It's 1/2/15 How many dates have you had?

I've been on 4 dates with 2 guys this month. I have another date with a 3rd guy on Wednesday. Another guy invited me to a party on Friday, but it's not a date. Hopefully, there will be some nice eligible bachelors in attendance.

Wait you're back to dating! I thought you had a bf! Or am I mistaken?

None yet. I just got back online last week and I'm trying to be really selective with who I pick to go out with this time around. When I was online late 2012-2013 I had all these horror story dates so I'm not repeating that. I hope to have at least one next month.

I've had 1 date so far on Saturday night; I ended spending all Sunday with him too.

I don't know if he counts because he is my ex... :look: :look:

I have another date on Thursday... with a different ex. :look: :look: :lol:

I'm getting my practice in, since they keep asking to see me.

I've had 1 date so far on Saturday night; I ended spending all Sunday with him too.

Nothing wrong with that... It can also help with boosting confidence building.

I feel the same way. Last year was horrible for me in dating. I just stopped all together after September/October.

I'm approaching 37. I just keep telling myself it only takes that ONE! And this is just part of it in order to meet that ONE and I have to do something to put myself out there.

I'm 37 and this year more than ever I feel really great about dating!

Had date #2 with Jamaican guy. The more we talk the more he looks great on paper and I know he really likes me. But after date 2 and still no tingles I know it's not going to go anywhere.
We've been emailing and he's very funny. The type of wit I like

stick around and see if he grows on you. My friend who wasn't feeling a guy and even had me be the 3rd wheel on a date is now ENGAGED!

Went on another date last night. Dude was a lot chunkier than his pics AND he kept talking about how he hates going to the gym, especially around New Years bc it's so crowded. Um I can tell.

Guys try to act that it's only women that pull this mess.

WAYMIN is this the same dude? I hate that this happened to you. I had a man show up hundreds of lbs and 20yrs older, and recently had one show up older but he was cool

Well, it's the 25th day of January. No date. Honestly I cannot get out of this mindset that I shouldn't date until I have my crap together. But I know that's wrong! This guy at work asked me to come over to his house during the day because he "has the house to himself" but we have never been anywhere together before. Was I wrong to reject that idea? I don't think so but I wanted to run it by the forum.

We don't want no scrubs. Coming to someone's house is not a date its an easy way to try to convince someone to screw. Does he live at home with his momma?

Oh maybe I should have mentioned that I originally suggested we go to a movie and then he said we should watch movies at his house and order pizza. Is that relevant? Briabiggles cheetarah1980

Yes it is. Unless you are 15 and he has no job and no car you should not be at his house watching movies and eating pizza. There is a place for that it is call Studio Grill. You eat and watch movies at the same time.

Booo throws tomatoes practice with new folks

Perfect hairline makes me want to choke him. He says all the right things, when I hoped we were at the good morning good night stage he started doing it without me saying a word. Then he started traveling for work, and life events started happening. He called and apologized and told me he wants to get to know me and to just hold on and work with him for a lil longer. He is a workaholic and said it on the first date. He said once work settles he can work on his personal life. Between his call last night and the call about Mercury being on Retrograde he just saved his spot in my life.

While he has a spot he isn't the only person I'm going out with

Dates have come to a screeching halt. I'm just so disinterested even in guys I'd prob give a chance to a few weeks ago. I feel like I need to be wow'd and it's just not happening.

I'm more focused on getting back to my vixen weight (10lbs away!) and preparing for my potential move to London :look:

thus far? none.

i am scared getting back into the dating scene after two years because I feel pretty scarred from this breakup (my first real breakup) but i look forward to being ready by around March. I just need to move the hell out....

None still.

I just hang out with friends most of the time. I haven't had an official date with a guy I actually like in such a long time.

I cant wait to move right now. I love it here but I really dont feel like I'd find a good partner in this city.

ok so i had one date so far this year (it was kind of a bust and he invited me upstairs at the end of the night. womp) and am potentially meeting a new guy tonight. i think hes cute but i'll reserve judgment until i know how tall he is. guys listed at 5'10 are notoriously around 5'8 and a half max.

he seems more eager than i would have thought since on paper hes the type of guy that usually i like more than likes me. sooo im up for meeting. quick drink before i move on with my life. im at a place now where i am assuming rejection for guys that i think i'll like.

ok so i had one date so far this year (it was kind of a bust and he invited me upstairs at the end of the night. womp) and am potentially meeting a new guy tonight. i think hes cute but i'll reserve judgment until i know how tall he is. guys listed at 5'10 are notoriously around 5'8 and a half max. he seems more eager than i would have thought since on paper hes the type of guy that usually i like more than likes me. sooo im up for meeting. quick drink before i move on with my life. im at a place now where i am assuming rejection for guys that i think i'll like.

image-3570957415.jpg

:rofl:

ive been watching preachers daughters all day :rofl:

Met a 50 yr old Danish guy - I swear he looks no older than 40. He wants to cook me dinner tonight. He's all like "I don't get this whole Super Bowl thing but I'll cook you dinner and we can watch for interesting commercials" :lol:

I'm really excited about 37yr old philosophy professor guy. Have a date with him on Thursday. He's just the right type of quirky and esoteric that always gets me. :drunk:

Breakfast at a lil French place. I wore a denim dress. We sat and talked for about 2hrs. Politics, Real Estate, and family. At the end of it he said he had business in New Orleans this week. I said OOh I wanna go. Then he told me I should and that he was serious. He doesn't know. I'm serious about traveling I have a bag already packed. I'll look at the weather and might switch out a few things but I'm always down for a trip and I just LOVE NEW ORLEANS! Coffee and bignets good morning New Orleans!

PS almost forgot. He blessed me with a donation to the PP Jr. College life fund. He just loves my daughter although he has only seen her 2xs. He has 5 sons.

Last edited:
Ugh this guy asked me out. I don't really want to go. Why are the people I'm always meh about wanting to hang out...if I go it def won't be on Saturday.

PretteePlease yea, he lives with his parents. He's 19 going on 20, we work together, just part time, he doesn't have a car. Really, that's interesting. Do they have that on the east coast?
Sorry it took so long to reply, I totally did not see you talking to me lol.

PretteePlease are you Haitian at all? Your face (which is very pretty) reminds me of a former classmate of mine. 5 sons?! Whoa that's a gaggle. Are they younger like under 10?

Miami. It should be easier here supposedly but it isn't. alot of the people I meet that I potentially would like are just in Miami on vacation. I'm moving to the dmv area in 6 months for sure now though so we will see how things are there

Reminds me of when I lived in Las Vegas. Maybe you can try online dating. That should net you a few locals to fill your time until you leave town.

PretteePlease are you Haitian at all? Your face (which is very pretty) reminds me of a former classmate of mine. 5 sons?! Whoa that's a gaggle. Are they younger like under 10?

Sac Pase'! :rofl: No not Haitian born in Portugal of Black American parents. We are all Africans.

SHOUT OUT TO THE REAL AFRICANS-Marshawn Lynch

I have an air hockey challenge date coming up this wkng hopefully Saturday during the day. If he beats me I'm going to suggest 3pt shoot out. I'm very competitive his ego be damned!

I went on 2 dates before the end of the first week of January. First one was...odd. Second one was a little better but he travels often and im not into long distance shenanigans. Haven't been on one since then. Maybe I should change that

Back