**2015 Relationships & Dating Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ I would love to do a couples massage! I want candles, the robes, champagne, & fruit! :lol: Its just hard trying to find a place that isnt too expensive!

Look on Groupon and plan to do it before or after valentine's day to reduce cost

I think this rough patch may be the end of us. Funny how your perspective changes with age and maturity. In my younger days, I would've been filled with despair. Now I understand that if it's meant to be, it will be. If he's not the one, God's moving him out of the way for the person specifically designed for me. After the year that I've been through, this is small stuff. #onwardandupward

I think this rough patch may be the end of us. Funny how your perspective changes with age and maturity. In my younger days, I would've been filled with despair. Now I understand that if it's meant to be, it will be. If he's not the one, God's moving him out of the way for the person specifically designed for me. After the year that I've been through, this is small stuff. #onwardandupward

Needed to read this. That's an awesome attitude to have

Valentines day plans or gifts, anyone?

It's a special occasion, so I like to be ambitious and cook. The menu may consist of vegan enchiladas and molè. Dessert: vegan whoopie pies.

We will see if it happens though... Lots of steps involved and I'm having Valentines Day high tea with one of my best friends that afternoon. I might make the molè a day or two ahead of time.

I have a date tomorrow! He's a cutie and we have great conversations so far so I'm hoping it is successful. Have another date (different man) setup for next Saturday! :)

I bought something to wear for valentines day even though I have no idea what we are doing. I honestly haven't had a good valentines day in over 5 years so I'm trying not to get my hopes up to get let down.

we have so many upcoming things we're planning with friends. camping, colorado, music fests, burning man, thailand and the list goes on and on.

but they are all single petroleum engineers making stacks on stacks and he is, well, not.:ohwell:

idk why i care because im not paying but he doesn't have the disposable income they do. some times i wish we met when he was in grad school so i could have talked him out of chemistry and into engineering.:lol:

Valentines day plans or gifts, anyone?

SO's birthday is on Valentines Day so he is taking me to lunch the day before and has booked us an overnight stay at a Spa on the 21st Feb.
We'll be treating V Day as his birthday so I'll be cooking him a meal, I bought him a personalised cake and a couple of gifts.

After a year of not speaking (prompted by him, not me), the ex recently attempted contact with me via Skype ( I just saw the missed call message today).

I knew this was coming but I don't know how to handle it. While I have forgiven him for leaving me during a time where I needed him the most and have accepted the fact that things are ultimately better off this way, part of me is screaming"what do you possibly have to talk to me about!?!"

Why talk to me now that I'm in a better place in my life without you?:perplexed

He got mad at me because I said his friend as shaped liked a baked potato. She is though... I need to work on my filter.

Even with this long distance for the past month he still manages to give me butterflies. I adore this man! Please let this last month go by fast. One thing is for sure...absence definitely does make the heart grow fonder.

Exhausted from moving into our new apartment. He was so helpful organizing the kitchen. Spices are in alphabetical order just the way he likes them! He does the cooking so he can have it the way he wants. The rest is all mine! :lol:

I'm excited for this chapter in my life.

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

I posted a pic of "us" on social media. It's the first time I posted us as a couple and I only did it because I was twisted :/

Now my friends and family are all on fb commenting and liking and I just want to delete it but it will look shady lol

I'm done with drinking.

I ain't happy.

Every morning SO sends me a text and I always reply within an hr of him sending it.

This morning I left my phone at home. I was fully expecting at least 1 missed call from him or a follow up text to ask if I was ok.

Nope....nadda, nothing.

I text him to say I left my phone at home and he replies asking me how my day was.

I just got off the phone with him. I explained that I was hurt because he didn't even make a follow up call to see if I was ok...between 8am-5.30pm I could have been in a ditch. He laughed at me saying I was being over the top and that I'm obviously fine.

I flew into one about him talking a good talk about how he cares but his actions speak louder than words. This dude even tells me he was texting his mates during the day about football and that he was thinking nice thoughts about me..., really? But you didn't think to even wonder why I hadn't even logged onto whatsapp the whole day which is very out of the ordinary for me?

Yeah rant over..., and no, its not my time of the month!!

ETA This man has now remembered how to text me and is writing 'sorry, sorry' and love hearts and sh*t.

Last edited:
I'm tired of these questions: 1) when are you/why haven't you moved in together yet? 2) when are you getting married? 3) are you sick of people asking when you're getting married?? We've been together for over 1.5 years. It will be 2 in April. The questions are stressful (especially when people ask me about where he's from and about moving to his hometown) and it makes me want to drill him about a timeline. We discussed it yesterday, actually. I know he wants to marry me. I'm not in a rush only because I just started a new job that I like and I have my own self improvement to work on. I'm not ready to move. But I want our lives to progress together and I don't want to be that girl who's with a man for 5 years and no ring. It might not happen until 2016. Also, planning a wedding stresses me out. I picture myself yelling at my mom. And weddings are expensive. I know that I want beautiful pictures of the day and the important people in my life that I share it with but tackling a guest list and finding a venue and buying a dress I'll only wear once for a ridiculous amount of money doesn't sound appealing to me right now. I had a dream last night that we got married and we were relieved and happy.

