2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

Ohhhh no wonder we're in the same place khadicurls--it's still really early in our relationships. Been with mine 3 months and I'm still ambivalent--I flip flop between wanting it to deepen and not. If he really wants me, he'll wait for me to make up my mind. Being older, I don't just jump all in. Never have, actually. The ones that really wanted me waited. My ex waited a year for me to fall in love with him and that lasted 20 years *shrug*.

Aint nothing wrong with taking it slow :yep:

DarkJoy I believe you and I are in the same age group. He said he'll be patient but I don't know. I'll see how things progess. I'm definitely ambivalent. Every morning this week I've been thinking about ending things because I have to focus on school. But he's a good guy so far. So I hope he'll wait for me but if not at least I'll remember the good times.

My oldest and sister under me are coming in for the weekend. With their flavors of the month :look: lol. Big sis suggests she cook a sunday dinner. My place is very small so SO offers his place. Yaaay this should be fun! I have never brought a man home or introduce a man to my family besides ds father. I am the milder versions of my sisters. I told so "i am apologizng now for anything that may be said or done while they are here" lol

My oldest and sister under me are coming in for the weekend. With their flavors of the month :look: lol. Big sis suggests she cook a sunday dinner. My place is very small so SO offers his place. Yaaay this should be fun! I have never brought a man home or introduce a man to my family besides ds father. I am the milder versions of my sisters. I told so "i am apologizng now for anything that may be said or done while they are here" lol

Sounds interesting!!! I can't wait to hear what happens!

I woke up today just in a really foul mood. Was silently praying and for some reason I feel the need to check my phone. On it was a message from him that said "I'm so in love with you!" Put the biggest smile on my face.

Saw him yesterday. He took me out early for my bday since he will be out of the country on vacay.

I realize I need to see him more. I feel soooooooooooooo good around him and all of my doubts occur when we're apart. It's easy for the imagination and anxieties to take over. Luckily, my busy season at work is over and once he is back from vacay, we can see each other more often. Can't wait!

He lives ten minutes away now :look:

His moving in day was a rocky period that tested our relationship :look: I have been asking him for weeks if he wants me to help him get started with organizing stuff for the move and he's seemed extremely chill about it. I didn't worry about it but I knew there would be a lot of cleaning to do before settling in to the new place, so when he said he was going to pick up cleaning supplies I thought "cool" and met him there. Chiiiiiiiiiiiile. Why when I get over there, this dude got the dishes and silverware all up in these livedin arse cabinets!?!?!?!? :angry: :whip: He's got damn furniture polish and glass cleaner and mess, asking if I cam dust off pictures and what not. I'm like " sweetie.....WHERE'S THE BLEACH :mad:?" And he's looking at me like I'm crazy because I want to pull all the dishes back out to disinfect the cabinets. We were both staring at each other crazy.

Anyway, to make a long story short, we're friends again :lol: I just really can't believe he had put his dishes all up in that strange pantry all cute like that like he was doing something. Tomorrow we're going shopping for stuff for my bathroom!

He lives ten minutes away now :look:

His moving in day was a rocky period that tested our relationship :look: I have been asking him for weeks if he wants me to help him get started with organizing stuff for the move and he's seemed extremely chill about it. I didn't worry about it but I knew there would be a lot of cleaning to do before settling in to the new place, so when he said he was going to pick up cleaning supplies I thought "cool" and met him there. Chiiiiiiiiiiiile. Why when I get over there, this dude got the dishes and silverware all up in these livedin arse cabinets!?!?!?!? :angry: :whip: He's got damn furniture polish and glass cleaner and mess, asking if I cam dust off pictures and what not. I'm like " sweetie.....WHERE'S THE BLEACH :mad:?" And he's looking at me like I'm crazy because I want to pull all the dishes back out to disinfect the cabinets. We were both staring at each other crazy.

Anyway, to make a long story short, we're friends again :lol: I just really can't believe he had put his dishes all up in that strange pantry all cute like that like he was doing something. Tomorrow we're going shopping for stuff for my bathroom!

Yeah men....soo.....about that ponytail! Dang. Looooove it

I've finally accepted that I don't do gray area well. I need clear cut definitions, responsibilities and expectations. I just can't be with a man who spends almost all of his free time with me, talk everyday, I know his schedule , etc. but he still has time to go out on a date with someone else. I know we're not exclusive but I'm definitely not seeing anyone else. I've opened up to him and let my wall down, and I feel betrayed. Time for me to fall back and start exploring other options.

