2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

My mom is coming to visit for a week. I've been stressed out trying to plan things to do. SO keeps coming up with suggestions on places to go. Thank god for him. He's making it so much easier. :yep:

I can't wait for my mom to meet him and his family. I've never been so quick to do family 'merging' before. He's amazing. He's 'the one' without a doubt. I'd marry him tomorrow if he asked. :love4:

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

My SO asked if I wanted a reading done. I of course said yes bc I have always been interested in things I can't see ( metaphysics). It was to be done by an elder he knows that was interested in talking to me after I guess a discussion they had about me months before. She asked about me and after she saw my picture she wanted to speak with me. She said that she saw wisdom and questions in my eyes. i find that funny many have said that. All three of us spoke for like six hours and it was great to get insight on the foundations of a relationship from someone Who didn't know me or judge. We also discussed out birth charts ( which i love) to gain insight on our relationship. This reminded me of things I can work on and what is important. The main topic was to always remember to be friends first and foremost. It put alot in perspective. I think at times people in general can put too much emphasis on the romantic and not the friendship. Or assume the meaning of what our partner is saying without really talking, I loved this bc I needed this talk on a personal level. I know that twin and I definitely understand each other more and will grow from this. I look forward to meeting this wonderful elder in person.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Marriage on his mind. I'm glad this time we are farther along in the relationship and i don't feel scared and rushed like before, i feel way more comfortable and sure now. Even his mom said a while back he is going to marry me when he is ready (i didn't bring it up either, i was terrified because we was so early in the relationship and that's a big step). His boss asked him what he waiting on and he said he wanted a certain amount in his bank account and he asked do he love me and he said yes and he said well do it now. I think his boss needs to mind his business :look:

He is a headache. & he saw a picture of that guy that I really like that we both know. He's currently going in on me now about it, but I don't even care anymore. I'm not fully in this relationship, but I haven't cheated either. I'm officially checking out. I can't force myself to argue with him.

I know the feeling....as happy as dude makes me there is this guy that moves me and wants us to have a visit and i'm considering it.

im bored. normally i have such a large rotation of romantic shenanigans that there's always someone or something available to entertain me. now i can only rely on one person. so if he isn't around, what? i get restless? i die from boredom?

in my last relationship i made the mistake of expecting my ex to fill up many if not all of the free spaces in my pie chart of daily routine. i didn't really have anything else going on, compounded by the tunnel vision that would have accompanied focusing on something else. now that i do have things to fill the other pie slices i realize i still want something to compensate for the loss of other men. it's exciting and passes time in a way that a singular relationship just can't.

i don't think there is any external action that could correct that for me. this is me needing to learn to regulate my emotions. adjust appropriately to new things.

im waiting on a few things this week and without adequate distractions im just like ****** DYING. honey, its two freaking days. wait two days jeez youll get there.

I am so heartbroken. My boss's wife had a stroke and is in a coma. She is being sent to a hospice. I cannot express the way I feel. My boss is the BEST man I know. For the past 20 years of this horrendous disease, he has been there for his wife. Up until a few months ago he was taking his wife to work in the city daily! That doesn't sound like a big deal but he lives in Great Neck. If she wanted Starbucks, he was at their condo with it 10 minutes later. When she was irate and nitpicking, he kept a cool, calm head. He puts her needs first. To find out that she is being transferred leaves us all feeling sick, sad and crying. It is so hard for us to work today. We all have been crying off and on.

I do not know many men that could endure for so long with such kindness. When the chemo made her cranky, he just loved on her extra. I am so heartbroken. He is coming into the office in a few hours and I am scared to look at him because I don't want to lose it. I love my boss like I love my uncles. Why did this have to happen?!?!?!?!?!

I know it may sound weird but the 6 of here are really like family. When I was thinking of looking for another job he told me that he would love to be my reference and encouraged me. When I was going through my 2 cancer scares everyone rallied around me and showed me love. When my periods were destroying my life they all loved on me and helped me. When I had to go home, he still paid me though I was out sick. He is the reason I got back into real estate. I am utterly devastated!

Sorry to blab, the typing helps me.