I ain't happy. Every morning SO sends me a text and I always reply within an hr of him sending it. This morning I left my phone at home. I was fully expecting at least 1 missed call from him or a follow up text to ask if I was ok. Nope....nadda, nothing. I text him to say I left my phone at home and he replies asking me how my day was. I just got off the phone with him. I explained that I was hurt because he didn't even make a follow up call to see if I was ok...between 8am-5.30pm I could have been in a ditch. He laughed at me saying I was being over the top and that I'm obviously fine. I flew into one about him talking a good talk about how he cares but his actions speak louder than words. This dude even tells me he was texting his mates during the day about football and that he was thinking nice thoughts about me..., really? But you didn't think to even wonder why I hadn't even logged onto whatsapp the whole day which is very out of the ordinary for me? Yeah rant over..., and no, its not my time of the month!! ETA This man has now remembered how to text me and is writing 'sorry, sorry' and love hearts and sh*t.
Chill out. I'm being honest here....you sound crazy and needy. Going off on him bc he didn't text you all day? That's silly. If you say actions speak louder than words....a text is just words.

I'm tired of these questions: 1) when are you/why haven't you moved in together yet? 2) when are you getting married? 3) are you sick of people asking when you're getting married?? We've been together for over 1.5 years. It will be 2 in April. The questions are stressful (especially when people ask me about where he's from and about moving to his hometown) and it makes me want to drill him about a timeline. We discussed it yesterday, actually. I know he wants to marry me. I'm not in a rush only because I just started a new job that I like and I have my own self improvement to work on. I'm not ready to move. But I want our lives to progress together and I don't want to be that girl who's with a man for 5 years and no ring. It might not happen until 2016. Also, planning a wedding stresses me out. I picture myself yelling at my mom. And weddings are expensive. I know that I want beautiful pictures of the day and the important people in my life that I share it with but tackling a guest list and finding a venue and buying a dress I'll only wear once for a ridiculous amount of money doesn't sound appealing to me right now. I had a dream last night that we got married and we were relieved and happy.

If you have the wedding in Portland, I can help! :giggle:

People will ask those questions after you've been together awhile. As long as you and SO are on the same page, take it with a grain of salt and keep moving. What you want makes sense and it's all good of it feels right for you. :yep:

i would feel the exact same way :look:

you havent heard from me all dayyyyyyyyyyyy

and you didnt call or text..what the heck is if i was dead? kidnapped...

if your not concerned about me than we have a problem...

I ain't happy.

Every morning SO sends me a text and I always reply within an hr of him sending it.

This morning I left my phone at home. I was fully expecting at least 1 missed call from him or a follow up text to ask if I was ok.

Nope....nadda, nothing.

I text him to say I left my phone at home and he replies asking me how my day was.

I just got off the phone with him. I explained that I was hurt because he didn't even make a follow up call to see if I was ok...between 8am-5.30pm I could have been in a ditch. He laughed at me saying I was being over the top and that I'm obviously fine.

I flew into one about him talking a good talk about how he cares but his actions speak louder than words. This dude even tells me he was texting his mates during the day about football and that he was thinking nice thoughts about me..., really? But you didn't think to even wonder why I hadn't even logged onto whatsapp the whole day which is very out of the ordinary for me?

Yeah rant over..., and no, its not my time of the month!!

ETA This man has now remembered how to text me and is writing 'sorry, sorry' and love hearts and sh*t.

Chill out. I'm being honest here....you sound crazy and needy. Going off on him bc he didn't text you all day? That's silly. If you say actions speak louder than words....a text is just words.

If they talk every day any other time and he conveniently skips a day? Then tells her he talked to his friends? Nah. She's not crazy.

If they talk every day any other time and he conveniently skips a day? Then tells her he talked to his friends? Nah. She's not crazy.

Is she the one who texts first? Maybe he just thought she was busy? Who knows.

I guess I just would go off on a guy simply bc he didn't text me for 8 hours. Maybe I'm too laid back. I don't expect FH to text me every morning. He usually does but I don't worry if he doesn't. *shrug*

Is she the one who texts first? Maybe he just thought she was busy? Who knows. I guess I just would go off on a guy simply bc he didn't text me for 8 hours. Maybe I'm too laid back. I don't expect FH to text me every morning. He usually does but I don't worry if he doesn't. *shrug*

ETA: I also think back to Christmas when she got upset that he sent her a Christmas card and wrote with either green or red pen. He was being festive!

Also, no one can tell you what should or shouldn't bother you. However, I would tell him it bothered me without going off on him. Matter of fact, depending on if you play your cards right and lay on the guilt well, you might get some returns out of the whole situation :lol:

ETA: him not texting today does not equate an absence of concern.

I think that's a little odd. My boyfriend would be beside himself if I didnt respond to a text for 8 hours. he would call/text some more. I'm assuming yall talk to your man several times a day, like most folks in relationships do.

I wouldn't have gone off but I would wonder wtf.

My bf is annoying though, he won't let me ignore him even when I'm trying :ohwell:

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies ladies.
Just to clarify...I certainly don't expect him to text me every morning, it's something he has done almost from the get go.

Yes we communicate several times a day, every day.

Oh yes, the green ink in the xmas card.....i guess these two incidents now suggest Im a little crazy huh...lol.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said I went off on him....the conversation escalated but i was very calm, infact he thought i was joking for a while until i convinced him i was serious about why he didn't even consider that anything was wrong. I was very disappointed inside but calm in how i came across. He replies/justifications wound me up more and more. My not replying was completely out of character AND he always tells me he worries about me because of the currently high security alert re terrorism (relates to my job).

You see, this man is lovely but he has flashes of thoughtlessness and he really doesn't seem to get it until you break it down and then he sees your point of veiw and apologies.
Its a kink or flaw that I can live with because otherwise everything else is perfect but it doesn't mean Im not allowed to be hurt by it.....and yes, at the same time i do agree that it's a little off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back