2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

Cause we aren't close and don't have that type of relationship. And she's a gossipy type....

Oh ok I see. I understand where you are coming from. In the future when you and your SO become lets say married then are you still going to hold off her meeting him? I know some people are not close to their parents but you only get one mother.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I think that doubt creeps in when entering another phase of the relationship and is part of the process. It's OK. Enjoy!

im glad to hear that. im just so all or nothing... if im not in something, ima do my thing and stick with that. but if we're together its soooooo hard for me not to focus on that all the time. getting super clingy, missing him, wanting to be together all the time, just wanting wanting wanting all sorts of things that werent on the table before... im too intense. i need to find balance.

Oh ok I see. I understand where you are coming from. In the future when you and your SO become lets say married then are you still going to hold off her meeting him? I know some people are not close to their parents but you only get one mother.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

No, I know it's gonna happen, just not looking forward to it....lol. I already got bum rushed from somebody at church she blabbed to....:lachen:

So we had our first official argument resulting from the story I mentioned earlier. I know that is often not considered a good thing but it certainly helped laid the rules on the table about what we will/will not tolerate from each other. Both of us found a way to compromise and I'm happy to see we were mature enough to resolve our issues while agreeing to try and accept individual flaws. :)

I can't wait to spend more time with him once this exam is over. The exam is in two months and I only get to see him twice a week. :( We do have plans to go to the USOpen though, and are planning a getaway trip at the end of the year to either Hawaii or Negril. YAY! :D

No, I know it's gonna happen, just not looking forward to it....lol. I already got bum rushed from somebody at church she blabbed to....:lachen:

Aw lol...alot of my family members knew of my SO bc if my sis. She is the talker of the family.

I found it funny how I was talking to my coworker about how my SO aunt made some eggplant that was good and I said my aunt. I was like I meant his aunt not mine :). My coworker said that is your aunt lol. I had to catch myself from saying how is mom doing ( I was asking about his mom). It just feels right with him. I never felt part of my ex family but twin family is further away and I feel more at home.

wednesday night one of his oldest friends was in town visiting with his heroin addict looking girlfriend from california. bf is a good fit for me brain-wise but MAN i hate all his friends. this guy was super childish acting in a way that was supposed to be cute... and it might have been if he were 22 rather than turning 30.

we ended up on a triple date with his roommate and his girlfriend... it was pretty awkward for the most part because i just decided i'm no longer wasting my energy trying to be nice to his friends. usually i am very open to making new friends or at least new contacts, but with these people i am just going to make it a goal to politely tolerate them. i don't like going out of my way to make people feel comfortable when they're just like "well this person is awkward/weird/antisocial and that's just how it is," and i'm just supposed to deal with it. by the end of the night, after a few drinks, everyone was getting along better. the friend from california hugged me twice at the end of the night :lick: he was irritating but he was cute :lol: idk why he did that because he didn't hug roommate's girlfriend.

yesterday i went to the gym and when i came back (bf didnt go because he's sick) hes on the couch playing video games... so i had to play basketball with him for like an hour :lol: then he made us soup and we watched sunday's dexter and started trying to watch this movie for like the third time before starting to fall asleep... then we had sex... sweet jesus we had sex :lol: finally :lol: the whole time i'm just thinking ilovehimilovehimilovehim... and i wanted to say it but it wasn't really coming out... (he's said it to me several times but always when we were drinking/having sex and then he'd take it back the next day :rolleyes:)

so when we were done and spooning, i'm like "i love you... and im not taking it back :lol:" and he pretends like he didn't hear what i said, so he made me repeat it a couple times :lol: finally he goes "i love you too" :infatuated:

I found it funny how I was talking to my coworker about how my SO aunt made some eggplant that was good and I said my aunt. I was like I meant his aunt not mine :). My coworker said that is your aunt lol. I had to catch myself from saying how is mom doing ( I was asking about his mom). It just feels right with him. I never felt part of my ex family but twin family is further away and I feel more at home.