Last edited:
I have to tell him today that I'm leaving Friday to Vegas and won't be back til Monday :look:.... That also means that I have to see him everyday up until then :rolleyes:

Sooo last week we were in Georgetown at BCBG and i was trying on these boots i was inlove with, high heels that i was ok wearing. he loved them on me. i was acting silly doing my club dance in them and exercising, he was dying lol. yeh i want these. then I saw the price tag and was like damn :-( lol not sure i wanted to spend tht much. then they said they dont take returns only exchanges. i need to b able to return just in case cause i always change my darn mind lol. they said if i ordered from the site i can return. so i said ok. Saturday i looked online & saw the boots were already sold out in every size. i was so upset ..now i really wanted them:(. Tell me why there was a box delivered to my door today. The boots..from him :love: he said my early bday gift:)

Last edited:
Sooo last week we were in Georgetown at BCBG and i was trying on these boots i was inlove with, high heels that i was ok wearing. he loved them on me. i was acting silly doing my club dance in them and exercising, he was dying lol. yeh i want these. then I saw the price tag and was like damn :-( lol not sure i wanted to spend tht much. then they said they dont take returns only exchanges. i need to b able to return just in case cause i always change my darn mind lol. they said if i ordered from the site i can return. so i said ok. Saturday i looked online & saw the boots were already sold out in every size. i was so upset ..now i really wanted them:(. Tell me why there was a box delivered to my door today. The boots..from him :love: he said my early bday gift:)

I love stories like these. Keep them coming. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm in my feelings. This health stuff is beginning to scare me. I'm going to have to watch what I say and how I say it.
We are at an important point in our relationship. We both have to remember we are on the same team.
Everything he's ever said or done shows me who he is. And I love that person.......

Ladies who are in relationships. I just love reading your stories and I am very happy for you all. I know that you all experience some bad times however, when you and your SO's pull through the rough patches it is so cool when you get right back on track...

Well that wasn't too bad after all....His only response..."again?!?"
Babe that was last year when I went :look:....lol

A new guy on the horizon. Was told he wants to talk to me about the "next step", whatever that is. Fingers crossed ladies!

He asked me to help him pick out a comforter and pots for his place. I sent him a picture of this :giggle:

But no, I actually have a multitude of serious options on a Macy's wishlist. I just didn't wanna overwhelm him yet :look:

Attachments

• image-2424004368.jpg
    image-2424004368.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 146
bf is sick :sad: we talked last night before bed. he said that he would dream i was there snoring at him... "sexily" :lol:

i did have a dream about him... that we were asleep together and he forgot to lock the cascading windows in the bedroom and people started climbing in :sad: :lol: i woke up in the middle of the night. taking this as a sign that weve been away from each other too long :drunk:

I be lurking sometimes :sekret:

Glad everyone is OK

Got to a point in therapy where something clicked. We understand each other better now and communicate in more effective ways when in conflict. :grin:

Before therapy we were having one big argument per week. The type that can drag out over two days:look:. After the start of therapy things got even worse. I suspect it was because so much stuff comes up to talk about and its very raw. Turned into about 2x a week horrible, distressing arguments:nono:.

Since things have begun to click into place and we have stuck to trying new things we haven't had a proper argument in a month :). A few disagreements which is natural, but the usually the type that you can talk out and get over in 10-20 minutes and be happy again.

Subjects that used to cause us to argue in the past more often than not don't now. It feels strange lol. Still have some sessions to go and we both have more hard work to do. Changing old habits is no joke, but it's looking positive in terms of steps in the right direction atm.

Does he have to work my nerves EVERYDAY? Can I get two consecutive happy days? & he wonders why I refuse to stop talking (general chatting, nothing inappropriate) to other men. They don't give me an ounce of the problems that he gives me. :nono:

I'm having some procedures done tomorrow. I will be going under anesthesia and can't drive after. Mr. Took the day off so he could go with me and bring me back home. (Not the first time because a couple of months after we met he took off to go with me after I had my wisdom teeth pulled).....so I was talking to my mom yesterday and she was like well who is going with you to the hospital? I told her Mr. Took off to go with me...her face. She's mad cause she still hasn't met him. And she said, I KNOW this is serious, because you introduced him to the kids, and I NEED to meet him!!!!! My momma is all kinds of crazy and I'm grown, It's just not that serious to me...what do y'all think?

