Would you or have you paid for the first date?

In one of the marriage sticky's(thread), advice was given "Don't start anything in the beginning of marriage you don't intend on continuing for 50 years"
That advice stuck with me and I believe it can be applied to dates as well. If you start off paying, naturally he'll assume y'all will go dutch everytime, and maybe he'll "treat" you both every once in a while.:nono:

On dates/during courtship, ladies should be treated like Queens. Men should always expect to pick up the tab.:yep: But seriously, y'all are right, roles are beginning to change and shift nowadays... but to be quite honest, I don't like it:ohwell:

I have. Well, I paid for my own dinner, and all I got was a leech to show for it. He was accustomed to having women pay his way through life. When I paid for my dinner and left the tip, he instantly knew he had found another sucker. :nono:

I also know of a guy who I told this story to. He told me that his ex-girlfriend paid for their first date, because he didn't have any money. I was thinking that he could have borrowed some money or gotten some from his parents or something. Anyway, he was telling me how they were always broke. They lived together, and were together for 7 years. She broke up with him, because even after all of that, he wouldn't marry her.

I wouldn't advise any woman to pay any man's way for anything. He may go along with it, because you're making it easy for him. That does not necessarily mean that he's with you, because you're the only one he wants to be with. He hadn't put in any effort to show it and may be just passing time with you until someone that he really wants to be with comes along. Or until his financial situation improves, and he can pull someone better than you who won't put up with him not being able to pay for dates.

IMO, If a guy is broke, then he should not suggest DINNER as a first date!

There are lots of things...museums, walk in the park, browsing in a book store, even a picnic, etc.....that's free or lower cost.

Better to be perceived as creative, than cheap.

IMO, If a guy is broke, then he should not suggest DINNER as a first date!

There are lots of things...museums, walk in the park, browsing in a book store, even a picnic, etc.....that's free or lower cost.

Better to be perceived as creative, than cheap.

:thankyou:Because the Thanks button wasn't enough:grin:

:peace: In my opinion, spending the day together at a festival, park, downtown etc. is much more memorable as a FIRST date than a dinner. Seems like conversation would be easier as well..:yep:

If he asked me out I would expect him to pay. Now if I asked him I would pay but I can never see asking someone out on a first date.

OP, i can see where you're coming from. However, the man doesn't have to agree to go out with the woman when she asks him out. He could simply decline. If he agrees to go out on a date with a woman, I think that he should agree to pay for the bill as well.

For a woman to pay for a first or anyyyyy date is an abomination!! What is wrong with women these days?? You're hurting me!!

Back