Is dating a man with a girlfriend/SO wrong?

candy1214 said:
not if you have a GOOD, HONEST man.....sorry, being in a happy, healthy relationship beats sitting alone any day.

now if dude is dogging you out, then yeah....lemme be single!!

Agreed!!! :lol:

Blossssom said:
Candy, you'd be surprised.

surprised at what? being D**KMATIZED? yeah ive seen it happen...but that was in H.S. or on some ish like Jerry Springer.

young, dumb or a combination of the both. i dont understand why a GROWN WOMAN would stoop that low to get involved in some foolishness.

If dude only calls during certiain times or won't let you come to his crib.....you's a fool!

candy1214 said:
okay well then since the discussion has evolved, then I'm not wrong for asking this question:

(to all of the ladies): Can anyone tell me if they know of a woman who didnt mind dating men who were taken that ended up in a happy, long-lasting relationship??

I've just never really heard of any. Maybe I need to get out more :lol:
Not a one. They always crash and burn eventually

candy1214 said:
surprised at what? being D**KMATIZED? yeah ive seen it happen...but that was in H.S. or on some ish like Jerry Springer.

young, dumb or a combination of the both. i dont understand why a GROWN WOMAN would stoop that low to get involved in some foolishness.

If dude only calls during certiain times or won't let you come to his crib.....you's a fool!

I agree! A woman should know something is up if she can't come to his house or only recieves phone calls at certain times.

MuseofTroy said:
But why deal with that drama in the first place? In fact why deal with someone who doesn't care about how his significant other might take him stepping out with another woman.

It isn't new girl's drama. If there is any drama, it's his drama.

New girl isn't privy to what goes on with him and his other women.

She's only concerned for what goes on between her and him, and that's what the girlfriend needs to focus on as well.

What's happening between the current girlfriend and him is their business. New girl *if it were me* could care less.

CoCoGirl821 said:
Yes I do, they are married and have a baby. But I dont think they were serious until after they broke up. This was my God-brother and his wife. I was upset with him for a while after doing this, but seems like everything worked out for the good and there are no longer any hard feelings between him and his ex.

But you cant count on that happening too often. If you gonna be a skank, as someone put it, be a smart one. I think any woman who puts herself in a situation as such and expects that man to leave his GF/SO/wife is dumb. It just aint gonna happen. Not only does he have his cake and eating it to...the n!gg@ got the whole damn meal!!![/QUOTE]

LOL!

You might get blasted for using the "n" word, so just be cautious.

Anyway, I agree with the part about not expecting the husband to leave his wife.

Few men can afford to! LOL!

Now a girlfriend, no PAPERWORK involved... BOUNCE! :)

CoCoGirl821 said:
LMAO!!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I aint even mad at you...different strokes for different folks. I cant even sit and judge cause I know I have plenty of skeletons in my closet.

I ran out of closet space. My skeletons are in the attic! :lol:

Blossssom said:
It isn't new girl's drama. If there is any drama, it's his drama.

New girl isn't privy to what goes on with him and his other women.

She's only concerned for what goes on between her and him, and that's what the girlfriend needs to focus on as well.

What's happening between the current girlfriend and him is their business. New girl *if it were me* could care less.

If girlfriend is unstable, new girl could find herself on the frontpage of some newspaper under a nasty headline. Crazy stuff like that happens, one of the reasons people would try to avoid a situations like that.

CoCoGirl821 said:
Honestly...thats where I was gettin at...but im tryin this new thing these days...its called bein nice. LOL

Yea... let me know when you master it. I still haven't :lol:

I may not be nice in some people's opinion, but I am honest and that's more important.

BackToMyRoots said:
Then you do what you do and hopefully the girlfriends finds out that her man is a cheating lying dog and leaves him to his skanking ways.

Exactly. If you can't live with it, find somebody else.

candy1214 said:

Agreed... that's just dumb.

BackToMyRoots said:
[/B]

If girlfriend is unstable, new girl could find herself on the frontpage of some newspaper under a nasty headline. Crazy stuff like that happens, one of the reasons people would try to avoid a situations like that.

True........

Hmmm...this is a tough one. I do believe in karma so I wouldn't intentionally date a man who I knew was committed to someone else. That man wouldn't be worth my time and I wouldn't want to cause his girl pain.

However, if they aren't married or engaged, I think in some situations, it's ok to scope out the guy if it's pretty clear the couple is on the verge of a breakup or you know the guy is not happy. He would have to leave his girl completely though before I got involved though. No doubling up.

I think it is wrong to try to take a man away from his girlfriend, if you know he has one.

I think it is wrong for a man to try and cheat on his girlfriend by getting a girl on the side....but not as wrong if he had been married to her. A girlfriend is a girlfriend, IMO, and has not been promised to in front of GOD and family that he will forsake all others.

I think a man and woman dealing with each other while they know there is a third party involved is dirty, but again, not nearly as serious as if one of them was married.

Would I knowlingly date a man with a girlfriend? No. But then again, I think many men keep lots of women "in play" when you first meet them anyway, and then drop them as things get more serious between you two.

winterinatl said:
I think it is wrong to try to take a man away from his girlfriend, if you know he has one.

I think it is wrong for a man to try and cheat on his girlfriend by getting a girl on the side....but not as wrong if he had been married to her. A girlfriend is a girlfriend, IMO, and has not been promised to in front of GOD and family that he will forsake all others.

I think a man and woman dealing with each other while they know there is a third party involved is dirty, but again, not nearly as serious as if one of them was married.

Would I knowlingly date a man with a girlfriend? No. But then again, I think many men keep lots of women "in play" when you first meet them anyway, and then drop them as things get more serious between you two.

Take him away? Wow... I didn't know women had that much power.

Poor, defenseless soul just didn't have a choice in the matter.

CoCoGirl821 said:
Whoa...thats harsh...:ohwell:

well screwin a man thats involved and feeling NO remorse or anything. you know what?....i'll just leave it alone.

and i was joking (half-way) anyhow.

candy1214 said:
well screwin a man thats involved and feeling NO remorse or anything. you know what?....i'll just leave it alone.

and i was joking (half-way) anyhow.

Its cool...take a breather...im not tryin to cause confusion....

I do think it's wrong for a female to intend to disrupt a relationship , as to "take" him.

But I do not believe that can be done. If he is grown, he decides to be influenced and leaves.

But again, for a female or male to take that stance, IMO, is morally wrong. And messy, lol

Blossssom said:
Whose man is he?
The man you want... The man you sleep with... That man... The dishonesty and lies just make him all the more sexier... :ohwell: Is that what you look for in a man?

I dunno. I guess we all have our own opinions. When I get invovled with men its usually because Im seeking a relationship. But the way Im reading it is you dont really want him. Just another notch on the belt huh? Maybe thats why we have different opinions. Youre seeking something else while I assusme most of the ladies on here are seeking relationships. I think I understand now. I think people who have no feelings about things like that are empty inside. So if you feel nothing why even sleep with him in the first place. Why not just sleep with an available man?

Back