2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

It's been a weird week for us. Packed an overnight bag. On my way to GIVE and get some TLC from my best friend...my love.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Lol....lol...u gonna make me bust a stitch. There is a timeline in place......:reddancer:

:lol: We don't want that!!

But seriously, I don't post in here a lot since I have nothing to contribute, but I read it just as much as I read the single ladies thread. I am so, so happy for you (and all the other ladies who have found love). He seems like a great guy and I'm looking forward to gaining an e-brother-in-law. :yep:

:lol: We don't want that!!

But seriously, I don't post in here a lot since I have nothing to contribute, but I read it just as much as I read the single ladies thread. I am so, so happy for you (and all the other ladies who have found love). He seems like a great guy and I'm looking forward to gaining an e-brother-in-law. :yep:

Awwww sis. That means the world to me!!!!!!

Ok.....something is rotten in Denmark. ...
I will let yall know for sure but this has my spidey senses going
All week my momma has been telling me I HAVE to go to dinner with her today.
I'm like lady you crazy....I can barely sit up....but she kept pressing the issue.
So yesterday boo comes over and asks had I taked to my mom...I'm like yeah she keeps wanting me to go to dinner...he's all like well...you should go...get out of the house I'm all like wth...like really talking about mending things with my mom going on and on
So today she calls and I don't answer....I'm not in the mood to go anywhere. I took a walk yesterday and paid for it last night.
So not five minutes after she calls...Mr. texts....have you heard from your mom...I'm like huh?
So I called my mom and she was like you HAVE to go to dinner. So I say yes.
Then Mr. Is all like ok good you might enjoy yourself. ....0_____O
And then I just asked what he's doing today. He says he has to be to work at five....the exact same time that my mom told me dinner was. (Mr. Always goes to work at three so where did five come from)
Lord Jesus if they planning something.....omg. I'm all raggedy and broke down!!!!!!!!
My fortieth birthday was the day before my surgery...so..omg I'm nervous.
Sorry this was so long......

Is this your proposal?!? :blush::blush:

Ok.....something is rotten in Denmark. ...
I will let yall know for sure but this has my spidey senses going
All week my momma has been telling me I HAVE to go to dinner with her today.
I'm like lady you crazy....I can barely sit up....but she kept pressing the issue.
So yesterday boo comes over and asks had I taked to my mom...I'm like yeah she keeps wanting me to go to dinner...he's all like well...you should go...get out of the house I'm all like wth...like really talking about mending things with my mom going on and on
So today she calls and I don't answer....I'm not in the mood to go anywhere. I took a walk yesterday and paid for it last night.
So not five minutes after she calls...Mr. texts....have you heard from your mom...I'm like huh?
So I called my mom and she was like you HAVE to go to dinner. So I say yes.
Then Mr. Is all like ok good you might enjoy yourself. ....0_____O
And then I just asked what he's doing today. He says he has to be to work at five....the exact same time that my mom told me dinner was. (Mr. Always goes to work at three so where did five come from)
Lord Jesus if they planning something.....omg. I'm all raggedy and broke down!!!!!!!!
My fortieth birthday was the day before my surgery...so..omg I'm nervous.
Sorry this was so long......

Is this your proposal?!? :blush::blush:

Girlllll.......I thought about that......I would have DIED......it wasn't, but ALL my family was there....all my friends from church. ...boo couldn't make it tonight is his regular night to work and he couldn't get off. But he's been in contact with me tonight apologizing. Plus I found out it was supposed to be last week but when I scheduled my surgery I messed all that up.

Been keeping up with your relationship since the beginning. What a wonderful couple you all are. Reading about your relationship has made me realize that true love is a gift from God.

I am just so happy for you and wish you any your future DH many years of blessings together.:yep:

Mmmkay, gonna go snuggle up to my DH who is the greatest hubby in the whole wide world.:drunk: :spinning::yay::violin::kissing4::clapping::kiss2::love:

Last edited:
Happy to hear about the surprise Curls!!! So sweet.

I demanded more and now he's thinking if he can be the man I need him to be. The scariest feeling...that I might lose the best relationship I ever had. Now, I'm doubting my decision, doubting if I was making a big deal out of nothing.
That would be settling - second guessing my decision.

