Crackers Crumbs: Tales Of A Successful Matchmaker. They's Married Now!

Since his mama ain't dumb the way she got him to postpone the wedding was that he was going to be paying for everything and that it would be cheaper and easier to book a venue for 2019 than 2018. But I know what she was doing. A courthouse or Vegas wedding won't require the same money so problem solved.
tenor.gif

I've been following this thread since it started and all I have to say is WON'T HE DO IT!!! Somebody must have put that child in the prayer circle. #pleaseaddme :look:
tenor.gif

They back together ya'll!

I been channeling my inner Iyanla to work on this silly girl nonstop. The breaking point was that all those crabs in the barrel she lives in started telling her that she thought she was better than them and said without saying they were glad her way (Lil Dude) out was gone. I took that **** and ran with it. Her and lil dude had been texting on and off so she sent him a Let's Talk message. They talked, she let him know that she would keep her mama in check but sometimes might need his help to do it. And he was like "Ok :love:"

They were over last night for Rosh Hashanah dinner and were all boo'd up so I'm hoping this sticks.

I've talked to her about moving out of her mothers house and she's considering it.

How’d I miss this thread! Good for trying to set up your niece!

I remember how sad I was when my old colleague and his black gf from college broke up, dude was on the come up fast. He passed his CFA exams and now works at a boutique hedge fund making BANK.. and his current gf is Indian :sad:

she messing up in life...

I'm invested though

I want/need it to be for your guy. We can stil turn that into a win...

I know... I said we... I said what I said...
Girl, it's WE all the way, I ain't even called blood relatives. I got the text and came right to this thread. Hell, ya'll know she pregnant before her daddy do.

Even tho I'm over here blowing gaskets, I sent her a calm message that said, "Ok, it's not the end of the world. Call me so we can talk through our next move. Auntee loves you."

Girl, it's WE all the way, I ain't even called blood relatives. I got the text and came right to this thread. Hell, ya'll know she pregnant before her daddy do.

Even tho I'm over here blowing gaskets, I sent her a calm message that said, "Ok, it's not the end of the world. Call me so we can talk through our next move. Auntee loves you."
As long as that baby is his, the courthouse is still open for business on 2/14.

She gone make me go find a church and pray.

As long as that baby is his, the courthouse is still open for business on 2/14.
She gone make me go find a church and pray.
Back in October, I bought them a valentines day package vacation in Vegas and told her to take the opportunity to seal the deal while they were there. So we will see.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All I wanted to do was to open a door to a good life with a good man to a black girl (yes she's grown but she's still a girl to me) and the **** just went kablooey. Me matchmaking was supposed to be doing my part to add black love to the world and the universe is like "NOPE. Crackers, that would be too much like right. Lookit you making plans. How about I throw some monkey wrenches, hammers and kitchen sinks in your plans?"

I'm not giving up hope yet. Lil Dude seems like a stand up dude so while I'm not a fan of forcing his hand, maybe this will be the push to get the desired end result. In my experience keep a **** babies are always a terrible idea and I really hope this wasn't done on purpose but then I go back to what her mother was saying.

His mother's not going to like this development.
Depending on the identity of the (hitherto unknown) father, she might be overjoyed. :darkcloud:

@Crackers Phinn, I re-read your op and let me just say, the outcome of this attempt doesn't reflect your match making/ advice giving ability. You were trynna plant seeds in concrete. She was not at all prepared to receive good advice. :nono:

Oh no I don’t think she should lie.
I think they should be discreet. As in keeping people out of their business.
He knew he was shooting the club up :look: she’s not in this solo.
I’ll be married 9 years in July and DD will be 8 in June. Honeymoon babies are always possible, just let people assume what they want :look:

Our niece isn’t lying, she’s being artfully silent.

Nooooooooooo! That is not the update I was expecting when I saw the thread bumped.

I swear, I don't understand us. Tangent: there's a show on tvone called Fatal Attraction, basically ID with black folks. Without fail, some young woman is in school or moving up the career ladder, meets a dude, then bam, she's pregnant. Like...what is wrong with us? And I say us because either it's us or someone in our family. I have a few in mine. Is it self-sabotage? Fear of success?

Anyway, on topic...all is not lost, but I know you're frustrated!

Nooooooooooo! That is not the update I was expecting when I saw the thread bumped.

I swear, I don't understand us. Tangent: there's a show on tvone called Fatal Attraction, basically ID with black folks. Without fail, some young woman is in school or moving up the career ladder, meets a dude, then bam, she's pregnant. Like...what is wrong with us? And I say us because either it's us or someone in our family. I have a few in mine. Is it self-sabotage? Fear of success?

It is both of the reasons you stated.

The problem is mainly letting a boyfriend hit it raw and depending on poor bc methods like pulling out. A lot of people think committed relationship = raw sex.

I think that this could work in her favor IF she doesn’t get in her own way, sounds like dude loves her, is upstanding and is from a decent, functional family plus he already proposed. What she needs to NOT do let people or her hormones get in her head and fall for the, oh he’s only marrying me because of the baby, not cause he loves me nonsense..

And she doesn’t need the IG wedding, that is money WASTED, my brother spent $70K his and I still think he was stupid af for it.

Back