Is dating a man with a girlfriend/SO wrong?

Having been in a situation like this, where the guy had a girl, and I was aware of it, he was very attractive and he did all the pursuing..I wld politely say no to his invites and request to go out and eventually he started wearing me down and one day I said yes....I felt like he had everything to lose by stepping out. I did not feel I was in the wrong nor did I pursue him or throw myself at him.

However men like this will only do you dirt, as the one I am speaking on did me. Men with SO/GF will always use them as an excuse for why they cant be with you...hitting you with prhases such as "if the situation wasn't like this, you would be my girl......" Lies Lies Lies.

We live in a day and age where men will tell you whatever your want to here to satisfy their own means/ends/agendas etc.....

candy1214 said:
I see what you're saying and my answer was just in response to what another poster stated.

I know if a man has ill-intentions he will just go and do what he wants. However, for the purpose of this thread, I think a man would have less opportunity to engage in an affair if the other woman cut him off after finding out that he had a woman. That's all I was trying to say.

But usually by the time the liar has told her or she has FOUND OUT he has a wife/girlfriend, he has screwed her until her head rolled off and she's madly in love with him.

That's when the competition starts. It's different if a woman didn't care to begin with if he had somebody else or not.

I don't care how you slice it or dice it. He is cheating on his girlfriend with you. Why would anyone want to get involved with that. If he is cheating with you, chances are he has or has had several side pieces. What about diseases and such?. This has nothing to do with the girlfriend...it has EVERYTHING to do with your morals.

It's kind of sad to see people justify their behavior by saying oh i'm doing her a favor..he's a dog anyway..blah blah blah. Question is do YOU feel you are doing wrong? Do you feel any guilt? I'm sure alot of people who participate in these kind of situations DO feel guilt even though they won't admit it. Instead, that guilt is manifested in kinds of excuses and twisted logic.

Blossssom said:
The discussion has evolved since then, and I answered the question from the onset so "pretty please" go back and read it.

okay well then since the discussion has evolved, then I'm not wrong for asking this question:

(to all of the ladies): Can anyone tell me if they know of a woman who didnt mind dating men who were taken that ended up in a happy, long-lasting relationship??

I've just never really heard of any. Maybe I need to get out more :lol:

Undefeated Queen said:
Actually there are women who don't care about being married and having children and have no problem being "alone" at 40. My ex co worker Marge said she never had the desire to get married or have kids. When she wanted some "attention" :look: she went through her phone, made a phone call, got it, and sent him on his merry way. :lol:

Hell! It beats sitting around wondering if your man is cheating or not! LOL!

Blossssom said:
You immoral, man-stealin', hoe-baggin', slut-bangin'... LOL!

Just kidding, Coco :lol:

I know...

Although some people on here probably view me as this, but you will be surprised how many men and women have slept with someone who was involved with someone else. Like I said in my situation, i knew that guy already for like 2 years. He damn near hated that girl, and they broke up..point blank. But I am not the type of girl who wants to be a homewrecker and will continuously date/sleep with/be with/etc. a guy who has a GF and has NO intentions on leaving his girl. Now thats just SICK!!!:eek: LOL

Blossssom said:
But usually by the time the liar has told her or she has FOUND OUT he has a wife/girlfriend, he has screwed her until her head rolled off and she's madly in love with him.

That's when the competition starts. It's different if a woman didn't care to begin with if he had somebody else or not.

okay...so which of these two standpoints are you taking?

because IMO both situations would end up sloppy.

and i have never encountered a D**K that was sooo good that I'd compete for it. clawing and scratchin over a weiner???:confused:

MuseofTroy said:
There are plenty of single people in the world, so why mess around with someone who is already in a relationship? I suppose the only exception to this rule is if all parties involved are okay with the open relationship deal.

Again, he's in the relationship so ask him why is HE involved with somebody else when he already has someone?

If he doesn't care, I don't care. (Non-married people).

He's obviously not happy with her.

Blossssom said:
It means as MUCH to me as it means to him.

I would have to agree with this statement. I don't think you should care for his relationship more then he does. I think you should care for yourself no matter how he feels about his relationship. :cool:

CoCoGirl821 said:
By taken I guess I mean someone who is in a relationship. When I decide to actually date someone, I would hope they are single/not in a relationship. Thankfully I have never been in a situation where the guy wasnt completely honest with me about his dating situation. Either you are with someone or you arent. I try not to get involved with someone who has a girlfriend/SO, but I know lots of women who say "not married=single."

You just met another one.

