woman's role for the remainder of the marriage.

NO! I want the whole package..that means him asking my dad for permission, coming up with a unique/special way of proposing, and him getting down on one knee

Yes, of course!
Why wait around?
If he's up for it, if he loves me, like I love him (enough to propose) he will understand the honor of being my husband, as I understand the honor of being his wife.
If he said no then I'd be shocked and sad but at least I'd know know that he see's our future as bleak.
Off I go, crying, weezing, drinking, then picking myself up and meeting the REAL person of my life.

This is how I feel about it. I have no problems with going after what I want.

However, it is my personal belief that if a man truly wants to marry you, then he'll ask you. A man knows what he wants, and if he didn't ask it was probably for a reason.

So my final answer is no, but it's not because I am traditional about it. We could have a ceremony with myself, the groom, the rev, and G-d, and I'd be just as happy (just saying this to say I don't care for all the hoopla around weddings and marriage). For me, it's a matter of knowing that he didn't say yes because he thought it was the right thing to say, but rather he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. Cause men do stupid stuff like that. Say yes just because :spinning:

Yes, of course!
Why wait around?

there it is! :yep:

i didn't propose to my husband but I did tell him that if he had no intentions of marrying me, to get out of my life.

We had a good run :lol: seriously though, my soon to be ex is a great guy. We didn't work because I actually wasn't mentally ready for marriage. go figure!

now that I know how to be a proper wife, I'd do it again. I'm not about to be engaged to to man for yearrrrrsss hoping and praying that he proposes. NOPE!!

Besides, i'm marriage material. Why should I wait?

Back