LOL that's all me right there. And have no qualms about doing it either.
When it feels right it just ...IS.

hmmmm... thinking about something bf said to me yesterday... had a hint of a jealous streak :scratchch

which frankly i enjoy a jealous streak on a man. especially when he's seemed so ambivalent about most of the other girls he dated. apparently one of the tabs changed on the computer and he's like oh, you visited this site this morning... im like ummm don't be checking up behind me on my internet history :lol:

i want him to be jealous :yep: i have a terrible jealous streak myself... :look:

We went to the hospital today and when they took me to the check in area, Mr. Was like YOU HAVING SURGERY!!!!!! I said yes they call it that because I'm going under anesthesia. He held my hand so tight. Then the nurse came to take me back, she said hello, who is with you today? Before I could say anything he said, her BOO! All loud and grinning. She laughed so hard. When we walked back she said "somebody is in love!"
Then when it was all over he was there in recovery. I was still a little out of it. The Dr. came in and stated that everything was normal, which was good, but still doesn't explain the excruciating pain I have been in for months. I started crying because this whole process has just been hell and I was hopeful about getting some answers. He held me and said I wish I could take all of the pain away, but since I can't, just lean on me and he held me while I cried.......sigh....I just love this man!

Last edited:
So upset with him that I do not want to go to the concert with him. Knowing him, he probably forgot anyway and I have the tickets. The right thing to do may be to remind him but really, I don't care about doing the right thing plus I don't care to have his company.

Yeah I'm a B like that sometimes.

ETA- He called. So now if I don't mention it, I will look even worse once he finds out that I went. Ugh!
And yup, I was right, he forgot. He doesn't like that genre anyway so...

Last edited:
My mom is in town visiting me. Tonight, we went over to SO's house to have dinner with his family. It went great. Everyone got along just fine....not that I had any doubts!

On our way home, some chick made a left turn when I was in her blind spot. Luckily, I braked fast enough and there isn't too much damage to my car...all superficial. (still mad....stupid ho driver!) Anyway, I was very very shook up. I was in a bad accident a year and a half ago and had major flash backs. I texted SO and he was there in a flash. He calmed me down so quickly. I'm so lucky to have him....and lucky my mom and I weren't hurt.

Tomorrow, he's picking us up to go kayaking. Hopefully that will take my mind off of this darn accident for awhile.

I love this man so much.

I finally ended it. I'm tired of arguing back and forth and having our dates ruined by his insecurities. Last night took the cake, and I told him that I will just have to live with my decision regarding us being done. I've had it up to my neck with this bs.

yawn. its boring being at home. bf has a bad sinus infection and an important exam next weekend. so i came home yesterday. we chatted online instead. he said his friend texted him that i should be there taking care of him, running him a bath and massaging him :lol: bf is so not that type.

one of his exes :rolleyes: called him today, claiming her dad is dying and asking him for help with the will as she has been named the executor. he has shown such bad taste in women that the subject of his ex girlfriends really just irritates me more than anything else about him. i tried to listen patiently with respect to someone dying, but ultimately i'm like ok, all that being said, is there any way for you not to be involved in this? even though i dont think i would have been out of my rights to TELL him not to be involved in this. but even he thinks its a trick.

he told his friend about it and the first thing the friend said was "it's a trick."

40 minutes later she emailed him asking about a bike hed bought for her that is at his parents house :rolleyes:

Is it fair to ask him to make sure that the mother (or daughter) gets an OK to come over from him prior to his 14 year old popping up? She has a key which wasn't given to her but that she took. I told him at that time that it wasn't a good idea to allow her to have a key without some conversation with her or the mother. But consistency is not his forte.

She shows up in the bedroom while we were both napping (clothing optional). Sometimes, he has friends that come over and he wouldn't want her showing up then. However, I don't live here so I don't know if I'm out of place to make a comment although it pacts me in some form. Sometimes I wonder if this is the mothers way of sticking it to me. She finally has an SO who recently moved in. IDK. Aside from how I feel about him having a daughter is this reasonable to ask?

