2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

I think things are getting better.. I've been more fun lately, and less "needy". He seems to be responding and we're getting our spark back slowly but hopefully surely. Just going to take time and effort.

I saw a really good looking man walking by and thought DAMN and realized that DAMN is mine! My sweetheart surprised me at work! :D :D :D :D :D He's not super affectionate verbally but he lets me know that he loves me by doing the little AND big things.

I saw a really good looking man walking by and thought DAMN and realized that DAMN is mine! My sweetheart surprised me at work! :D :D :D :D :D He's not super affectionate verbally but he lets me know that he loves me by doing the little AND big things.

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

Thats cute. Contrary to what many have probably inferred of me here from my participation in BM/OOW threads :lachen: (idc either way really for the record :look:) but things similar to this mindset are what I expect in my relationship and marriage. Its not even about being traditional; in some instances practicality is the best explanation. My grandma just said less than an hour ago she doesnt understand entertaining men that wont even pay your bills :lol::lol:

"you pay the bills, I cook the meals. that's love."

*BOOM*

Heard that for the first time today, loved it. :lol:

That haggard white woman thread has me thinking. If I dont find a decent black man to marry and build a family and life with I dont want to do it at all. Not to step on any toes but I want to marry a brown man and have brown babies :ohwell:

*luckily I live in a heavily industrial city. I can literally go to the gas station right now and bump into a black engineer :look:

Last edited:
That haggard white woman thread has me thinking. If I dont find a decent black man to marry and build a family and life with I dont want to do it at all. Not to step on any toes but I want to marry a brown man and have brown babies :ohwell:

*luckily I live in a heavily industrial city. I can literally go to the gas station right now and bump into a black engineer :look:

Lucky you. Majority of ones I bump into at the gas station here have their hands out and asking to squeegee your windows for a dollar:ohwell:

Lucky you. Majority of ones I bump into at the gas station here have their hands out and asking to squeegee your windows for a dollar:ohwell:

:lachen::lachen: I ran into someone asking for money today. I usually give a dollar or two but they caught me on a day with no change. They caught an attitude and sucked their teeth. :look: Bums are getting bold :blush:

i love that our talks are productive, at least on his end. when he says he will try to change something, he actually does! he'll slip up a couple of times but after that it's a non-issue. me on the other hand? ive been "working" on my anger for over a year now with zero progress.:drunk:

im such a terrible partner.

I feel you, I also want brown babies with a brown man.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yesterday I texted him from work "in over my head. Where do I start with this?" And it was his (former) area of expertise so he sent me like 12 texts, instructions, back. He's sooo useful. :love: lol

I went to remote start Camryn this morning and she did not start. I called my dude and I told him what happened and the phone went dead. I called back. And he said he was getting his shoes on.

I need a new battery, no biggie, but the way he just responded so quickly made me feel so loved. :D

i love that our talks are productive, at least on his end. when he says he will try to change something, he actually does! he'll slip up a couple of times but after that it's a non-issue. me on the other hand? ive been "working" on my anger for over a year now with zero progress.:drunk:

im such a terrible partner.

Oasis, don't say that again about yourself or I will e-kick your booty. :look: Let me tell you something, anger is a hard habit to kick. I know! But be patient with yourself. Love yourself. And you will do better! :yep:

Have you read any books? Gone to workshops? Found a system on how to calm down when you get angry? Talk to me girl! :lol:

Lucie, i haven't done anything but claim im working on it.:lol: it's been creating less problems lately but it is still a HUGE issue for me. y'all would kick me out of the thread if you knew the things i get angry over and how angry i get.:nono: that loss of control is so embarrassing.

do you know of any good books?

Lucie, i haven't done anything but claim im working on it.:lol: it's been creating less problems lately but it is still a HUGE issue for me. y'all would kick me out of the thread if you knew the things i get angry over and how angry i get.:nono: that loss of control is so embarrassing.

do you know of any good books?

