• Yes

Votes: 91 82.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Other, I will explain below

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No. Because he's a grown man and can get up and fix his own plate. He knows it, and he does it.

On those rare times I do cook, I tell him, "go for what ya know". And he gets off his rusty dusty and gets his plate and whatever he wants to drink with his meal. When we eat together, I will put out the foods buffet style so we can each make our own plates.

Even when I was younger, I never found making a plate for a guy "cute". So I never did it. Fletgee does not do "cute"...never has.

I ain't Suzie Domestica. I ain't his maid. And I ain't his momma.

I feel if he wants to have a plate made up for him he should go to a restaurant. Period.

Mom had it out with me about this one! It was a little party she threw just for my sister, my sister’s fiance, me and my SO. She made her famous gumbo, and we were all getting ready to eat. So I go to the kitchen, and fix by bowl, extra crab legs, and get ready to sit down. So she says, "Is that his plate?" frowning up at it and I'm like "Uh...No..." She gets all mad, "You better fix him a plate. The men should always eat first." She made me clean off the rim of the bowl because there was some gumbo juice out of place, and then she made me serve it to him. She made by sister do the same for her fiance. We learned a valuable lesson that day...I guess:lachen::lachen:

Mom had it out with me about this one! It was a little party she threw just for my sister, my sister’s fiance, me and my SO. She made her famous gumbo, and we were all getting ready to eat. So I go to the kitchen, and fix by bowl, extra crab legs, and get ready to sit down. So she says, "Is that his plate?" frowning up at it and I'm like "Uh...No..." She gets all mad, "You better fix him a plate. The men should always eat first." She made me clean off the rim of the bowl because there was some gumbo juice out of place, and then she made me serve it to him. She made by sister do the same for her fiance. We learned a valuable lesson that day...I guess:lachen::lachen:

I am still fascinated by this making plate thing. In my family, the women, children, or guests served themselves first; and all our food was on the dining table. We only "made plates" for very small children or the elderly.

I honestly think that I might have an issue doing this...

Yes.

I make his plate when I cook and he makes my plate when he cooks.

We both do this as a nice gesture towards the other.

And I'm definetly not into the woman cooks and has to jump up and make his plate for him at family functions all the time. Shoot, he can make my plate too.

No. Because he's a grown man and can get up and fix his own plate. He knows it, and he does it.

On those rare times I do cook, I tell him, "go for what ya know". And he gets off his rusty dusty and gets his plate and whatever he wants to drink with his meal. When we eat together, I will put out the foods buffet style so we can each make our own plates.

Even when I was younger, I never found making a plate for a guy "cute". So I never did it. Fletgee does not do "cute"...never has.

I ain't Suzie Domestica. I ain't his maid. And I ain't his momma.

I feel if he wants to have a plate made up for him he should go to a restaurant. Period.

Loving your whole post!:grin:

Back