It's the 1st day of 2014 How many dates have you had

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
:giggle:

Nope I'm not giving you ladies any time. Time is not your friend and keeps slippin into the future.

I had a date today. It was a very low-key and casual 1st date. We spent 2hrs at Starbuck's. I felt like I stayed too long and that he is trying to spend too much time on the phone with me. He has a great job, has lots of man skills and is on the short side but I think I like him enough for a second and 3rd date. He was a perfect gentleman but made a strange request that I take off my heels so he could see how tall I was. Sir you are short. Your pic was life sized and me taking off my heels will not make you any taller. I respectfully gave him the side eye and declined. I didn't like his body language something about it said insecure. He was sitting with his shoulder to me and when I said something about it he didn't turn it. That worked my nerves.

I want to see improvement from the nondaters in the 2013 thread

I wore the unicorn spray and he noticed it and made mention of it at least 4xs he asked what it was and I told him "UNICORN SPRAY" :lachen:

Crickets and those tumbling bush balls over here........

eta oh yes, they're called Tumble Weed :lol:

Last edited:

Them: You know they say what you are doing on New Year is what you will be doing for the rest of the year. You're gonna be stuck with me

Me: *looks for purse to get the hell on*

dang girl .......sheesh

I have a date lined up for saturday....if that counts!!! that is better than last year around this time

PretteePlease

can you just have a sticky just dedicated to your life LOL and in there give us some pointers like you have already

I have a lunch date lined up for tomorrow, dinner on Friday and Saturday nights, and brunch for Sunday afternoon. Trying to squeeze these dudes in before I go back to school on Monday!

I went on a date last night. He's 10+ yrs older than me, has a 20 yr old kid :look: , and is very successful. He is short but handsome, short doesn't bother me though. Broke does. Conversation was really good, we talked for 3+hrs . He called me when he got home, which would typically annoy me, but I'm going to roll with it for now.

On a serious note, I've been toning up and dropping inches so hopefully I'll be able to wade in the millionaires and above pond like my friend in my head [USER]PretteePlease [/USER] :yep:

The unicorn spray didn't work for me. Incidentally, cheapo Adidas for MEN has a good success rate. Something about how it mixes with my chemistry. :drunk:

I won't participate in the RF. My dating life isn't PC. And this board is too judgmental.

Last edited:
I went on my date today and it went pretty good. An old friend who is trying to get reacquainted with me. He is really decent guy and is finishing law school this year. Easy on the eyes...a little weird but that's okay. He is a good listener...I may see where this goes.

Date #2 tomorrow evening...

I'll bite.

I had a NYE first date that went into the new year. He is nice but socially awkward. We have another date set for Sunday at Foge de Chao. He lives about an hour from DC so I am not sure how well this will work but at least he seems eager to do things. We have plans to meet again in about a week for his annual office winter party in Vienna. Its a cocktail event and I have a feeling that there will be other available men there.

I totally had plans to head to Bethesda/Chevy Chase tomorrow to "scout" but it looks like will not let this be.

Last edited:
Do side pieces count?

Depends on who the side piece is him or you :lachen:

On a serious note, I've been toning up and dropping inches so hopefully I'll be able to wade in the millionaires and above pond like my friend in my head [USER]PretteePlease [/USER] :yep:

The unicorn spray didn't work for me. Incidentally, cheapo Adidas for MEN has a good success rate. Something about how it mixes with my chemistry. :drunk:

I have also had a nice response with the Axe for MEN chocolate :yep:

Adidas for MEN is your unicorn spray!

Them: You know they say what you are doing on New Year is what you will be doing for the rest of the year. You're gonna be stuck with me

Me: *looks for purse to get the hell on*

Well, on New Years I went to a wine bar with my nieces. Found another favorite. :lick: Then we hopped over to a regular bar. When I left the table to go to the restroom, one of the guys came over to the table and gave my niece an address to a party. :perplexed

So what does that mean for the rest of the year?

No dates as of yet. I struggle to find a place to meet my type. :ohwell:

Last edited:
I'll bite.

I had a NYE first date that went into the new year. He is nice but socially awkward. We have another date set for Sunday at Foge de Chao. He lives about an hour from DC so I am not sure how well this will work but at least he seems eager to do things. We have plans to meet again in about a week for his annual office winter party in Vienna. Its a cocktail event and I have a feeling that there will be other available men there.

I totally had plans to head to Bethesda/Chevy Chase tomorrow to "scout" but it looks like will not let this be.
TopShelf, pray, do tell.....

Back