Do you feel you get angry for no reason, or is it that you get angry over legitimate concerns (big or small) but can only communicate it with anger?

Why is it when men feel even a LITTLE under the weather, their world implodes?! :babyg:

Every time a man wanna act like feeling a little fuzzy headed is reason to call in a HAZMAT team, I wanna bop him over his head... try cramps and PMS, try labor and birth, try all that with a kid on your hip already, try being a woman for a day!!!!!! :fishslap:

Now that's what goes on in my head. Outwardly, I'm all sugar syrup and offering tea and chicken soup :giveheart:

i have a really bad jealousy problem. he has never really given me a reason to feel jealous or insecure, but he is a naturally friendly talkative person. i'm trying to work on it.......

Do you feel you get angry for no reason, or is it that you get angry over legitimate concerns (big or small) but can only communicate it with anger?

Sumra, personally i feel like my reasons are legitimate. sometimes small but still legit. he would argue its for no reason. and yeah, unfortunately, anger is how i communicate.

Last edited:
Sumra, personally i feel like my reasons are legitimate. sometimes small but still legit. he would argue its for no reason. and yeah, unfortunately, anger is how i communicate.

Sounds like your points are getting lost because of your delivery which is common. Its funny, it seems most of my friends say their men say the same thing xD My SO always used to complain about me not being logical in arguments.

I'm now wondering if you communicate with anger because you are scared of being vulnerable/appearing weak because of the underlying feelings?

I agree with Lucie in the regard that anger and/or defensiveness habits are hard ones to crack. Often it's not about whether you know of other options and know where you're anger comes from. It's whether you are wiling to put yourself out there without the anger protection mechanism. To be more vulnerable. If you are you can practice by trying to sit down and tell him your feelings and why something bothered you without getting angry. Tell him how things are for you rather than telling him about himself :lol:. See what happens. If you are an emotional person I recommend writing things down to get the anger out, then working through your points and delivery before approaching it.

Sounds like your points are getting lost because of your delivery which is common. Its funny, it seems most of my friends say their men say the same thing xD My SO always used to complain about me not being logical in arguments.

I'm now wondering if you communicate with anger because you are scared of being vulnerable/appearing weak because of the underlying feelings?

I agree with Lucie in the regard that anger and/or defensiveness habits are hard ones to crack. Often it's not about whether you know of other options and know where you're anger comes from. It's whether you are wiling to put yourself out there without the anger protection mechanism. To be more vulnerable. If you are you can practice by trying to sit down and tell him your feelings and why something bothered you without getting angry. Tell him how things are for you rather than telling him about himself :lol:. See what happens. If you are an emotional person I recommend writing things down to get the anger out, then working through your points and delivery before approaching it.

mind = blown. this is me to a T.:yep: when we do have our talks its because he initiated or because i blew the **** up and couldnt hold it in any longer. he's definitely seen me at my worst but purposely being open and vulnerable without being ****faced is very difficult for me.:lol:

Ohhhh nooooo. Prayers for you all.

She needs to see a therapist and talk her issues out.

Thank you. Our relationship is still fairly new so I'm trying to figure out where my place is in this.
But I deff did suggest he keep their daughter until she can talk to someone and is stable.
I guess she's headed to a mental facility for a while.

MissMariee, my prayers are with her and all who are involved. This time of year becomes difficult for many. I hope she gets the love and support that she needs. And I hope you can properly deal with it and get the love and support you need as well. We are here for you. xo

MissMariee, my prayers are with her and all who are involved. This time of year becomes difficult for many. I hope she gets the love and support that she needs. And I hope you can properly deal with it and get the love and support you need as well. We are here for you. xo

Thank you! It truly is appreciated. I was worried of judgement posting here, but I just needed to vent. He seems to be dealing with it appropriately and right now we're just taking it day by day.

Welp he made it official... text me our flight plans and said "pack your bags, we're going where the weather suits your clothes"

Back