Is it fair to ask him to make sure that the mother (or daughter) gets an OK to come over from him prior to his 14 year old popping up? She has a key which wasn't given to her but that she took. I told him at that time that it wasn't a good idea to allow her to have a key without some conversation with her or the mother. But consistency is not his forte.

She shows up in the bedroom while we were both napping (clothing optional). Sometimes, he has friends that come over and he wouldn't want her showing up then. However, I don't live here so I don't know if I'm out of place to make a comment although it pacts me in some form. Sometimes I wonder if this is the mothers way of sticking it to me. She finally has an SO who recently moved in. IDK. Aside from how I feel about him having a daughter is this reasonable to ask?

I wouldn't say to get an "ok" but rather to give a heads up so you can be prepared.

Went to therapy today and she said we need to wrap things up in the next session. :look: When she first said most couples need 6-8 sessions to reach a breakthrough I didn't believe that it could be better that fast. This was our 6th and the next one is the 7th, so its actually true:spinning:

I really, really want a couple holiday somewhere beautiful and serene sometimes soonish.

Need to make a vision board lol.

Okay, I get it. We communicate differently but at the end of the day we love each other. I would also love to strangle you. I have never experienced such a dynamic. It's like you're a mirror like JT said. You hold up the light to my flaws and I do the same to yours. And when we realize it OH do we react to it. It is hard for you to express yourself.

You know damn well I did not call you yesterday, talmbout you heard a beep and the number did not come up and you thought it was me. What am I going to do with you besides wish I could strangle you but not enough to go the whole way. I need to realize that though you are not verbally expressive your actions show so much. If I hear one person ask me what I did to you, I will strangle them too, LOL! It looks like we're in it for the long haul. :D

Okay, I get it. We communicate differently but at the end of the day we love each other. I would also love to strangle you. I have never experienced such a dynamic. It's like you're a mirror like JT said. You hold up the light to my flaws and I do the same to yours. And when we realize it OH do we react to it. It is hard for you to express yourself.

You know damn well I did not call you yesterday, talmbout you heard a beep and the number did not come up and you thought it was me. What am I going to do with you besides wish I could strangle you but not enough to go the whole way. I need to realize that though you are not verbally expressive your actions show so much. If I hear one person ask me what I did to you, I will strangle them too, LOL! It looks like we're in it for the long haul. :D

Lucie yall got back together?

I'd rather not talk about it then talk about it right now. I don't even know where to go right now but Im definitely not as sure as I used to be.

Ive never been really big on chilvary so i never really expected or demanded it from previous bfs but SO goes out of his way every time seems like. Something as simple as opening my door to showing up to my job with flowers. Im learning to not only expect it but appriciate it and what it means. It really sets the tone and defines our relationship if i really look into it like that. It shows and tells me how much this man cares and what i mean to him. It makes me think of previous "relationships" and why they never worked out.

Six months down.....who would have thought. This is the longest/most successful relationship since I got my heart destroyed almost four years ago. I'm thankful that I have met such an awesome person, that I have grown, and in this process I have learned so much about myself. So in love :love:

I love being in love. I love being loved. It's been a while. I forgot how wonderful it is. I'm excited about the future :-)

Last edited:
Aw lol...alot of my family members knew of my SO bc if my sis. She is the talker of the family.

Welp...as is the case......my mom has been running her mouth. So there goes that trust.....again. Smh. I'm done

It looks like we won't get to see eachother for my bday/our 1 year anniversary. I'm disappointed but he did hint that he may not be able to come. That is the part I don't like about ldr. I wouldn't mind if he was 1 to even 5 hours away.

Welp...as is the case......my mom has been running her mouth. So there goes that trust.....again. Smh. I'm done

Is it about personal things? I just limit what I say when it comes to my relationship. I didn't really care that my fam knew, it was just like dang she can talk. But I definitely have learned to limit what I say to her bc she has thrown things I've told her in my face.

Is it about personal things? I just limit what I say when it comes to my relationship. I didn't really care that my fam knew, it was just like dang she can talk. But I definitely have learned to limit what I say to her bc she has thrown things I've told her in my face.

Yep. Very personal things. I just have to keep her at arms length.

Back