Can You Be A Mistress?

My-ex gf is in a greencard marriage. She's been married for like 5 or 6. She's gay! :lol:

Lmao Barb, I'm talking about a more traditional marriage or should I say it was so for my marriage. :lachen:

You would be disappointed. I was the one who urged the divorce. He asked me why I was rushing. I was like it's been 3 years!

Got it @leona2025
The reasons for which the divorce process has neither started nor has been completed would be key then?

I think the reasons are important and you have to be able to read between the lines. I honestly feel the ex was using our marriage as an excuse not to marry/commit to the woman he was with:lachen:.

Plus for me you could definitely tell there were some lingering feelings for the ex so I just preferred to not even mention it.

I dated someone for a few months who I thought was divorced . They both lived in separate states and had a child together. Then I had a dream about him not being divorced legally. I asked to see his papers just to calm my fears but he always gave me excuse after excuse several times. Such as his mother is holding his papers or he has it in another state.. Finally I left him because I felt that it was morally wrong among other reasons and he would not show me the papers . After the fact, he told me they never filed because they had both moved on with their lives and too lazy and broke to file .

That's all I needed to confirm why I needed to end it.

There are married mistresses on this board.

Some man's wife still some other person's mistress. I think of one or two that are another married person's mistress.

guess they have nothing to say, huh......

The only truth is what can be proved. Everything else is hearsay.

Divorce is actively disloyal. Unless you are getting your arse beat, your spouse makes an unthinkable decision that endangers your life or that of your children---there is no excuse for divorce. Divorce is also being a quitter. You should be able to handle whatever challenges life throws your way.

Jesus loves winners.

It's called AIDS.
Bring me home an STD and see what happens.

There is always the small but still real possibility that you get mixed up with "Fatal Attraction" type who will kill your wife and kids so you can have a clean slate with them.

When it actually happens, a lot of people find themselves putting up with, and even accepting an extramarital affair. They try to work past it, and move on to the next level of the relationship. Holding a side heaux for half the length of your marriage is another story.

It's called AIDS.
Bring me home an STD and see what happens.

There is always the small but still real possibility that you get mixed up with "Fatal Attraction" type who will kill your wife and kids so you can have a clean slate with them.

Here's how I see it, everything happens for a reason

Since folks brought god into this thread. God makes no mistakes. That means your spouse cheated on you a reason. If he gave you AIDS, you were blessed with AIDS ifor a reason..

Now when you find out he infected you with HIV or an STD. chile go on and file for that divorce....

I dated someone for a few months who I thought was divorced . They both lived in separate states and had a child together. Then I had a dream about him not being divorced legally. I asked to see his papers just to calm my fears but he always gave me excuse after excuse several times. Such as his mother is holding his papers or he has it in another state.. Finally I left him because I felt that it was morally wrong among other reasons and he would not show me the papers . After the fact, he told me they never filed because they had both moved on with their lives and too lazy and broke to file .

That's all I needed to confirm why I needed to end it.

Girl, you gave yourself a headache. You can do a background check on anyone and find their divorce decree for less than $50.

Brenda-Meeks-Scared-Popcorn-Gif-In-Scary-Movie.gif

:cycle:

I don't think its completely wrong to be a mistress. I do think that cheating is wrong and the person cheating should be held accountable though.

I don't like that the slut label is automatically thrown onto a women who is a mistress yet the man who has cheated doesn't reap as many repercussions.

If its a bit of fun for the mistress then no problem but the man should 100% be held accountable and the women shouldn't feel guilty for wanting it. It is useful to know that women who constantly go for married/unavailable men do it because of (sometimes) personal self esteem issues. There's an interesting article on psychologytoday.

Since folks brought god into this thread. God makes no mistakes. That means your spouse cheated on you a reason. If he gave you AIDS, you were blessed with AIDS ifor a reason..

Now when you find out he infected you with HIV or an STD. chile go on and file for that divorce....

I CAN'T lmaoo

Nah I don't see it that way.
There'd be more than a divorce coming down the pike. :grin:

I don't think its completely wrong to be a mistress. I do think that cheating is wrong and the person cheating should be held accountable though. I don't like that the slut label is automatically thrown onto a women who is a mistress yet the man who has cheated doesn't reap as many repercussions. If its a bit of fun for the mistress then no problem but the man should 100% be held accountable and the women shouldn't feel guilty for wanting it. It is useful to know that women who constantly go for married/unavailable men do it because of (sometimes) personal self esteem issues. There's an interesting article on psychologytoday.