Last edited:
so... i stumbled upon something bf wrote about me... wondering if its wrong that i went ahead and read it :ohwell: i mean, i'm thinking no since i'm not going to let it influence my thoughts or behavior (much)... and won't be weird or passive aggressive or sneaky about what i read... but i know ethically speaking, i should have been a good girl and passed it by... oh well too late now...

so...

he said that he "truly adores" me... that i embody everything he wants in a woman - i'm smart, well spoken, i read, i put up with the parts of him that others don't, and he can really talk to me...

when monogamy was sort of forced on the table, he knew i wasn't really ready for it. he said i avoided him for a few days, which i suppose maybe i did. he said that more than missing me, he missed my presence in his life. he said that i was the only girl he's slept with that he connected to intellectually, and he didn't want to lose me... that it "took [him] 28 years to find" me...

but then he said he caught himself wondering what his parents would think about me, and what mine would think about him, and that he started picking us both apart. he said things that read like he was scared and didn't know what would happen and maybe it was a disaster in the making, but he was going to make the leap anyway. and my instinct is to be offended at any doubts, but who the hell am i to throw that stone when i am swimming in fear and doubts myself? its so weird to think of those things existing side by side... both of us sure we want the other around, and sure that those feelings are strong and can't be ignored, but so worried about what's going to happen.

he has such a hard time letting people get close to him. and to be honest, we've both given the other reason not to trust each other. not in regards to being liars and sneaky cheaters... but just in our capability to hurt each other. and we're both SO UNEXPECTED for the other... i think we'd both feel it was much easier to go back to whatever sihtty thing we were doing in regards to dating (him dating a bunch of idiot losers he didn't really like, me all over town with every hot but emotionally unavailable guy who just wants to bone me) than to be vulnerable and belong to someone else...

if only we didnt have to worry about the future...

I'm having some procedures done tomorrow. I will be going under anesthesia and can't drive after. Mr. Took the day off so he could go with me and bring me back home. (Not the first time because a couple of months after we met he took off to go with me after I had my wisdom teeth pulled).....so I was talking to my mom yesterday and she was like well who is going with you to the hospital? I told her Mr. Took off to go with me...her face. She's mad cause she still hasn't met him. And she said, I KNOW this is serious, because you introduced him to the kids, and I NEED to meet him!!!!! My momma is all kinds of crazy and I'm grown, It's just not that serious to me...what do y'all think?

I can definitely understand what she means. He seems like he is a keeper and he has met the kids, why not meet your mother? That's the first person I wanted my SO to meet.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I can definitely understand what she means. He seems like he is a keeper and he has met the kids, why not meet your mother? That's the first person I wanted my SO to meet.

Cause we aren't close and don't have that type of relationship. And she's a gossipy type....

Finally understanding the phrase "waiting to exhale" ive never been in a relationship like this before. Its so ...right this time. I have no worries. I have none of the problems that i constantly faced while dating. I was reading over that should i pay the tip thread, remembering how questions liked these plagued me while dating. SO and i went out to dinner last night and when the check came i unconsciencely reached for my purse. SO cut his eyes at me and said "dont make me bite you woman" before i even got the latch on my purse undone. I couldnt help but laugh. We've been out countless times before and ive never paid for anything but it finally hit me that this what it should have felt like all along. This is all new for me and i lubs it. I just sat back and literally exhaled.

so... i stumbled upon something bf wrote about me... wondering if its wrong that i went ahead and read it :ohwell: i mean, i'm thinking no since i'm not going to let it influence my thoughts or behavior (much)... and won't be weird or passive aggressive or sneaky about what i read... but i know ethically speaking, i should have been a good girl and passed it by... oh well too late now...

so...

he said that he "truly adores" me... that i embody everything he wants in a woman - i'm smart, well spoken, i read, i put up with the parts of him that others don't, and he can really talk to me...

when monogamy was sort of forced on the table, he knew i wasn't really ready for it. he said i avoided him for a few days, which i suppose maybe i did. he said that more than missing me, he missed my presence in his life. he said that i was the only girl he's slept with that he connected to intellectually, and he didn't want to lose me... that it "took [him] 28 years to find" me...

but then he said he caught himself wondering what his parents would think about me, and what mine would think about him, and that he started picking us both apart. he said things that read like he was scared and didn't know what would happen and maybe it was a disaster in the making, but he was going to make the leap anyway. and my instinct is to be offended at any doubts, but who the hell am i to throw that stone when i am swimming in fear and doubts myself? its so weird to think of those things existing side by side... both of us sure we want the other around, and sure that those feelings are strong and can't be ignored, but so worried about what's going to happen.

he has such a hard time letting people get close to him. and to be honest, we've both given the other reason not to trust each other. not in regards to being liars and sneaky cheaters... but just in our capability to hurt each other. and we're both SO UNEXPECTED for the other... i think we'd both feel it was much easier to go back to whatever sihtty thing we were doing in regards to dating (him dating a bunch of idiot losers he didn't really like, me all over town with every hot but emotionally unavailable guy who just wants to bone me) than to be vulnerable and belong to someone else...

if only we didnt have to worry about the future...

I think that doubt creeps in when entering another phase of the relationship and is part of the process. It's OK. Enjoy!

Back