Friend says her DH won't go Downtown

Her situation is sad, but the fact that he did it before, and refuses now is so :ohwell: The condom thing doesn't really bother me as much, as his selfishness. Something in that marriage has changed, and she needs to find out what. She's not getting any answers from him, so it maybe time to start :sekret:

This whole thing just makes me jaded.

True, but prevention is better than cure. You don't want to find out that you can't trust your hubby by getting results that you're infected. By then, it's waaaaaaay too late.

The new female version of the "becky" which really means "licking crayons" which is actually a reference to, ahem, well you know.

We should stick with one obscure reference at a time. :drunk:

Yes, please, cause yall gat my head like this :spinning:

The not going downtown does not mean he is gay. Not all straight men go downtown. However the condom thing got me. If he is monogamous (sp?) with his wife and she is using BC, I do not see why he needs a condom unless he sees yhe vagina as something dirty? The seeing brokeback mountain thing is even more strange. I wanted to go and see it and DH refused point blank, and he is the most amiable guy, but he was not interested in seeing that film. The only guys I knew who went to see it were gay guys and they thought it was crap.

Funnily enough a gay friend recently told me that before he realised he was gay and he was seeing women he never ever had sex without a condom as the thought of it in without a shield sickened him. This was after I asked him if he is sure he did not have any little ones out there that he may have fathered without knowing

Maybe it does smell down there and like some of the others have said, maybe he doesn't want any kids. We always say if a man didn't want a kid he should protect himself and now that one wants to wear a condom, people are saying he's gay. :spinning:

All of this.....

You and I are >>>>>>>here<<<<<<< :lachen:

WomanHighFive.gif

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

If people tell you who they are believe them!
If people tell you something smells believe them!

Last edited:
More than anything though I would be a bit perturbed with him going to see brokeback mountain with his boy- just thought I would say that - again

I still don't get women that sleep with and give a man head and they don't reciprocate. Seriously though? I mean for real? I can't believe it. Ya'll are tripping but I've heard this alot in the last few years. Married women, dating women....all kinds, men that DON"T go down.

I dated a dude once that told me "he didn't do that":rolleyes: umm yeah...ok sweetie, and here's how...later he turned into one of those "going downtown all the time" kind of fools:grin: Men are lazy about sex if you let them.

Maybe it does smell down there and like some of the others have said, maybe he doesn't want any kids. We always say if a man didn't want a kid he should protect himself and now that one wants to wear a condom, people are saying he's gay. :spinning:

I know alot of married couples that use condoms. It's not for me but I know ones that do, it's mostly b/c one or the other doesn't kids. I wouldn't have it. Raw married sex is...:look: heavenly

i would be seriously questioning my relationship... still wearing condoms??? oh no that needs to go out the window when you get hitched I am sorry. Whats the point of getting married if i still have to worry about you bringing in disease

I understand your post but wearing condoms while married means its a sad day. Seriously, whats the point of being married if you need to worry about disease. The implication is that hes cheating. This whole thing just makes me jaded.

I agree with everything you said. Unfortunately, marriage does not mean you're safe from STDs. You'd be surprised how many married women come up with STD's from their husbands...which is sad...but reality.
It isn't always about STD's it is also about unwanted pregancies also. WTF it seems like people would rather be preganant than and STD, I don't want either.

I understand your post but wearing condoms while married means its a sad day. Seriously, whats the point of being married if you need to worry about disease. The implication is that hes cheating. This whole thing just makes me jaded.

Well for one we definitely don't want kids. The condom issue has never been an issue for us, EVER. We feel the same way on this issue, since we don't want kids and I'm not on birth control. As for worrying about disease, I have NEVER thought or had reason to believe my hubby was cheating, or is on the down low or any other craziness, but am happy that condoms prevent in that area as well. It's just not a big deal for us. We've used them while we were dating, engaged and now that we're married. Have we had we unprotected sex, of course but that was when I was on birth control (before the convo with my doc), because again we really don't want kids right now. Condoms, as a reminder, does serve two purposes. As Trojan nicely states, (1) "If used properly, latex condoms wil help to reduce the risk of transmission of HIV infection (AIDS) and many other sexually transmitted disease. (2) Also highly effective against pregnancy." Me and my hubby are using it for both, but mainly for reason #2....again.

