40+, Unmarried And You Want A Baby?

Every mom has a bad day and feels irritated with her kids for whatever reason. Pay their annoyance and opportunity to blow off heatless steam no mind. :lol:
know with children hint at if they had to do it over, they wouldn't have children. I can think of at least 4 like this.
Do they actually REGRET? But yet, they'll be the first to talk about family trips and good grades etc. They be confusing me.

I dont understand his mindset. Planning to bring a life into the world within the next two years is cool, but the prospect of getting engaged within that time is rushing things. I'm not even a marriage nazi, but when the reasoning makes no sense it sets off my BS-ometer.
And who would want to be tied to that the rest of their lives because of some kid? Makes no sense.

I don't regret my children- but I do regret not having them with the person I will be married to. I wanted a family- not broken home mess. And although I love my occasional breaks, I miss my son when he is with the other side of his family.

I am 8 years from 40 and have two kids, so I didn't respond. However, if this were my situation- I would quickly figure out what I wanted and ask my SO is he ready or should we end things so I can move forward. Time isn't on your side. If you have a child at 45, you will be 65 when they are 20.

I think another consideration, especially if you are thinking about freezing your eggs, is how much energy and time you'll have to devote to a 15 year old when you're 60. Or if you'll even want a teenager when you're 60+.

People are living longer and are healthier nowadays, but there are future considerations to think about. How will an only child deal with two elderly parents at the age of 25? We can't see into the future, but we can think about these things before anything is out into motion.

I'm just thinking about the time and effort my parents put into caring for their parents over the last 10 years. Because of their age difference they were at a point in their careers that they could make those sacrifices and take time off for doctors appointments and surgeries, etc.

People at 25 - 35 are at the beginning/middle of their careers (assuming some graduate school) and sick parents AND possibly children of their own is a lot.

Did IUI work the first time? BFF has friends who tried IVF and IUI and mentioned that the doctor for one of her friends cautioned the couple that the first attempt usually did not work. She was right. It did take the second time though and they have a baby.
It took two. And the test was negative like 4 times the second time around. I missed my period before it was positive.

Last edited:
Back