I just realized that I have fell in love with my husband again

eyunka

My husband and I have been together for 13 yrs and we have had some bad patches in between. We have been on the road to recovery for awhile now. Things are going great!!!!

Anyway last night I realized I must really love my husband because at 10pm he said he was hungry looking thur the Frig. Keep in mind yesterday

I WOKE UP AT 5AM WASHED MY HAIR, MADE SURE THE KIDS GOT DRESSED FOR SCHOOL, WENT TO WORK, STOP AT WENDY'S SO THE KIDS CAN HAVE DINNER, TOOK MY DAUGHTER TO CHEERLEADING PRACTICE, STOPPED AT THE STORE FOR SOME MILK AND BREAD GOT GAS, HELPED WITH HOMEWORK, NURSED MY OLDEST CHILD (HEADACHE AND NAUSA) PICKED AND IRONED THEIR CLOTHES FOR TOMORROW AND DID MY DAUGHTER'S HAIR IN THE WONDERFUL STYLE YOU SEE AT THE BOTTOM.

I asked him if he wanted me to fry him some fish (thinking he would say no...he didn't). So here i was at 10pm frying fish and french fries and was happy to do it even tho i was tried as hell.

What are some of the things you guys have done for you husband or SO that tells you with out a doubt you love this man becasue you wouldn't do this for no body else?

My husband and I have been together for 13 yrs and we have had some bad patches in between. We have been on the road to recovery for awhile now. Things are going great!!!!

Anyway last night I realized I must really love my husband because at 10pm he said he was hungry looking thur the Frig. Keep in mind yesterday

I WOKE UP AT 5AM WASHED MY HAIR, MADE SURE THE KIDS GOT DRESSED FOR SCHOOL, WENT TO WORK, STOP AT WENDY'S SO THE KIDS CAN HAVE DINNER, TOOK MY DAUGHTER TO CHEERLEADING PRACTICE, STOPPED AT THE STORE FOR SOME MILK AND BREAD GOT GAS, HELPED WITH HOMEWORK, NURSED MY OLDEST CHILD (HEADACHE AND NAUSA) PICKED AND IRONED THEIR CLOTHES FOR TOMORROW AND DID MY DAUGHTER'S HAIR IN THE WONDERFUL STYLE YOU SEE AT THE BOTTOM.

I asked him if he wanted me to fry him some fish (thinking he would say no...he didn't). So here i was at 10pm frying fish and french fries and was happy to do it even tho i was tried as hell.

What are some of the things you guys have done for you husband or SO that tells you with out a doubt you love this man becasue you wouldn't do this for no body else?

Too sweet.........:grin:

Awwww.......

I love my SO too, BUT ain't no way in the world, I'm frying fish at 10PM. After 10pm he has two options, sandwich or cereal... :grin:

But I do think it sweet that you do it.

I used to get up at 6:30 to iron his clothes, which my friends thought was total lunacy, but I stopped when I stopped working....:ohwell:

Eyunka, I hear you. I get up at 5 AM to fix my husband's lunch everyday. I wash his stinky draws...TMI. I do a lot of stuff. I am either out of my mind or madly love my hubby and kids because I became a stay at home mom because DH asked me to. I have just about anything I could ask for on all levels. I definitely didn't love my former SO's like this and I know they would have never loved me the way my husband does.

Thanks for sharing Blue. I have learned thur my recovery to falling in love again that if I cut out some of my time I was taking with friends that my life would be soooo much better. I don't stay on the phone as much with friends or stay on the computer much at all except work:yep:.

Everywhere i go I ask him if he wants to ride....things are just great that all i can say.:grin:

Eyunka, I hear you. I get up at 5 AM to fix my husband's lunch everyday. I wash his stinky draws...TMI. I do a lot of stuff. I am either out of my mind or madly love my hubby and kids because I became a stay at home mom because DH asked me to. I have just about anything I could ask for on all levels. I definitely didn't love my former SO's like this and I know they would have never loved me the way my husband does.

That is sooooo sweet! I lay my hubby's uniform, boots and socks out at night before I go to bed. If I don't do it at night, first thing when I get up. Which I hate because I have to go to the laundry room in the basement....:yep: it's love because doing that many stairs at 5:30am is no joke.

Last edited:
I don't wake up early to fix his lunches, but I have been known to cook a pork chop dinner in the late night hours. He's just not hungry when gets home from work around 9 P.M., so I'm normally not making him something to eat until around 11 or 12.

I wash his clothes, pick up the toenail clippings he leaves on the carpet (*retch*) and do almost all of the housework. (He takes out the trash)

He might wash dishes when he's mad at me and he does it all extra loud so I can hear how mad he is :rolleyes:

I can only imagine how he's thinking this effects me

"See how mad I AM?! I'M DOING HOUSEWORK!" all the while I open a beer, turn on the XBOX and enjoy NOT having to do it. LOL!

I worked for his parents for two years which seriously tested our relationship, but I helped him get things in order and pulled over time with him when he needed it.

He married me because I was a chump.:lachen:

I think I need to just let myself fall in love again.

Rub his feet and scratch his back. I hate scratching his back, I'm always concerned I'll get dirt under my nails and I think that's gross. I hate rubbing thick skinned feet. But I do this just for him.