I need to stay strong, release it...let it come back to me IF it's for me.

Been keeping up with your relationship since the beginning. What a wonderful couple you all are. Reading about your relationship has made me realize that true love is a gift from God.

I am just so happy for you and wish you any your future DH many years of blessings together.:yep:

Mmmkay, gonna go snuggle up to my DH who is the greatest hubby in the whole wide world.:drunk: :spinning::yay::violin::kissing4::clapping::kiss2::love:

If this is for me sis....thank you so much. Lord....future DH.....gaspandswoon!!!!!

Last edited:
Football season mannn. I guess I'll be watching more of it. Lol at him attempting to explain.

I wasn't even gonna get a tv or cable for my new place cause I never watch it. But now he's like I'm giving you a TV and paying for cable because it's just that serious lol.
I really appreciate how generous he is. It's quite a contrast from my last relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I went to bed last night very late. My baby and I started reading the first few pages of The five love languages. We were just talking about the book, past relationships, what our love languages are, etc... I didn't realize this book was geared towards married couples but I think it's a great read for any relationship.

I woke up thinking I am going to pay for this today at work but then twin sent me a text saying thank you for listening to me and that he loved me. He wants us to have more talks like that. I am glad I got that book for us.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I went to bed last night very late. My baby and I started reading the first few pages of The five love languages. We were just talking about the book, past relationships, what our love languages are, etc... I didn't realize this book was geared towards married couples but I think it's a great read for any relationship.

I woke up thinking I am going to pay for this today at work but then twin sent me a text saying thank you for listening to me and that he loved me. He wants us to have more talks like that. I am glad I got that book for us.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

my cousin recommended this book to us. going to get it.

Today is my late day. Work, then class until 9 tonight. He packed my lunch and dinner last night, so that I wouldn't have to rush to find something to eat today. He knows I'm notorious for leaving my lunch at home, even after it's been packed. So he sent me a text around 6 this morning before I even woke up to remind me to remember my lunch/dinner. Thanks to that text, I remembered. It's the little things...

Just stating some observations here. Recently (within the past year at different times) two different young men expressed interest in dating me but they both had different viewpoints I just thought I would share. The young black man when expressing his desires for a wife said he would never be okay with a stay at home wife, he isnt taking care of a lazy adult, and she needs to pay her half of everything. :look: The puerto rican young man said I was everything he looked for. He was waiting for someone to marry, spoil, and have stay at home to take care of myself and our children. That was extremely touching to me honestly.

Now, I know all the older ladies here advocate for making sure the husband can cover all, if not most, of the expenses but I just know that I like to work and will probably always have my own money but I didnt like how the black boy was so okay with calling a hypothetical wife lazy :perplexed: Just thought this was interesting to meet two different people with the same intentions and such drastic approaches. Feel free to tell me any thoughts you girls have on this.

He asked me to cuddle him this morning before i left. :look: he is 6'4" over 200 some odd lbs...really dude? lol. I happily obliged.

Today he said the words, I love you. Then he said, don't be scurred. LOL. How did he know I was a runner? I can't put a time on people's feelings because they feel how they feel but that was fast.

SuchaLady,

Even if you do plan to work and contribute to your marriage, the different mindset/attitude from each man, will give you a very different married lifepath.

I go by the general Animal Kingdom pattern when it comes to mating.......

The males are the ones to prove to the females why she should invest her time and energy in procreating and helping carry their genes forward.

Now I know we Humans like to think we are so different, and twist things up, but really we aren't.

So unless you're going to outsource alot of domestic duties (with or without kids), most working women end up doing and contributing more than half unless there is really a major income disparity with the man earning higher.

I don't find #1's attitude very cherishing and protective at all. Guys like this are always keeping score and trying to make sure they aren't being taking advantage of.

#2's attitude is the type you would want any man you marry to have. The only cavaet being that you not wanting to be a long-term SAHW/M would not be an issue for him.

I'm not the type to believe/hope a man's mindset/attitude will change, especially when it comes to their view of women & marriage. The man has to already have a mindset that compliments what I want out of rlsps/marriage already.

Back