2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

Yyyyeeeeah, life plan convo not going to good tonight. Im hearing things that are not solid and we all know what that means.

I suspect we might be on a slightly different path. I might have to put my big girl panties on and address it again before going to sleep to be certain....

Fine 4s Hope everything is alright. Better to have that conversation sooner rather than later, even if it brings up some issues to think about.:yep:

Vanthie,

Thank you V. But no it's not OK. I'm not sure if these issues are workable, just two different life goals. I think I'm leaving work soon. I can't focus...

:grin:
He asked me when my passport expired. I told him May 2018. He sounded so nervous asking and told me he wants me to go on a cruise with him and his family (mom, dad, sister, her hubby, their kids). His parents are renewing their vows. Oh em gee. He sounded so scared to tell me. He said he will bring it up in the spring again for my answer. I think he is in love with me and thinks I am "The One." How did this happen so fast? I worked with him and know the sort of man that he is. Gosh, this is scary.

mines expire in Aug 2018!

Well we have hit one major issue, our views on how money is spent. His take, spend it you can't take it with you. My take, there is no need to spend every dime that come in, set some aside for a rainy day.

I'm just over it...over him, over his effed up family, over his lack of motivation. Maybe I'm not meant to be with anyone. Which is fine with me, more money in my pocket and no drama.

I know it's not good to compare yourself to others, but I see all my friends and family, doing well for themselves and good spouses, and I just look at him like:ohwell:

Last edited:
I'm just over it...over him, over his effed up family, over his lack of motivation. Maybe I'm not meant to be with anyone. Which is fine with me, more money in my pocket and no drama.

I know it's not good to compare yourself to others, but I see all my friends and family, doing well for themselves and good spouses, and I just look at him like:ohwell:

@SoopremeBeing :bighug:

Where do you think the relationship started going downhill at?

Who was into who more in the beginning?

fell out, made up, tried to make it work, broke up...ahh such is life. I'm hurt.... but all will be well in time. I can be at peace becuase I know I gave it 100%.

@SoopremeBeing :bighug:

Where do you think the relationship started going downhill at?

Who was into who more in the beginning?

Knowing what I know now, it was doomed from the start. He wasnt upfront about his financial situation or his family issues. He told me about his family beforehand but he left sme things out. He claims he wants to get his life together, but there he is, in front of the Wii or PS3 when hes not working. Im just tired of carrying him and his family running their mouth about me when they dont know the whole story. At this point, he's the one trying to salvage the relationship, not me.

Glad Scandal is back! Now, more Scandal date, yay! And he's cooking dinner tomorrow night :D

I went with him to get his haircut yesterday. I've never seen a white guy get a haircut. Interesting lol

Yesterday I wanted to kick him in the throat with a stiletto.
Thank God we made up today. This one is a handful.

And I know I have to stop running from relationships the minute they get difficult. I haven't really figured out how to stay, be uncomfortable for awhile and work on it.

Yesterday I wanted to kick him in the throat with a stiletto.
Thank God we made up today. This one is a handful.

And I know I have to stop running from relationships the minute they get difficult. I haven't really figured out how to stay, be uncomfortable for awhile and work on it.

Oh wow this is me.
I have done a disappearing act twice on this guy and I told him I wanted to disappear again but this time I wanted to talk it through.
He told me I need to fix that way of thinking and he now feels like he is walking on egg shells with me because I may close the door on him without even talking it through. It's like an issue is the end of the world for me but for him it was nothing and whilst he is happily hopping along, I'm ready to bounce out.

Oh wow this is me.
I have done a disappearing act twice on this guy and I told him I wanted to disappear again but this time I wanted to talk it through.
He told me I need to fix that way of thinking and he now feels like he is walking on egg shells with me because I may close the door on him without even talking it through. It's like an issue is the end of the world for me but for him it was nothing and whilst he is happily hopping along, I'm ready to bounce out.

we have a lot in common...

I don't like conflict but I don't mind talking it out. My SO was raised in a family where his parents didn't argue in front of him and he was not allow to yell or scream. It's a good thing but he doesn't handle conflict well, he avoids it. Although he was raised in a house that did not scream or holler, he feels some kind of way even when a voice is raised slightly. He actually told me this when we were getting to know each other but now I understand and see it. He is working on it, I can actually say that.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours.Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

So, I have another cruise offer. For the same month, LOL! He wants to put my dryer together for me and spend more time together. We shall see. Right now, I'm doing me and am letting him show me who he is with no hopes/expectations.