I just hope the mistress feels the same when she is in a relationship and she is the one cheated on. In my experience women who cheat with married men/men who have GF are the first ones ready to dog out the other woman when it's their turn to deal with a cheating man.

I just hope the mistress feels the same when she is in a relationship and she is the one cheated on. In my experience women who cheat with married men/men who have GF are the first ones ready to dog out the other woman when it's their turn to deal with a cheating man.

Nope. I posted upthread that I'm going to beat her arse and be his arse. We'll go to therapy together or he can be a single dad.

Well if she is being cheated on then she should blame the man. Who she in love with? the mistress?

That's their choice if they wanna do that I'm just saying that the mistress at that time shouldn't be made to feel guilty while the man get's to continue with his life. Just double standards and one of the side-effects of women hating on eachother imo.

Well if she is being cheated on then she should blame the man. Who she in love with? the mistress? That's their choice if they wanna do that I'm just saying that the mistress at that time shouldn't be made to feel guilty while the man get's to continue with his life. Just double standards and one of the side-effects of women hating on eachother imo.

The man shouldn't be let off the hook at all, but neither should she. Unless she didn't know he was married. This whole if she wants a little fun is abhorrent to me. They are both skanky in my book.

The man shouldn't be let off the hook at all, but neither should she. Unless she didn't know he was married. This whole if she wants a little fun is abhorrent to me. They are both skanky in my book.

Honestly it doesn't matter if a woman knew or not.

People need to learn wisdom or be more discerning about the people they allow into their life. Intentional or not, the actions and behavior remain the same. Everyone should be held accountable accordingly.

i have flexible views on cheating.

i would have little moral distress if i willingly slept with a married man. i know a guy who is engaged, and we are always inappropriately flirting. i would probably hook up with him if the opportunity arose. his relationship is not my problem.

when i was looking for a way out of my last relationship, i was considering cheating with a guy who was also in a relationship. he really got off on the idea of degrading his girlfriend that way (what a winner). he wanted a full blown passionate, sneaky affair. in the end, i decided i didn't want to be with him, so i didnt do that, but if i had found the right guy, i probably would have.

ive never been a mistress or a woman on the side, though. dated a guy in college off and on for somewhere upwards of five or six years. some of the time when we were together i think he was dating someone else. but our relationship was too casual for me to care about that. sometimes when he had a girlfriend he'd disappear, so i don't think he was always a cheater.

as a lifestyle choice though, no, i have no interest in being a mistress. that is not fulfilling for me. why even bother with a half relationship? that sounds even more unfulfilling than being wholly single. the only way i would ever be on the side is if we were both married (unhappily, i guess) and even then i would probably be using that as something to cheer me up to get through the rough patch in my marriage :lol:

a single side chick though, nah, im not bout that life.

Well if she is being cheated on then she should blame the man. Who she in love with? the mistress? That's their choice if they wanna do that I'm just saying that the mistress at that time shouldn't be made to feel guilty while the man get's to continue with his life. Just double standards and one of the side-effects of women hating on eachother imo.

She should feel guilty but so should the man. The man is held to a higher standard to me because he broke his word. The woman lacks empathy and I don't trust people who are incapable of empathizing with others. To me the are capable of anything so long as it get them where they want to be in life.

I hope no young impressionable (or old and lost) poster takes this thread seriously.

There is nothing for anyone to be concerned about that is, unless some women are scared a mistress will steal their man. Then in that case, it's in a woman's best interest to be super mad at him----but then again he's gone, so she'd just have to file for divorce.: look:

Eta: but I will say that people should be careful what they wish for. The Duchess of Windsor is a good example. She stole Prince Edward from his wife. After they were exiled he ptlretty much became a needy broken man that smothwresy her to death. Pretty sure he was like that before but now she got what the wife.was getting.

Last edited:
There is nothing for anyone to be concerned about that is, unless some women are scared a mistress will steal their man. Then in that case, it's in a woman's best interest to be super mad at him----but then again he's gone, so she'd just have to file for divorce.: look;

You never know. Some mistresses "win" others end up being dragged out of their homes and beat on their front porch. It all depends if you think the risk is worth the reward. Truthfully women in general need to stop settling for grown boys.

Back