Votes: 91 82.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Other, I will explain below

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bint Yusef

On another forum I read(mixed gender) this topic has come up about 3 times and it always turns into an all out war. The demographics are mostly 20 somethings. I want to see what ladies here think.

Do you make a plate of food for your DH/SO on the regular?

Do you do it because you feel as a woman its your duty?

Do you do it simply because its a nice gesture?

Man, it would be good to be able to make a man's plate that I loved. But, yes I would if it was my husband. I am a girly/girl and very traditional so I kind of feel like it would be my duty especially since I want to work part time from home.:yep:

Yes I do it usually due to the fact that he's usually buying the food...it's the least I can do.

Don't get it twisted though, if I'm tired or just dont feel like it, he returns the favor.

Yes.

I make his plate when I cook and he makes my plate when he cooks.

We both do this as a nice gesture towards the other.

I do it sometimes as a nice gesture. He makes mine sometimes, too. I don't necessarily feel it's my duty, since I'm usually the one who cooked dinner.

On another forum I read(mixed gender) this topic has come up about 3 times and it always turns into an all out war. The demographics are mostly 20 somethings. I want to see what ladies here think.

I do and it's because I love him and that is how I like to treat my man and he likes to be pampered the old fashioned way PLUS my plating always looks so appetizing. He just throws things on the plate.

I fix the main meals (that means cooking and serving) and he chooses (with feedback from me) and pours the wine for dinner.

I sure hope people don't get worked up about this; it is such a unimportant thing...:yep:

Do you make a plate of food for your DH/SO on the regular? I'm divorced. But when I was married I fixed my ex-husband's plate. I know for sure I'm going to fix Boo's plate. :yep:

Do you do it because you feel as a woman its your duty? No, I don't feel it's my duty as a woman, but I plan to do it because that's what I wanna do for my future DH. I just don't see what the big deal is. If he wants to fix my plate he can, that's just the type of relationship we're going to have.:yep:

I'm going to fix Boo's plate because he's going to be my future DH, and he's going to love me and I'm going to love him.:love3:

I'm semi-traditional, meaning I am traditional if I feel like it or the wind moves me. Depends on the moment and how cutesy I'm feeling at the time.
I have no problem doing it tho.
We usually switch off anyway.

I do the plate making as well if I cook.

If he cooks he makes my plate.

If we are somewhere out like a BBQ at someone's home I will make his plate.

I fix my husband's plate most of the time. I do feel that it is my duty as his wife, but also because I love him and I want to do it for him. He does fix my plate as well, especially if he is the one who cooked that evening, or if I'm sick or tired.

Growing up, whenever we had guests at our house for dinner my Mom would make a big production out of saying that she didn't fix anyone's plate.(including my Dad's) I guess that was her way of saying to get up and get it yourself. The whole thing was rather embarrassing.:ohwell:

I'm not married but I wouldn't mind fixing my husband's plate.

I do and it's because I love him and that is how I like to treat my man and he likes to be pampered the old fashioned way PLUS my plating always looks so appetizing. He just throws things on the plate.

I fix the main meals (that means cooking and serving) and he chooses (with feedback from me) and pours the wine for dinner.

I sure hope people don't get worked up about this; it is such a unimportant thing...:yep:

Don't worry, we may be the only ones who are like this, but hey-whateva!

For me, I like to cater and pamper. It's just who I am as a woman but def. a man should not take this forgranted or advantage. If he is doing right by me, then I am going to do what I need to do as the woman.:yep:

When me and my ex were together I did it most of the time. I was the one in the kitchen cooking and was making my plate, only made sense to make his as well.

Sometimes when I cook I will make DH's plate. He will often return the favor.

I think it's a nice, thoughtful thing to do. I have never really given it too much thought, but I don't feel obligated in any way.

Do you make a plate of food for your DH/SO on the regular? Yes, if I cook and make my own plate, I make his plate too.

