2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

I'm finally with him. I've been so busy working everything is a blur. It feels good to see him when I get off of work versus on FaceTime :).

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm finally with him. I've been so busy working everything is a blur. It feels good to see him when I get off of work versus on FaceTime :). Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

So, so happy for you!!

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

Pffft. I was right. He's a birthday blues kinda guy :nono:. Apparently, he's never been much of a celebrator.

Well F..K HIM and his maudlin ways!!!! I called and sang horrendously out of tune in his vm first thing this morning. And next I see him, he's gonna get DINNER, a fancy artisan CAKE. And ice cream! With a damn CANDLE. And gonna get him drunk and take total advantage!! Hell, he might even get a little PRESENT! Imagine that. Muahaha!!!

bday blues my black arse...hmph

Last edited:
Pffft. I was right. He's a birthday blues kinda guy :nono:. Apparently, he's never been much of a celebrator.

Well F..K HIM and his maudlin ways!!!! I called and sang horrendously out of tune in his vm first thing this morning. And next I see him, he's gonna get DINNER, a fancy artisan CAKE. And ice cream! With a damn CANDLE. And gonna get him drunk and take total advantage!! Hell, he might even get a little PRESENT! Imagine that. Muahaha!!!

bday blues my black arse...hmph

Lol. Im a birthday blues kind of person. But when someone (ie a significant other) does something like that I secretly, (very secretly) like it, lol.

Lol. Im a birthday blues kind of person. But when someone (ie a significant other) does something like that I secretly, (very secretly) like it, lol.

Lol I bet you do. People like you get on my nerves. My last bf was like that, had to twist his arm to celebrate his own life. But I know he loved the attention :lol:

We talk about not wanting men with kids and worse if there are multiple BMs but I never hear men saying the same thing. On the contrary, I've met several men who wouldn't mind one bit dating a woman with kids. Hmmmm...if this is true, I wonder why it is so?

We talk about not wanting men with kids and worse if there are multiple BMs but I never hear men saying the same thing. On the contrary, I've met several men who wouldn't mind one bit dating a woman with kids. Hmmmm...if this is true, I wonder why it is so?

My guesses and from what I have been told when this topic comes up:

Drama: "Baby mothers" more likely to cause trouble for new relationships than the "Baby fathers"

Money: All their money is tied up in child support.

Now, MY reason for not dating a man with multiple BMs: You created life with multiple women you had no desire to marry, why the heck would I date you...

Coming out of lurkdom for advice. I'm meeting my boyfriend's mom tomorrow. We're going out for breakfast. This is a first for me. I'm slightly nervous. Should I bring something (flowers, candy, Idk). Please help!

futureapl Are you meeting her at the restaurant or at the house before going out?

Well from men, and me having a young child, I find some men enjoy playing Captain Save Em. Swoop in, help a helpless woman and child out. I made a couple benefactors this way. In the past :look:

Never had a man turn me away for having a child. They seem to get especially on it when they realize she is a girl and still young and needs things :rolleyes:

Other platonic men friends have told me that mothers tend to be less wild, have more family oriented goals, etc. they don't consider the baby daddy, only to inquire and maybe fret the momma may still be sleeping with him.

got back from our trip right before thanksgiving. us on yacht in bahamas. miss it already :)
and the pic is tiny on purpose :lol:

pic had 50 views & 3 thanks lmao yeh had to remove. :lol:

Last edited:
Coming out of lurkdom for advice. I'm meeting my boyfriend's mom tomorrow. We're going out for breakfast. This is a first for me. I'm slightly nervous. Should I bring something (flowers, candy, Idk). Please help!

Bring flowers. Elegant flower like lily or tulip that hadn't bloomed yet. These usually takes 10 days to two weeks to bloom. As it blooms in her house, hopefully she looks at it, smiles and remembers what a thoughtful lovely "girl" you are.

So my birthday weekend getaway has turned into a somewhat disaster. I really wanted to go to Puerto Rico, but my cousin set her wedding date for the same weekend. So we decided to turn that day into a nice weekend getaway. What I didn't expect is for a close family friend - who's just like family to pass away. So I'll be going to a wedding and funeral on the same day :sad:

My SO was a little bummed about it but bc I'll be leaving him alone for a few hours to attend the funeral but we're just going to have to make the best of it. A real vacation will hopefully come next year.

Crisis over!

Still, I hate depending on people when I go out. When I'm ready to leave the club, I'm reaaaally ready to leave the club lol

Last edited:
Had another pregnancy dream last night. The baby was due on our anniversary in May. I've lost count of how many baby dreams I've had. Even SO mentioned having one once. :perplexed: every time i have an odd craving I get worried!! Ahh!

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

Spent time with the mister today. I think we are starting to act like an old couple. We were talking today and our anniversary came up. He was like oh I didn't forget!!!! I know. Somebody told us we are starting to look alike.....that tickled me. Wow almost a whole year. Who would have though!

If he's a heat machine, get a comforter and snuggle up at night! Focus on the benefits of the of cold :)

Yes! A benefit of the relationship...he has equity in his home and guess who's going to borrow from that equity for home improvements???! Meee! He'll take it out in his name, I'll be a co-signer and repay the loan. I'm glad he's willing cuz I sure as heck wouldn't do it LOL

Last edited:
He was trying to swerve up on me n dd this week end. Naw son. it's cute he's trying to move things along but there's some things I gotta put the brakes on.

But then again, it HAS been 7 months. Not like we just met yesterday.

That thought got me reflecting. Besides his vacay snafu, he's been in constant daily contact many times a day since day 1, sometimes to my annoyance. Lol. And recently, he's started calling me asking advice on how to resolve random stuff with varying degrees of severity in his life, from kids to work issues...

I guess that means he's trying to let me in. Has been for a while.

My turn, I guess. :rolleyes:

We talked marriage and babies tonight. Im sure it won't be for a while as our relationship is still fairly new, but I love that that's where his minds at.

What do you do when you get a gift you're throughly unimpressed with and the man asks to see you in it? No really. :look: plus the gift symbolizes commitment yet we're not committed so the mixed signals are not cool and I don't appreciate them. It's a choker necklace by the way. :nono: I'm not wearing a your choker boy. Get your life. That's like some Rihanna and Chris Brown type mess. I don't even feel like explaining to him why I'm disappointed, I have finals to study for.

SO is not a gift/holiday person. He asked me today to send him some suggestions on what I want. We've been together for about a year and a half and I have no idea what to tell him without sounding greedy. He's the type that needs a list of exactly what to get otherwise he will get frustrated and upset. Help!

Back