Hey guys. Let me tiptoe into this thread...after being single so long it feels so weird thinking of myself being in a relationship but I am freaking out today:spinning:

I am sure my guy told me he loved me last night and I didnt respond or acknowledge it. I dont know if I should ask him about it or just leave it alone, we have only be exclusive since july and I dont want to bring it up if he really didnt say it:perplexed

That moment when he is looking at you and says "you're very pretty...and you have a great body."
Being smart, ambitious, caring etc is all good be dammit, sometimes I just want to be HAWT!

Winning! Lolol

Is 4 months in too soon to know you want to marry someone? I feel like everything about our relationship is going at warp speed and it feels RIGHT. It's scary but exciting to feel so sure about someone.

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

Last edited:
Is 4 months in too soon to know you want to marry someone? I feel like everything about our relationship is going at warp speed and it feels RIGHT. It's scary but exciting to feel so sure about someone.

I don't think it takes long to figure out if you love someone or want to marry someone. But I also think its important to really get to know each other and have a foundation.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks Fine 4s, with all that gorgeous hair on your head!

He's sweet. Sometimes I realize how precious he is. I don't mean to patronize him but "precious" is the word. Lol. I was over there last night and after he ate a cake out of a disposable container, he washed it out with soap for like 90 seconds before throwing it away. He said "I'm trying to live like less of a bachelor so you feel comfortable here. You got me washing my trash out!" So cute, but that's just the most, now :lol:

When we went shopping for dishes and bathroom stuff and little accents and what not, he said "I never noticed how girly your taste is" I'm like I never noticed how girly your taste is not :look:

Dropped him off at the airport last night. Wont see him again for like...16 days :(

Why he gotta have a vacay so far away and for so loooong...hmph

Y'all. I got the best coloring of my life Friday. I'd go into detail but I don't wanna make the band :look: but it was worth the 4.5 month wait.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Le sigh...i think im in love yall. this weekend was perfect. my baby handled my sisters very well. it was hard to get him to relax and open up at first but with our crazy personalities and a little liquid courage :look: all was well. We have made plans to do it again soon. my sisters suggested that i bring him home for thanxgiving....

You and I both. I plan to give it until next year before anything is set in stone. That should be enough time for the dust to settle. :grin:

BGT. Ummmm I wanna know :sekret: give us the pg-13 version.

Loves it!! :lol:

:lol: I'll try. Basically, me and this guy (who lives about 5 hours away) had a drunken hook up in April but wanted to get together again sober. So this night had been building up for almost 5 months! He came down this weekend with his fraternity brothers for a probate here and stayed with me Friday night. It was AMAZING! We did stuff I had never done before or ever even thought of doing. It lasted about 4 hours nonstop. :look: And it was very good and worth the almost 5 month wait. We have very good chemistry and gave each other just what the other liked. We can't wait to see each other again. :grin:

BGT, 4 hours?? :wow: Did you have some crushed or cubed ice on standby? Girl, can you walk? LOL! :rofl:

Just kidding. Glad you had a great time and tried some new things!

Yeeehaaa @BGT! chiiille, that ish is the bomb when it happens like that. And I feel you--me and my guy--these 2-5 hour sessions twice a week the last 3 months be like...dang. I've even lost some weight :lachen: seriously. had to buy new clothes!

here's to you getting it in more with your guy! wootwoot! :lol:

BGT, 4 hours?? :wow: Did you have some crushed or cubed ice on standby? Girl, can you walk? LOL! :rofl:

Just kidding. Glad you had a great time and tried some new things!

I was a little sore but I was ok. I had to give him a back massage though because he hurt himself when he stood up, flipped me upside down and face painted. :look: :grin:

Yeeehaaa @BGT! chiiille, that ish is the bomb when it happens like that. And I feel you--me and my guy--these 2-5 hour sessions twice a week the last 3 months be like...dang. I've even lost some weight :lachen: seriously. had to buy new clothes!

here's to you getting it in more with your guy! wootwoot! :lol:

:bouncegre:trampolin:woot::bdance::evilbanana::cloud9::love4::reddancer::thud::woohoo::woohoo2::sweet::thatsall:

Sigh...As soon as I said the words in a relationship out loud it all goes pear shaped. I dont think I know how to be in a relationship, we had an argument this morning and I dont know what to do now. He is travelling for work tomorrow for 3 weeks and I dont want to leave things as they are but dont know how to fix it.

o my gosh i have butterflies. I see him Thursday after not seeing each other for a month. We will be MIA for 2 days ;)..Then my 40th bday party is at his lounge on Saturday and I have a great response from my friends and family that are coming.
He & I are going on a cruise w/ my family in November the week before Thanksgiving.
I'm so happy. its been a little bumpy but that happens as you are settling down and figuring out each other. The honeymoon lust phase is over and its :love: for real now:)
and If any of u ladies are in the NYC/NJ area and would like to come Sat. Pm me for info.

Back