Do you do it because you feel as a woman its your duty? No. I do it cause i'm already doing it for myself.

Do you do it simply because its a nice gesture? Sure.

I only do it at home. Sometimes, I'll even put it on a TV tray with a drink and bring it to him on the couch...but that's when I'm in a REALLY good mood.

But never at another person's house or bar-b-que or reception, etc, etc. He won't eat without making sure that I eat so in those type of situations we make our plate together so he can see what i'm getting. Especially if it's someone's food we've never had before. :lachen:

I do the plate making as well if I cook.

If he cooks he makes my plate.

If we are somewhere out like a BBQ at someone's home I will make his plate.

Exact same way with me and my SO.:yep:

I cook 98% of the time so I am doing most of the plate making:lachen:

Yall making me hungry

I don't even cook on a regular basis...when I cook, I will usually fix his plate.

No

I would love to say I do it to be nice, but most of the time I am just being practical. I cooked the food now I am putting it on a plate for him and me to eat. Not much thought goes into it.

I went to his aunts house and he was sick in the room and his aunts and his mother got on me for not making him a plate...I was thinking...if he wanted to eat he would have gotten his own plate. It isn't even about feminism or anything he is a grown man if he wanted something to eat he will fix something to eat. If he wanted me to fix him a plate he would have asked...SMDH

I don't get why it is anybody's business if we are happy than that should be all that matters.

I fix my SO's plate most of the time since I do most of the cooking.

If we are out somewhere, I'll fix his plate also. I don't do it out of duty, it's just something I do out of habit.

If I'm mad at him, he makes his own plate. :ohwell:

Yes.

I also usually fix visitors and kids plates when I'm cooking.

I like to do it because I think it's polite. I also don't like anyone slopping in the pans or getting stuff everywhere.

Growing up, whenever we had guests at our house for dinner my Mom would make a big production out of saying that she didn't fix anyone's plate.(including my Dad's) I guess that was her way of saying to get up and get it yourself. The whole thing was rather embarrassing.:ohwell:

I'm not married but I wouldn't mind fixing my husband's plate.

One of my husband's aunts used to do that at family functions....you are right, it is embarrassing. She would tell me, I should not make my hubby's plate....I was not a waitress :rolleyes: I thought she was crazy. I make my hubby's plate because I can make his, mine and the kids in the time it would take him just to fix his :rofl: Plus, I'm neater. Now, if I am sick or he cooks he will make mine. If we are at family functions, most of the time I will fix his, or if I am fixing the kids he will fix his own and mine. We do whatever works for situation.

Do you make a plate of food for your DH/SO on the regular? yes

Do you do it because you feel as a woman its your duty? no

Do you do it simply because its a nice gesture? He enjoys me doing that simple thing for him and I enjoy doing it along with put his juice in the freezer before I start to cook. So that it's really cold.

I don't get why it is anybody's business if we are happy than that should be all that matters.
I agree, people should run their relationships how they see fit. I know in more traditional places its seen as if your mother didnt train you well. I mean I do it out of habit I admit. My mom always made my dad's plate, and that is what I grew up seeing. If we are at something for family and I didnt make my DH's plate, I am sure folks would start whispering.

I make his plate. It's just better to go ahead and get it out of the way since I'm already in the kitchen making my plate. Another reason is that he always makes a mess when he makes his own plate, so I would rather do it and just clean up behind myself. he tends to look a little lost when it comes to the kitchen area. Every now and then I make him do it himself just so he doesn't get too comfortable/lazy.

Whoever cooks does the plate making.

When we get carryout or have food delivered (at least once a week), I set the table and put the food out so we can go at it buffet style.

When at a person's house, I'll make the plates if they're my people and he'll do it if they're his. Neither of us likes to be all up in stangers' pots.

Yes, I make my kids and SO plates. I do it because he is at work all day and I'm home. I don't ask him to do much once he comes home. I do it as a nice gesture. When I come home from work on the weekend he makes my plate.

Back