It's the 1st day of 2014 How many dates have you had

No dates yet, but I was in NYC for NYE and I met this married white couple from Texas. The white guy for whatever reason took it upon himself to out of the blue tell me how beautiful I was, not to forget my worth or let any man disrespect me, because he will be lucky to have me and that I will meet "The One" soon, so to continue to be social and be patient, because he is coming. :look:

Mind you while he obviously noticed I wasnt wearing a wedding ring he didnt know I was single prior to "ministering" to me. I dont know why God put it on his heart to tell me those things, but his conversation with me was literally my first conversation of the new year.:spinning: When random strangers start speaking over the areas of concern in your life perhaps its time to take notice. Lol

Needless to say, Im definitely enouraged by the new year and I have a renewed sense of anticipation. :yep:

I just cut someone on the phone. It was kind of sad he tried to change my mind. If someone told me they "just weren't feeling the chemistry" I wouldn't stay on the phone. I would exit so quick they wouldn't even know I hung up.

I'm about to go on a date. It was from an online source. He tried to put me off until today then when he got a full pic tried to go out all of a sudden. Um no sir if I wasn't good enough to go out with based on my phone persona the pic shouldn't hasten our meeting. I feel as if this might be the 1st/last date. He seems too eager and lacks confidence. He keeps saying I hope you really like me. I get the Klingon vibe.

I just cut someone on the phone. It was kind of sad he tried to change my mind. If someone told me they "just weren't feeling the chemistry" I wouldn't stay on the phone. I would exit so quick they wouldn't even know I hung up.

I'm about to go on a date. It was from an online source. He tried to put me off until today then when he got a full pic tried to go out all of a sudden. Um no sir if I wasn't good enough to go out with based on my phone persona the pic shouldn't hasten our meeting. I feel as if this might be the 1st/last date. He seems too eager and lacks confidence. He keeps saying I hope you really like me. I get the Klingon vibe.

:lachen:

Lawd @ Klingon.

Yes George Lopez was short and a Klingon his facial expressions were too much bless his heart.

Anyone want a 49 yr old 5'5 black man with no children that has never been married owns a home and has multiple degrees. His clock is ticking he wants an instant family where he gets married tomorrow and gets you pregnant on the honeymoon. I will surely send you his info. He is open WIDE OPEN. He looks much younger than 49 I'd say 37-39 in looks.

If you are under 5ft tall and your clock is ticking you guys could make a nice lil couple.

^ there's someone for everyone!

I turned down a date because I'm on the quality over quantity hype. Still clocked at 0 dates lol

None :( I think I'm going to start back in May.

But why the wait. I had 3 dates yesterday one for lunch one after work for happy hour and one for reverse happy hour. That's why I'm fat.

I have 2 dates today one was at lunch and the next is at 8. I have been missing my dinner date for months. Our schedules just don't match. I'm getting tired of meeting people I don't like. I want to thin the pack and focus on one person. I thought I had someone but he disappeared 2 wknds in a row. He says family issues out of town but......

One of my dates was a repeat the other two were probably people I will never see again.

I went out on Saturday with a man I met on OKC. He brought a friend along WTF MAN. What 35+yr old man brings a back up? smdh I phoned a friend and we made it a double. He got himself in the friend zone.....until he asked me if I smoked and I said I've never smoked.........then he added anything? Stoner go sit down I don't want to go smoke weed with you.

But why the wait. I had 3 dates yesterday one for lunch one after work for happy hour and one for reverse happy hour. That's why I'm fat.

I have 2 dates today one was at lunch and the next is at 8. I have been missing my dinner date for months. Our schedules just don't match. I'm getting tired of meeting people I don't like. I want to thin the pack and focus on one person. I thought I had someone but he disappeared 2 wknds in a row. He says family issues out of town but......

One of my dates was a repeat the other two were probably people I will never see again.

I went out on Saturday with a man I met on OKC. He brought a friend along WTF MAN. What 35+yr old man brings a back up? smdh I phoned a friend and we made it a double. He got himself in the friend zone.....until he asked me if I smoked and I said I've never smoked.........then he added anything? Stoner go sit down I don't want to go smoke weed with you.
Daaaaaaang!!! I wanna be you when I grow up!!! :lachen:

Shoot......I haven't been able to get ONE date this year so far, and you're having 2 or more dates in one DAY!!! Lol! :lol:

One, last saturday and it was a hell date! I thought a midget dressed in a devil costume was going to emerge from behind the counter or something...ugh

5 dates thus far this year. 6 if you count an outing with my ex. I'm currently in communication with two men who I matched with on CMB. Both seem good on paper but neither is consistent with communication. I need to find myself some more possibles so o can have a date next week.

Yes, I was an ESL teacher, and now I am studying Korean here. How does you brother like Korea so far? Yes, it is really rough dating (for me anyway). My Korean friend wants me to go on a "meeting" with her to meet a bunch of people in a relaxed environment. The idea sounds good on paper, but I am an introvert so I am not sure I am up for it.

@lainecondition

I peeped your location in S Korea, are you an ESL teacher? My lil brother teaches in Cheong-Ju (prob mispelled) Yeah I can imagine dating there would be rough for a sista.:bighug:

lainecondition this is year number 4 for him & it hasn't been easy:nono: I know he misses home but with the way the economy is he knows that it could take a while to find work especially something other than teaching. I want to go visit him but my $$$$ ain't what they need to be plus I would like to visit somewhere else like Thailand or Vietnam. I haven't seen him in 2 yrs and am excited that he will be home for 3wks in June:grin: I am more extroverted with introvert tendencies and the idea of dating after being on an looooong hiatus is giving me a bit of anxiety, I am terrified!

@southerncitygirl Wow, four years! I'm just coming up on my 3rd year, and I am in a similar position. I miss home and being around a variety of ethnicities and races. Everyone is asking when I am coming back home, and I have no clue. I'm not confident in my ability to find a job quickly back home. I guess I will be in Asia for a while. I am thinking of moving to Japan, though.

I definitely feel you on the dating after a while. I am terrified too.

So one guy from CMB followed through with a phone call only to mess it up by canceling plans to meet. We were going to meet by the lake and he was supposed to text me at a specific time beforehand so we could arrange an exact location. The appointed time came and went without a peep from him so I went to the lake anyways to get my workout in. I did get a voice mail from him later that night apologizing and explaining that he'd written me a text to cancel because it was too cold outside but forgot to send it. While I acknowledge the apology and have made a similar mistake on forgetting to hit send I'm still kind of annoyed because I don't think it was too cold to be out. But whatever. If he calls this week I'll see how I'm feeling then.
On another note I met a new guy at a sports bar this weekend. We'll see how this goes. He's already been in touch. Hopefully he will ask for a date this week.

I need updates I want laptops closed, makeup on, heels high and arses in seats at restaurants, concerts, plays, etc UPDATES :whip: !!!

I've lost count of how many dates. In the last couple of weeks I think I've had 5 dates and will likely have another one tonight.

Back