**2015 Relationships & Dating Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: Last night he pledged half of his bonus check towards a wedding if I want one which I thought was magnanimous but probably pie in the sky on his part, especially since he has no interest in a wedding. This evening when we talked, he told me he gets his check in 3 weeks and he's sure I can't wait to go on a wedding shopping spree once it gets here. I guess I'll stop doubting him on this. :spinning:

Did he propose yet?

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

^^^ Not yet. He says it will happen "sooner than I think". Right now the plan is to go to counseling first because I'm a commitment-phobe (never thought I'd be that person) and I want all the potential red flags on the table and addressed before the pressure of engagement, especially since we haven't known each other long at all. SO would get married at the courthouse tomorrow if I'd let him though.

I'm engaged!!! (joking)

But ladies look at these rings. Not sure if they are engagement rings, maybe more like cocktail rings but I wouldn't mind one of these babies. The first one is $500 something, and the second diamond one is $704. They were both too bing for me. You really don't need googabs of money to propose.

Attachments

• image-3143064056.jpg
    image-3143064056.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
:lachen:

Does it ever get you in trouble with the men tho? I mean the 'meaner' i am the more clingy thry become .

See being like that this one, like most the others, has decided he dont really want to let go.... not going out easily.

Yes....dealing with the same issue now. I'll elaborate a little later. Right now I'm pissed because I turned my alarm clock off instead of snoozing it...lol!

^^^ Not yet. He says it will happen "sooner than I think". Right now the plan is to go to counseling first because I'm a commitment-phobe (never thought I'd be that person) and I want all the potential red flags on the table and addressed before the pressure of engagement, especially since we haven't known each other long at all. SO would get married at the courthouse tomorrow if I'd let him though.

I wouldn't call reserved feelings on marriage to someone you haven't known for long commitment phobia. It's probably being sensible and discerning. Pre engagement counselling sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:
i just called my mom to tell her happy birthday and she told me my bf told her early this morning. i didn't even have to remind him.

It tickles me to see a man smile so hard and face light up just from seeing me. I just have to get the courage to talk to him. He so tall and chocolate:lick::roll eyes:

"You are my queen. I can't imagine my life with anyone but you. I find every opportunity to talk about how wonderful you are. I just love that about us."

Texts like this never get old to me. ..I love itttttt!

He is at Sundance and went to Erykah Badus party last night.

He is always at events I would appreciate way more than him lol. Is it wrong to be a little jealous?

We recently hit a bumpy patch. It was quite upsetting for both of us and we were having 'heated discussions' over the phone and via text. I didn't want to see him.

This Saturday he came to pick me up to take me out. I wasn't in the mood but he came good.

I opened my front door and he gave me a long kiss.
He handed me a Chanel shopping bag. Inside was my fav perfume.
On the way to the restaurant he had booked we talked. He admitted he can be childish and sweeps things under the carpet. Being with me is very different to what he is used to and he realises he needs to communicate better.
We then went to a bar for drinks and dancing and he made me breakfast.

I also noticed that he was being way more attentive and paying attention to detail the whole weekend.

That was our first upset and we both hated it. The positive thing is that it has made us closer. We both realise we want each other in our lives for good.

We spent the weekend together and all he did was spoil me. I think our little break brought us closer somehow.

I was very surprised when he mentioned how he told his parents a random story about me. He was like "yeah of course I tell my parents about you". Shocking. I don't want to meet them though this soon. That's the mistake I made with my last SO :nono:.

He asked what I wanted for Valentines Day but I'm going to take this one day at a time. Things go wrong when I don't.

I think I may give up on relationships period, and just have a slew of boytoys who buy me stuff. I'm just so sick of all the bullsh!t

I think I may give up on relationships period, and just have a slew of boytoys who buy me stuff. I'm just so sick of all the bullsh!t

My feeling lately has been "*** ninjas, get money". :look: I just wanna save, get my spot and take a vacation like every 6 months or so.

I'm not opposed to dating if the opportunity comes, but right now, I just wanna enjoy life, especially as stressful as 2014 was.

Fighting the urge to ask or define what we are. We act and move like we are in a relationship though.....

I just know me. I will call myself single until I am told otherwise.....

Fighting the urge to ask or define what we are. We act and move like we are in a relationship though..... I just know me. I will call myself single until I am told otherwise.....

shasha8685

Will you really behave like you are single? As in open to dating other men? Will you accept going on dates, perhaps consistently with another person. Will you make the time? Will you hide it from him?

Most people who are already into one person can't easily do that. If this is you, I'd either bring up the convo, pull back or make myself available to others.

Don't waste time in the "what are we" zone.
Some people benefit from that ambiguity and may purposely create it. Protect your heart or don't invest more if you start questioning your role in each others life.

Some advice found on this board are good instructions on how to avoid dating mistakes especially if we are intimate. I hope one day I learn these lessons well. *Gulp*
Btw, this has nothing to do with him, he may be great, but everything to do with protecting you and only you until the day he confirms your assumptions

A little over 3 months. It will be 4 months Feb. 19th

3.5 months is long enough for you and him to have had the conversation. Most men that are really into you will say their exact intention towards a relationship with YOU just a week or two in. The ambiguous "I want a relationship " statement is not the same as "baby I want a relationship with YOU".

If you feel you gotta bring it up now, stop making him a priority and date others. He will get hip real quick and either lock it down or bail or keep you in this grey area.

Also he could be really insecure or a poor communicator but I've never known a man who really wants a woman to leave her in this nebulous aream

Enjoyed being snowed in and helped random people shovel. Cleaned and cooked through out the day too.
Great snow day! One more day together mañana. Woop woop!

It's ironic how I didn't trust my ex when he went just one state over and now my SO is thousands of miles away for 2 months and I have not one worry or doubt about his faithfulness to me. THANK GOD for Discernment! My ex was in fact cheating on me when I was randomly worrying about him so yes I trust myself enough to trust SO. Ahhh growth and maturity does wonders on relationships.

^^ I would love to do a couples massage! I want candles, the robes, champagne, & fruit! :lol: Its just hard trying to find a place that isnt too expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back