Oh wow this is me.

Uhm, I still disappear...:look:
I think I might also be a runaway bride type person.
You know I'm going to google this. I don't understand why I have such a 'fleeing' reaction when I'm hurt or disppointed or scared...
I remember as a teenager, when I told a guy I liked him, I ran away right after. And then another time when a friend needed me and I was scared that I'd get kicked out of summer school, I ran away again. And lord knows in this relationship, I'm quick to pack my ish and BOUNCE!!!

Tomorrow is the Man's bday...I guess I have to do something special.....cook! LOL.
I think some friends will by stopping by throughout the day to watch the football game (Go NINERS!!) and or have a celebratory drink.
so that makes it kinda easy for me, make finger foods! Off to pinterest to see what I have pinned!

I have such a good idea for Valentine's Day. I am the best :lol:
Now I have to try and not tell him. I always ruin my own surprises.

Lucie, can you have you doctor refer you to a hematologist? I was anemic and received iron infusions by IV. The weekly infusions brought my levels up to normal in 2 months.

I actually was seeing a hematologist and stopped. That was my fault. I didn't feel I needed her.

Why do men fall in love so doggone fast?

Sigh...

Him: I love you Allandra.

Me: Thank you.

Well, my reply is better than hearing crickets, right? He's content with my thank you. Thank God.

:look:

Maybe, you're just awesome?! LOL! Duh!

:grin:

mines expire in Aug 2018!

We need a girls trip! :lol:

I don't like conflict but I don't mind talking it out. My SO was raised in a family where his parents didn't argue in front of him and he was not allow to yell or scream. It's a good thing but he doesn't handle conflict well, he avoids it. Although he was raised in a house that did not scream or holler, he feels some kind of way even when a voice is raised slightly. He actually told me this when we were getting to know each other but now I understand and see it. He is working on it, I can actually say that.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours.Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

tinkat - this is me. There wasn't any conflict whilst I was growing up - just the odd argument between mum and dad but nothing serious. I have no real idea how to handle conflict in relationships and get hypersensitive. The recent talk I've had with him made me understand myself a whole lot more.
I grew up sheltered and he grew up seeing and hearing a whole lot more.

Last edited:
tinkat - this is me. There wasn't any conflict whilst I was growing up - just the odd argument between mum and dad but nothing serious. I have no real idea how to handle conflict in relationships and get hypersensitive. The recent talk I've had with him made me understand myself a whole lot more.
I grew up sheltered and he grew up seeing and hearing a whole lot more.

Bublin

Yes our scenario is the same way, but I saw and heard alot more. His parents have been together for more than 30 years while I come from a extended family with two sets of parents bc my parents remarried.

Also he is the youngest and their is an age difference with his siblings so he never had to really deal with conflict amongst siblings.I think that is a good way to learn how to handle conflict as kids. Bc you are upset one minute but you make up later on.

Last edited:
If I get one more message from two of my recently married ex-boyfriends....sigh. Please go enjoy your wives and leave me the f--- alone. One wants to know are we still friends..... Ummmmm....no. Im pretty sure your wife would not favor you being chummy with your ex-fiancee. Andeven if she did, the answer is still hell no!
The other wants tickets to a future Florida State game and wants me to go with him..... Are you insane? Not in this life.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I no longer have the tolerance to deal with stupid people.

My bff of 10 years is working my nerves. She's so negative and self-centered. I don't even want to talk on the phone with her anymore. I literally just hang up on her while she's talking. I'm just over her nonsense.

VeryBecoming said:
I have such a good idea for Valentine's Day. I am the best :lol:
Now I have to try and not tell him. I always ruin my own surprises.

I'm not doing ish for valentines day. I'm just going to sit back and wait.

Sent from the corner pay phone

ill be moving to DC in few months and he will be in TX.:cry:

i dont think i can handle a long distance relationship. 2 months was hard enough. indefinitely will just be unbearable. :cry:

idk what to do.

Back