As for the implication of cheating, I think it's a sad day when you are in a marriage/relationship and are faced with the possibility of your hubby/SO cheating, and that wearing condoms in a marriage is even an issue. (In a perfect world no one would cheat in marriages, and they'd be no such thing as HIV/AIDS, but that's not my reality, but maybe it is for others). At any rate if he or she is cheating at least they're protected and I think that's the point. I wouldn't want someone to cheat on me and not use anything!! If I had to choose I'd rather question the condom use that might elude to an act of cheating, rather than finding out a month or year later that I've contracted an STD that I may or may not be able to get rid off to only then realize he's cheated. By then the damage has been done, and I personally am not about learning things the hard way, sorry. Now either way if you find out someone has cheated, you can 1. leave the relationship knowing you're 100% healthy and broken hearted, or 2. leave with a disease you have to live with for the rest of your life and still be broken hearted. Which would you choose? One condom can affect you for the rest of your life, for better or for worse. That's why I am not budging as to why I think OP's friend should definitely be wearing a condom right now, particularly because of his strange behavior, whether you're married or not. Am I telling her (or anyone else) to wear condoms in her marriage/relationship? NO, I could really care less what anyone does in their bedroom...you're grown, and I would hope you wouldn't care that much as to what I do in mine. But when a question is posted out of concern for a friend, then I'll state my opinion on the issue. If you have reason to believe your hubby/SO is cheating, then YES by all means protect yourself, because you can't expect anyone else to. If you usually don't wear condoms, then don't wear them. If you usually wear them, wear them. It's simple, do you and try to protect yourself in the process. I never thought I'd catch slack for saying that.

Now for my doctor, did she throw me for a loop with the condom issue? Of course, and I was offended as to what she implied, but considering the world we live in, I know why she said it. I mean do you have any idea what the statistics are? Here's a glimpse, http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/aa/index.htm, http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm#aidsrace , http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/aa/resources/factsheets/aa.htm, http://www.avert.org/usa-race-age.htm. Notice the high rates of African American homosexual males and the African American heterosexual females? I think the statistics alone prove my point. When she asked me (as I was defensive with the issue) "Am I with my husband 24 hours a day 7 days a week?", I said "NO!". That's impossible, but I knew where she was going with it. Whether you're married or not, you just never know what your SO is doing, how they're doing it and who they're doing it with. All I'm asking/saying/hoping/praying of you all is that you EDUCATE YOURSELF and make the best decision for YOU based on that information. Terri McMillian and Cookie, Magic's wife are SUPER lucky to not have been infected with HIV/AIDS, but can you imagine the married women that weren't so lucky?

I know this is a super long post, but I think it's clearly necessary. I totally agree with you Shahla, and I think it is very sad that while in a marriage you still have to protect yourself, but that's the world we live and it ain't perfect. This isn't an attack or anything towards you or anyone else, but the attitude of married couples that prefer to wear condoms for whatever reason, seems to be a negative one for whatever reason. (And I'm not just refering to the boards on here, but people I've had this conversation with as well.) At the end of the day my only hope is that people are doing what's best for themselves and no one else. Please keep in mind that whether you're married or not people aren't perfect. A ring on your finger and sharing the same last name doesn't make you any more perfect or exempt from the issues the rest of the world deals with. At the end of the day, we're still people. And with people there will be mistakes, and in relationships those mistakes can/will affect you emotionally, mentally, financially and/or physically. With that said, all you can do is take preventative measures towards any possible mistakes, like saving money, going to the doctor regularly, seeing a therapist/counselor when needed. And please don't ever be discouraged in getting married, it can be a wonderful thing...sex included!!

Last edited:
I never understood D-LICKERS that get themselves in this kinda situation. She knew from the giddyup he didn't like that mess so she needs to let it go.

Ladies, one of my best girlfriends tells me today that she and her DH are havign serious problems (I knew they were going through some things). Well she says she always has to initiate coloring for them to color. I know that her DH was laid off and recently found a new job. I told her that perhaps that is the problem.

Well, she goes on to say that when the color, he never wants to go downtown but he loves for her to do him. She asked him why he didn't want to do her and he told her "it smells funny." She told me that it's never been an issue in past relationships and she thinks the problem is with him. After I collect my thoughts i say "well, maybe you are experiencing hormonal changes (hell i don't know what to say at this point). She said her gyne says she's all good.

The kicker for me is that she continues by saying her DH ALWAYS wants to wear a condom even though she told him that they irritate her. This got me b/c i am of the opinion that a most married men are not trying to wear no condoms. My DH threw the box away when we said "i do.":grin:

Do you ladies think he's cheating...or he's on the DL? She asked me this question...

