Crackers Crumbs: Tales Of A Successful Matchmaker. They's Married Now!

They back together ya'll!

I been channeling my inner Iyanla to work on this silly girl nonstop. The breaking point was that all those crabs in the barrel she lives in started telling her that she thought she was better than them and said without saying they were glad her way (Lil Dude) out was gone. I took that **** and ran with it. Her and lil dude had been texting on and off so she sent him a Let's Talk message. They talked, she let him know that she would keep her mama in check but sometimes might need his help to do it. And he was like "Ok :love:"

They were over last night for Rosh Hashanah dinner and were all boo'd up so I'm hoping this sticks.

I've talked to her about moving out of her mothers house and she's considering it.

yD0Pc41PbMnn2.gif

I been channeling my inner Iyanla to work on this silly girl nonstop. The breaking point was that all those crabs in the barrel she lives in started telling her that she thought she was better than them and said without saying they were glad her way (Lil Dude) out was gone. I took that **** and ran with it. Her and lil dude had been texting on and off so she sent him a Let's Talk message. They talked, she let him know that she would keep her mama in check but sometimes might need his help to do it. And he was like "Ok :love:"

They were over last night for Rosh Hashanah dinner and were all boo'd up so I'm hoping this sticks.

I've talked to her about moving out of her mothers house and she's considering it.
YESSSSSSSSSSS !! Now let's keep them in our LHCF prayer circle!

Yes!

Should they move in together? That's not my normal first thought but they are engaged and it might be easier than finding a place she can afford, finding roommates etc. He can be strong factor in keeping her family away too. They need to move a little distance away, prevent drop-ins from her family members. :look:

:look: She is but sadly I’m team uplift Cracker’s niece.
Me too!

Yeah I know right about now his mother gotta be on some straight

But, who are we to stand in the way of young people in love? :look:

I know better than to try to be a third wheel in their relationship but I will offer counsel where I can and also try to be an example of what a wife in a calm, peaceful, functional marriage looks like.

Why don't she stay with him again? He needs her out of that house STAT.
Yes!

Should they move in together? That's not my normal first thought but they are engaged and it might be easier than finding a place she can afford, finding roommates etc. He can be strong factor in keeping her family away too. They need to move a little distance away, prevent drop-ins from her family members. :look:

Me too!
My ish would have been in a U-haul on the way to his spot minutes after he bent the knee.

That was my doing. I told her not to move in with him until a wedding date was set because cohabitating has a tendency to push weddings off for years. I've told her to talk to him about it as part of the keeping her mama out of their pockets plan.

I told her not to mention them being back together to any of her family until she either moves out or in case things don't work out. She said she would keep it to herself.

Well done, Crackers.

I wouldn't even announce I was moving. They would find out afterward.

I love this update. So,how do we get her out from under those crabs? She needs space from the negativity and life coaching.

Let me add her to my prayer list. Homegirl is now covered by the blood of Black Jesus and her and her children are going to be well taken care of in Jesus' name.

Last edited:
Can we finesse a Valentine’s Day Court house wedding? :look:
Her family obviously can’t pay for a wedding and we need her married ASAP.
Excellent idea! I will very subtly put that bug in his ear the next time they come over. You know that I'm partial to Vegas weddings and since she has never been on a plane let alone out of the state it would be a huge event for her.

Excellent idea! I will very subtly put that bug in his ear the next time they come over. You know that I'm partial to Vegas weddings and since she has never been on a plane let alone out of the state it would be a huge event for her.

I love that. Quickie wedding to secure the bag and then they can throw a nice reception for family and friends. And by family, I mean his family and you. :lol:

This way we have a nice five month timeline of move in, get married and that keeps both mother in laws spinning their wheels.

That was my doing. I told her not to move in with him until a wedding date was set because cohabitating has a tendency to push weddings off for years. I've told her to talk to him about it as part of the keeping her mama out of their pockets plan.

I told her not to mention them being back together to any of her family until she either moves out or in case things don't work out. She said she would keep it to herself.
I assumed that they had a date set (a year or so from now). Or they were close to having a specific date.

I tend to agree with that sentiment in most situations but we have a special situation here.

But either way, it will be good for her to move away from the immediate family.

Then they can move in once that date is set lol.

Tell them to do the courthouse run now and have a nice reception or anniversary party later.

Aren't you glad that your perseverance is paying off? :bighug:

Forgot to mention:
Stress that she is never to discuss details of their finances with her family. If they get wind of what he actually does and his earning potential...I can't even imagine.

She shouldn't floss material goods around them either. Keep it modest when she sees them.

I know Auntie Crackers will school her about working the finances to her advantage.

ETA: Next up she'll have some bank accounts (with bank!) and own some property if all goes as planned. :cheers:

I assumed that they had a date set (a year or so from now). Or they were close to having a specific date.

I tend to agree with that sentiment in most situations but we have a special situation here.

But either way, it will be good for her to move away from the immediate family.

Then they can move in once that date is set lol.

Tell them to do the courthouse run now and have a nice reception or anniversary party later.

Aren't you glad that your perseverance is paying off? :bighug:

Since his mama ain't dumb the way she got him to postpone the wedding was that he was going to be paying for everything and that it would be cheaper and easier to book a venue for 2019 than 2018. But I know what she was doing. A courthouse or Vegas wedding won't require the same money so problem solved.

Since his mama ain't dumb the way she got him to postpone the wedding was that he was going to be paying for everything and that it would be cheaper and easier to book a venue for 2019 than 2018. But I know what she was doing. A courthouse or Vegas wedding won't require the same money so problem solved.
Oh shoot, I thought they were planning a 2018 wedding. Nah we can't wait 'til 2019. We gotta get them married well before 2019.

It's alright, we'll out-slick his mother with you.

I kinda want her to elope (w/o telling Mama 'n' them), but that might not be worth crazy drama from her family.

Future MIL will never think the girl's family is worth the trouble but if the niece is willing to put them on a leash and show some initiative in her own life then it may be enough to keep mom pacified. She probably won't ever be happy about the union but if these concerns are addressed then it takes away her ammunition. I doubt she's so bold as to tell him that the girl isn't good enough for him even if she's thinking it. Once a baby enters the picture then she'll know there's no turning back.

Back