Rub his feet and scratch his back. I hate scratching his back, I'm always concerned I'll get dirt under my nails and I think that's gross. I hate rubbing thick skinned feet. But I do this just for him.

Oh my god you touch his feet...

you are a good woman.

I wouldn't do it with steel wool mitts on. :look:

As a currently VERY content and happily unmarried woman, this is very refreshing and a reminder to me that true love does not have an expiration date - granted, relationships of all kinds need "reigniting" from time to time but if love isn't there, neither is the drive to "try".

Thanks for sharing ya'll... I'm getting a warm fuzzy!

I clip his toenails (his feet are actually cute) :look: Fix dinner for him and include his laundry in w/ mine.

Ok this reminds me of something that tells me I love my husband, I give him peticures and he has awful feet with thick toenail. Can't tell you how many times I have been hit in the forehead with one of those things.

Doing house work when he is mad....that's funny if he only knew that makes you happy

I don't wake up early to fix his lunches, but I have been known to cook a pork chop dinner in the late night hours. He's just not hungry when gets home from work around 9 P.M., so I'm normally not making him something to eat until around 11 or 12.

I wash his clothes, pick up the toenail clippings he leaves on the carpet (*retch*) and do almost all of the housework. (He takes out the trash)

He might wash dishes when he's mad at me and he does it all extra loud so I can hear how mad he is :rolleyes:

"See how mad I AM?! I'M DOING HOUSEWORK!" all the while I open a beer, turn on the XBOX and enjoy NOT having to do it. LOL!

I worked for his parents for two years which seriously tested our relationship, but I helped him get things in order and pulled over time with him when he needed it.

Awww what a sweet story.

I've had that 'fallen in love again' feeling, and its the best. I know what you're talking about.

Oh my god you touch his feet...

you are a good woman.

I wouldn't do it with steel wool mitts on. :look:

I was about to say I let my b/f toes touch me...I have never let toes touch me (as my siblings can attest to)...It must be love:yep:.

O.P. that was a sweet story.

Wow! You ladies are something! I cook and clean and re-clean did I say clean and cook. Deal with, I mean take care of 4 kids 16,13,4,and 1 call on Jesus count to 10 (Wooosah) I am the center of the house so I hear everyone's complaints,wants,needs,whinning,funny stories,happy/excited moments, and meltdowns. I rip and run all day I do love it and at times I just hate it and if by chance I get a moment alone I have no idea what to do! Oh and at night when I lay down he Snores like a roaring tiger! Lol! But I love him so it's ok

Awww! I hope your man knows how lucky he is (sometimes you gotta let them know in a loving way because they sometimes don't notice). I'm glad you guys are working out, I love to hear about marriage/relationships working out!!

I get up at 5am for any one! However I'm a full service spa center, I'm really good at and provide often (for him) manicures, foot/hand massages, hot oil back massages, big fancy dinners (I love cooking) and when he's not feeling well I rub his shoulders and head because he swears I have a magical touch :rolleyes:. I remember being dead tired one day and standing for 45min rubbing his head and shoulders. I was so tired I feel asleep momentarily, but my arms were moving :lol:

Now that's what i call in love...too funny you fell asleep but sweat all the same.

Awww! I hope your man knows how lucky he is (sometimes you gotta let them know in a loving way because they sometimes don't notice). I'm glad you guys are working out, I love to hear about marriage/relationships working out!!

I get up at 5am for any one! However I'm a full service spa center, I'm really good at and provide often (for him) manicures, foot/hand massages, hot oil back massages, big fancy dinners (I love cooking) and when he's not feeling well I rub his shoulders and head because he swears I have a magical touch :rolleyes:. I remember being dead tired one day and standing for 45min rubbing his head and shoulders. I was so tired I feel asleep momentarily, but my arms were moving :lol:

Yours does that too?! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

What a wonderful thread, eyunka. :yep: I have to rate this 5 five stars. A breath of fresh air from the broken marriage threads.

All I have to say is that you all are some WONDERFUL women. I have much to learn (yes even at my age) cus the whole feet thing makes me want to hurl...

All I have to say is that you all are some WONDERFUL women. I have much to learn (yes even at my age) cus the whole feet thing makes me want to hurl...

Guuurrrl we are ><....:rofl: I was reading this thread like, well DAMN!! I don't do ANY of this stuff. :lol:

However, I did enjoy reading. This was very sweet. :)

ETA: I do take care of my family though. :)

I was sitting here thinking that I had nothing to add, then I realized that I stopped waking my husband up when he snores :look:

That's a VERY big deal for me because i'm an extremely light sleeper and I just cannot stand snoring!!! He only does it when he's really tired but I still used to wake him up so that he can change positions. Now I just let him sleep :sleeping:

That is sweet but you lose your sleep.:wallbash:
I was sitting here thinking that I had nothing to add, then I realized that I stopped waking my husband up when he snores :look:

That's a VERY big deal for me because i'm an extremely light sleeper and I just cannot stand snoring!!! He only does it when he's really tired but I still used to wake him up so that he can change positions. Now I just let him sleep :sleeping:

Back