BTW, when Brokeback Mountain was out, he went to see it with "his boy.":nono::nono:

:perplexed

First and foremost, going downtown is a required route for me. I don't play that "I don't go downtown" mess. :nono: Secondly, There DEFINITELY would not be any going downtown on him if he wasn't doing that for me. :nono: AND she has to always initiate??? None of us would be getting anything! :nono:

The condom thing also creeps me out. :perplexed IMO there are other MORE EFFECTIVE ways to prevent pregnancies if that's the argument. :nono:

This whole situation ain't right. :nono:

OMG--this made me lmaoooooo--im sorryyyyyy:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ladies, one of my best girlfriends tells me today that she and her DH are havign serious problems (I knew they were going through some things). Well she says she always has to initiate coloring for them to color. I know that her DH was laid off and recently found a new job. I told her that perhaps that is the problem.

Well, she goes on to say that when the color, he never wants to go downtown but he loves for her to do him. She asked him why he didn't want to do her and he told her "it smells funny." She told me that it's never been an issue in past relationships and she thinks the problem is with him. After I collect my thoughts i say "well, maybe you are experiencing hormonal changes (hell i don't know what to say at this point). She said her gyne says she's all good.

The kicker for me is that she continues by saying her DH ALWAYS wants to wear a condom even though she told him that they irritate her. This got me b/c i am of the opinion that a most married men are not trying to wear no condoms. My DH threw the box away when we said "i do.":grin:

Do you ladies think he's cheating...or he's on the DL? She asked me this question...

BTW, when Brokeback Mountain was out, he went to see it with "his boy.":nono::nono:[/QUOTE]

*lights up a newport one hunnit and pours me a cup of coffee for dis bullshyt*

:ohwell:

~~puff....sluuurrp~~

da hell kinda phuckery is dis????? now lemme git dis hea straight...

she gotta initiate sex...he won't eat da puddi cuz he says it stanks, now he got her runnin downtown like a chicken wif no head to da obgyn for proof her cooch don't stank, irregardless, they still gotta use a condom, and she gotta suck his tired azzz penis, and he went to see brokeback mountain.

she stuck on stoopit n broke da hell down on dumb. she knew from jump dat bama ain't eat cooch. meanwhile, she got fumes comin out her azzz while suckin on his winkie woowoo, ....wait..i can't take dis hea no mo....

i don't know bout'chall, but imma tell yall...das a requirement on my app....u gotta know how to eat da cooch..rule numba one. *sounds like Ming Lee* no lickie lickie...no sucki sucki!

chile puleez...ur friend ain't tellin u e'thing.... i wonda if they have chirren t'getha...

Baby girl your friends man is FRUITIER than a FRUIT BASKET

HE WONT GO DOWN LOL AND IT STINKS no sir and condoms sounds like he has to protect himself from getting her pregnant cause his man would be man

Well, if he says it smells, I'm assuming that he does not want to put his thing in her thing raw dawg. Cant a guy just be finicky?

eta: tell her to drink lots of water and eat as much pineapple as she possibly can every day for a month....then try again.

Well, if he says it smells, I'm assuming that he does not want to put his thing in her thing raw dawg. Cant a guy just be finicky?

eta: tell her to drink lots of water and eat as much pineapple as she possibly can every day for a month....then try again.

Lol this actually works whatever you eat it taste just like it from what i hear :spinning:

~~puff....sluuurrp~~

she gotta initiate sex...he won't eat da puddi cuz he says it stanks, now he got her runnin downtown like a chicken wif no head to da obgyn for proof her cooch don't stank, irregardless, they still gotta use a condom, and she gotta suck his tired azzz penis, and he went to see brokeback mountain.

she stuck on stoopit n broke da hell down on dumb. she knew from jump dat bama ain't eat cooch. meanwhile, she got fumes comin out her azzz while suckin on his winkie woowoo, ....wait..i can't take dis hea no mo....

i don't know bout'chall, but imma tell yall...das a requirement on my app....u gotta know how to eat da cooch..rule numba one. *sounds like Ming Lee* no lickie lickie...no sucki sucki!

chile puleez...ur friend ain't tellin u e'thing.... i wonda if they have chirren t'getha...

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I agree and I don't blame him, but I think the pineapple things only works for penuz. :yep:

Last edited:
I'm with the woman that said " red flags going off". You really need to have a talk with yourself and by all means make sure you answer.

1. Do you know any married men that would ever want to use a condom with there wife? (some men don't like to use a condom at all!!)

2. Am i looking a this as objective as i can in my situation??

3. What other damn man do i know would go to see Broke Back Mountain by himself, let alone with his "homeboy!!"

No matter what i would get myself checked.

~~puff....sluuurrp~~

Spits out tea:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

BTW, when Brokeback Mountain was out, he went to see it with "his boy.":nono::nono:

Oh LAWD!!!!

Back