Blossssom said:
Hell! It beats sitting around wondering if your man is cheating or not! LOL!

not if you have a GOOD, HONEST man.....sorry, being in a happy, healthy relationship beats sitting alone any day.

now if dude is dogging you out, then yeah....lemme be single!!

candy1214 said:

and i have never encountered a D**K that was sooo good that I'd compete for it. clawing and scratchin over a weiner???:confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ weiner!

Blossssom said:
Again, he's in the relationship so ask him why is HE involved with somebody else when he already has someone?

If he doesn't care, I don't care. (Non-married people).

He's obviously not happy with her.

But why deal with that drama in the first place? In fact why deal with someone who doesn't care about how his significant other might take him stepping out with another woman.

CoCoRica said:
Having been in a situation like this, where the guy had a girl, and I was aware of it, he was very attractive and he did all the pursuing..I wld politely say no to his invites and request to go out and eventually he started wearing me down and one day I said yes....I felt like he had everything to lose by stepping out. I did not feel I was in the wrong nor did I pursue him or throw myself at him.

However men like this will only do you dirt, as the one I am speaking on did me. Men with SO/GF will always use them as an excuse for why they cant be with you...hitting you with prhases such as "if the situation wasn't like this, you would be my girl......" Lies Lies Lies.We live in a day and age where men will tell you whatever your want to here to satisfy their own means/ends/agendas etc.....

And it's not supposed to be that way.

I guess I'm just too cavalier about the whole thing... or just don't give a damn :lol:

candy1214 said:
okay well then since the discussion has evolved, then I'm not wrong for asking this question:

(to all of the ladies): Can anyone tell me if they know of a woman who didnt mind dating men who were taken that ended up in a happy, long-lasting relationship??

I've just never really heard of any. Maybe I need to get out more :lol:

Yes I do, they are married and have a baby. But I dont think they were serious until after they broke up. This was my God-brother and his wife. I was upset with him for a while after doing this, but seems like everything worked out for the good and there are no longer any hard feelings between him and his ex.

But you cant count on that happening too often. If you gonna be a skank, as someone put it, be a smart one. I think any woman who puts herself in a situation as such and expects that man to leave his GF/SO/wife is dumb. It just aint gonna happen. Not only does he have his cake and eating it to...the n!gg@ got the whole damn meal!!!

BackToMyRoots said:
I don't care how you slice it or dice it. He is cheating on his girlfriend with you. Why would anyone want to get involved with that. If he is cheating with you, chances are he has or has had several side pieces. What about diseases and such?. This has nothing to do with the girlfriend...it has EVERYTHING to do with your morals.

It's kind of sad to see people justify their behavior by saying oh i'm doing her a favor..he's a dog anyway..blah blah blah. Question is do YOU feel you are doing wrong? Do you feel any guilt? I'm sure alot of people who participate in these kind of situations DO feel guilt even though they won't admit it. Instead, that guilt is manifested in kinds of excuses and twisted logic.

No. Not one iota because he's not married to her and if he was happy with her, he wouldn't be all up in my face.

CoCoGirl821 said:
I know...

Although some people on here probably view me as this, but you will be surprised how many men and women have slept with someone who was involved with someone else. Like I said in my situation, i knew that guy already for like 2 years. He damn near hated that girl, and they broke up..point blank. But I am not the type of girl who wants to be a homewrecker and will continuously date/sleep with/be with/etc. a guy who has a GF and has NO intentions on leaving his girl. Now thats just SICK!!!:eek: LOL

Everybody on this damn board! LOL! I know, I know... not all y'all but enough ;)

I ain't wrecked nobody's home. I don't drag men by their balls off to my boudoir.

Blossssom said:
No. Not one iota because he's not married to her and if he was happy with her, he wouldn't be all up in my face.

well if at the end of the day...you feel good inside for that, then so be it.

candy1214 said:

Candy, you'd be surprised.

Blossssom said:
Everybody on this damn board! LOL! I know, I know... not all y'all but enough ;)

I ain't wrecked nobody's home. I don't drag men by their balls off to my boudoir.

Honestly...thats where I was gettin at...but im tryin this new thing these days...its called bein nice. LOL

Blossssom said:

You know it's not always about his GF. He can have someone who make him very happy. Sometimes it's about how he feels about his self. Some man step out on their GF because they suffer from whatever.

shynessqueen said:
I would have to agree with this statement. I don't think you should care for his relationship more then he does. I think you should care for yourself no matter how he feels about his relationship. :cool:

And you'll be fine as long as you never catch feelings for him, which if you're seeing other people, as you should be doing, won't happen :)

Blossssom said:

Then you do what you do and hopefully the girlfriends finds out that her man is a cheating lying dog and leaves him to his skanking ways.

Back