Just Broke Up With My Boyfriend And Feeling Guilty I Guess

See I've never felt like there was anyone else. It was a very distinct feeling of something being...off? I was never suspicious or wondering about that but more like "what the heck is wrong with you man?!" I guess that feeling makes sense now. He was slowly spiraling into a mental breakdown let his mother tell it and I completely ignored the signs and only worried about myself and my feelings. Yes this is what she texted me. I'm not engaging her because I've already spoken to his dad who is more reasonable. He understands my position and he says he won't bug me but will keep me updated with my ex's status.

How dare she? Please don't respond to her.. she's looking to place blame because her baby....

Proud of you for moving forward with a clear head. I think you did the right thing. You tried to talk to communicate, but unfortunately that requires two mature parties. Not faulting him for his issues, because I know it's not easy to see clearly while in the struggle, but that doesn't change the consequences of what was done during that time. Your conclusion that this behavior will repeat is right on. It's gonna be awhile before he fully gets to where he needs to be. You have your whole life ahead of you. Plus, it sounds like his has an intrusive family, I bet that's one of his issues, and it'll become yours too if you go back. I hope you enjoy your date.

Last edited:
He text yesterday to ask about one of my X-mas presents he got me. :lol: I didn't answer but was looking at my phone like you in the hospital or nah o_O:rolleyes: I've been texting my potential and having fun flirting with him. He's weird though. Never knew how weird he was. Lol

He thinks being in the hospital re-hooked you -- nope! Going on a date this Friday with a new man. Bye :wave:.

Date with the new man was fine. He's just weird and I'm not feeling it. He can tell. He's not pressuring me and I enjoy his company and like him as a friend. Not as a romantic interest. We're good. I'm feeling so free that I'm not really interested in dating at the moment if I'm honest. I enjoy just hanging out in my pajama pants at home, not putting away my shoes and I haven't shaved/waxed in what feels like ages but I don't give a damn :look:

The ex is texting about nonsense every way he can. And every time he finds a new way I have to figure out the block feature. Lol Text message, his email to text to my number, whatsapp, new made up email accounts and it goes on and on. I couldn't get him to be this attentive while we were together. :drunk: He actually did remind me about something I was supposed to do about one of my stocks but I still didn't answer.

Like I said I don't feel like dating anyway and probably won't for a long time. Not closing myself off but I'm tired. And I want to hold on to this good, comfortable feeling for a while.

See I've never felt like there was anyone else. It was a very distinct feeling of something being...off? I was never suspicious or wondering about that but more like "what the heck is wrong with you man?!" I guess that feeling makes sense now. He was slowly spiraling into a mental breakdown let his mother tell it and I completely ignored the signs and only worried about myself and my feelings. Yes this is what she texted me. I'm not engaging her because I've already spoken to his dad who is more reasonable. He understands my position and he says he won't bug me but will keep me updated with my ex's status.

So YOU completely ignored the signs??? Did SHE, his mother, ignore them too?!! Seems to me that she is transferring her guilt. Don't take that on board!

And not to be mean but a lot of times manipulative/ abusive/ narcissistic/ emotionally unavailable people suddenly become sick when people become fed up with them and leave. Not saying that's the case with him but the timing is curious.

Not saying he wasn't upset about the things you mentioned or was seeing a therapist, but interesting you started this thread last Tuesday and now he has been hospitalized ... less than week after you dumped him.

Enjoy 2017 without him and his antics.

No.lies.told...my mom has claimed to have every kind of cancer under the sun...once my dad tries to leave her. She won't let anyone go to her Dr. Appointments with her though. Lol. He stays falling for it, and after all that, she still says that she hasn't had anyone be there for her since her grandmother passed when she was a teenager. Lol. Stuff like this does not phase me at all. Selfish people will play games with your time and emotions, and not feel any kind of guilt at all. I'd immediately question this claim of illness. I'm jaded though.

Date with the new man was fine. He's just weird and I'm not feeling it. He can tell. He's not pressuring me and I enjoy his company and like him as a friend. Not as a romantic interest. We're good. I'm feeling so free that I'm not really interested in dating at the moment if I'm honest. I enjoy just hanging out in my pajama pants at home, not putting away my shoes and I haven't shaved/waxed in what feels like ages but I don't give a damn :look:

The ex is texting about nonsense every way he can. And every time he finds a new way I have to figure out the block feature. Lol Text message, his email to text to my number, whatsapp, new made up email accounts and it goes on and on. I couldn't get him to be this attentive while we were together. :drunk: He actually did remind me about something I was supposed to do about one of my stocks but I still didn't answer.

Like I said I don't feel like dating anyway and probably won't for a long time. Not closing myself off but I'm tired. And I want to hold on to this good, comfortable feeling for a while.

So this feeling didn't last long. :lol: I'm not desperate for a date or anything but I forgot how much fun dating can be. It doesn't change that it gets annoying, and tiring too.

Back