How long can your DH/SO go without taking a shower and you still color with him?

FrazzledFraggle

My cousin asked me this today.

They got into a disagreement last night because he wanted to color and she wanted him to wash his crayon first. He said he just took a shower (...he had about 4 hours prior) but then he went over to a friend's house for several hours while she stayed home. She told him that shower had expired and he needed to re-clean his crayon before he put it back in the crayon box.

So how long can your DH/SO go without taking a shower and you still color with him?

Well after morning shower he has until afternoon as long as he hasn't had a long bathroom trip lol. If it's night he needs to shower again.

My SO is clean as am I, so I know that it will never be a case of too much time elapsing between showers, except in rare cases like if we were traveling internationally or something like that. Sex can be spontaneous so the last thing on my mind is when he took his last shower, lol. If your man keeps up with his hygiene, you should have nothing to worry about.

Oh, and I bet that same cousin who is making a big deal about the last time he showered would have no problem eating the slop at those corner stores that were cooked under unsanitary conditions by strangers, LOL.

I would have still colored after 4 hours. No big deal. Even if mine missed a day, my SO still smells like Axe, he always smells good IMO.

What in the world does she think he was doing at his friend's home for 4 hours?
If he was just sitting around watching football or something , I don't understand the problem.

Did he jog over to the friend's home and back?

They had a bonfire in their backyard. She said he came home smelling like smoke from a smoke pit...not cigarette smoke. But I think she feels in general that after several hours another shower is needed.

If he was just sitting around watching football or something , I don't understand the problem.

I was thinking the same thing. Did they demo a house or something. Weird..

Well after morning shower he has until afternoon as long as he hasn't had a long bathroom trip lol. If it's night he needs to shower again.

I think that's pretty much what she was saying. He had showered in the afternoon and came home at night and she was like uh uh...you need another shower.

Everyone's pheromones are different and I do think some people have a stronger fragrance (not necessarily body odor in the negative sense) than others. But I've never noticed that he was stinky when I've been around him so maybe it's just a quirk she has.

She asked me my thought and I never really thought about it. DH showers in the morning and before bed just like I do so unless he just hit the gym or was outside in the heat mowing the grass or something...no biggie.

My SO showers 2/3 times a day...once before work, after getting off work since he's a vet tech and comes homes smelling like puppies, and sometimes if he sweats after walking the dogs at home he'll shower again. I know he's clean and vice versa so we've never had that issue.

I think that's pretty much what she was saying. He had showered in the afternoon and came home at night and she was like uh uh...you need another shower.

Everyone's pheromones are different and I do think some people have a stronger fragrance (not necessarily body odor in the negative sense) than others. But I've never noticed that he was stinky when I've been around him so maybe it's just a quirk she has.

She asked me my thought and I never really thought about it. DH showers in the morning and before bed just like I do so unless he just hit the gym or was outside in the heat mowing the grass or something...no biggie.

It's a mental thing for me. I don't really want ish in my mouth that isn't recently washed lol.

My SO is one of those freaks of nature who never smells like anything. So he can go a whole day w/o bathing and smell fresh and clean.

But of course he is one of those ppl who likes/needs to shower 3/4 times a day. So he is never more than 4 hours from just having bathed.

But to actually answer the question, one bath a day is fine with me. I'm not one of those you need to taste like soap ppl.:ohwell:

It depends. If oral is on the menu, we both must shower right before. If I'm not during my PMS zone and it's just straight sex, a morning shower is ok until evening, but we both must wipe up with baby wipes. If I'm PMS, IDGAF since I'm rabid :blush:. In fact a bit of funk may even be ok :look:, so 10-12 hrs since showering and no baby wipes is fine.

It's a mental thing for me. I don't really want ish in my mouth that isn't recently washed lol.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I don't think there is only one right answer nor do I think anyone should be judge for their cleanliness preferences. I was just wondering what the general consensus is. :lol:

Okay, that changes things. Yep, he needed a shower.

DH has friends that smoke and when he hangs out with them he comes home smelling gross. I've had him put his clothes on the terrace before he even stepped into the shower.

They had a bonfire in their backyard. She said he came home smelling like smoke from a smoke pit...not cigarette smoke. But I think she feels in general that after several hours another shower is needed.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I don't think there is only one right answer nor do I think anyone should be judge for their cleanliness preferences. I was just wondering what the general consensus is. :lol:

Lol unless dh is posting as someone else on here I wouldn't expect anymore to care how often and under what circumstances I give it up.

Once a day is good enough and I wouldn't be bothered. (I never understood why some people took multiple showers a day on the regular. That's excessive and OCD type of behavior, in my opinion.) Whatever floats your boat, I guess!

Yeah, Thats a little extreme...

Well if that's the case, yeah he woulda had to take a shower. That smoke smell gets trapped in clothes and hair and smelling it makes me nauseous. I'm sensitive to a lot of smells tho.

Bonfire smoke, eh, we could pretend we are coloring in the woods. Wouldn't bother me.

This is what I think.

However, I may be out of the box with this one but I shower before the do and expect him to do the same. If I'm not going down then 2x per day is good.

SO has never had an odor problem. Doesn't even wear deodorant.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Apart from my brother i never met a man ( who doesn't work out) who takes more than a shower a day ,anyway ,before we have sex he would have to wash his intimate parts not necessarly take a shower as long as he took a shower in the morning ,with that said there are some men with a strong body odor ,those needs 3 showers a day ..

For all you ladies who want your SO to wash right before intimacy, What happens in the heat of the moment, Do you stop him and tell him to go wash?

Back