2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

Watch how you treat people.....baby daddy (who was not speaking to me/giving me support for our son because I have a man now) was rushed to the hospital Friday. My son was pretty upset. So we got some balloons and went down there. He needed me to get a few things from his place. I surely did it. He cursed me like a dog but turns out he needed me.......I surely told SO about it. No secrets or appearance of anything shaky. But my son felt a lot better after he got to see him. That's all that matters.

Even though I gave him his walking papers, we still talk everyday and it is wearing on me. I feel like he is talking a good game and attempting to get in my good graces but there is no real intention to change.

Does my love for him take another chance or do I let my gut feeling rule and keep it moving. I know the answer is obvious but it is??

...I'm happy. I'm in love and I'm happy. Last year, I couldn't have imagined being with anyone at all because I was hurt and broken from previous relationships...but now I can't imagine life without him. He has shown me what a real relationship should be.

I'm just so thankful...

Last edited:
This weekend was one of the best. His birthday was on Saturday so I planned a fun day for him. We've spent so much time together lately and just can't seem to get enough. We've been dating for 2 months and it's been amazing thus far. He says he loves to call me his girlfriend and he loves hearing me call him my boyfriend. We enjoy our time together and it's so easy. I'm so glad to have him in my life!

I really dislike driving with him.

ETA: His next drive he was MUM!
Good, let me drive and make all my mistakes in peace.
Nobody likes a backseat driver!

Last edited:
I REALLY like him, but he's doing too much. Three times he has mentioned that he's going to trap me. Not only am I NOT down with being a 2x baby mama (although I was married to my daughter's father) , but I'm happy w/ only one child. I'm officially taking him serious and I've decided that I can't see him anymore.

My "heart" wants me to stay with him, but my mind and morals are like
HQQ

I'm really not confused.. I've already made up my mind, but I just felt like typing it.

Alright, alright.. I didn't let him go, but I did have a serious conversation with him about my strict desire to not have anymore kids... He promises that was a half joke and I won't have to worry about him trying until we are murrrrried. :rolleyes:

Things have been great between us. We've definitely been communicating more effectively with each other.

^
Glad you worked things out. Are you on birth control:look: I'd still be checking condoms for holes lol

Even though I gave him his walking papers, we still talk everyday and it is wearing on me. I feel like he is talking a good game and attempting to get in my good graces but there is no real intention to change.

If you were unhappy with the way things were, so much that you broke up with him last time, its doubtful you would feel happy without change on his part. IDK. Usually people get back together like this and have a good month of good times, then things go back to how they were and they break up again.

Alright, alright.. I didn't let him go, but I did have a serious conversation with him about my strict desire to not have anymore kids... He promises that was a half joke and I won't have to worry about him trying until we are murrrrried. :rolleyes:

Things have been great between us. We've definitely been communicating more effectively with each other.

Does he have kids of his own?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I "treated" him last night. He was ADAMANT about me not doing it. He runs ragged every single day working and taking care of everybody else. I always try to think of ways to do for him. It was just dinner and a movie. He was so relaxed....big smile on his face. Totally stress free. I told him he takes such good care of me I have to take care of him....we had such a good time.

My friend is in a long term relationship that's very similar to mine and we always bond over activities we do with our SOs on the weekends and stuff. A few weeks ago she got engaged, which was totally unexpected. I was so happy for her I cried when she told me. We’ve started talking about her wedding planning and of course she gushes about it, as she should, but then I noticed that I've started feeling really jealous.
I rarely ever thought about marriage before and almost overnight I started talking about it all the time with my SO and have become a resentful and jealous mess. I've known him for 11 years and dated him consistently for the last 6 and not having a ring all of a sudden made me feel ugly and not good enough, when I was perfectly OK a few weeks ago.
I even secretly cried about it tonight.
It makes no sense that I'd feel this way because 2 years into our relationship I went back to school and just graduated a few months ago, so I haven't even wanted to, or been in a position to, get married until a few months ago.
I think I may be feeling this way due to a combo of possibly not being able to relate to a friend anymore/my time of the month/not having school to distract me anymore/turning 29 this month that's turned me into this monster. Also SEVERAL of our friends have gotten engaged or married in the last 3 years (there have been too many weddings to count recently, we've gone to 9 or 10, 5 in 2012 alone, and that doesn't count the upcoming weddings).

we do plan to get married and have talked about 'when we get married' it's just that almost overnight I started wanting it right now. *sigh*

Kiwi
You are not acting like a monster, you are being human. Your friend's situation is a wakeup call for you and that is a blessing. I don't think you are really jealous of her, I think you are overwhelmed by these new feelings. You have finished school, known this guy 11 years, and have dated him for the past six. If marriage is important to you, it really is time for you and your SO to move to the next level. I surely wouldn't want to turn 30 and not be engaged after dating someone for seven years :nono:.

Sometimes it takes a while for people to permanently break up.
It's really a process for some. So, let them follow their own path...

hopeful, just going through some things. Today is my mom's birthday. Been 7 years since I last saw her. It hurts still that she doesn't want to be a part of my life. But it's not like you can force someone to want to be a mom. I don't like to tell people about it much because people tell you to move on, like you can just forget something like that. Or to "just be happy (fill in the blank)...........

I have other things on my mind as well but don't care to discuss it. :(

Lucie. (((Hugs))). Awww sweet girl, how could anyone not want be your mom? It would be an honor to be your mom. You are just the sweetest, nicest, smartest, prettiest...I would never say get over it to you, never :nono:. A mother denying a daughter is the cruelest thing. Hang in there and PM me anytime. :kiss:

hopeful, thank you. It is quite painful. And the older I get the more it hurts because I need a mom now more than ever. I just hope those that have great moms appreciate them. :)

my grandmother passed and he has been wonderful. he drove down to support me and has been up under me & my family since sunday. fell inlove all over again.

We were talking about a bunch of things and he said "when we get married....." I don't even think he realized he said it. I didn't bring it up to him, I just let it slide. I should be so lucky........

We were talking about a bunch of things and he said "when we get married....." I don't even think he realized he said it. I didn't bring it up to him, I just let it slide. I should be so lucky........

He should be so lucky :). I love that he let that slip.

I think I have strict codes of relationship behavior now that I'm taking this relationship seriously.

I don't see why a "supposed" co-worker (a dispatcher) is texting you after work hours.
You are grown with a child and a girlfriend. Why is she texting you around noon asking you about what you did last night? I'm sorry but thats has to stop. I understand you're not me, but I don't text most of my male friends off work hours or on weekends whether I work with them or not!
AND she's not even a friend and I've never met her. I don't even know how to make him understand that. I just got pissed.

Is that reasonable?

Fine 4s Yes, very reasonable. He still has boundary issues. They are his issues though, not yours. He has to figure out what is appropriate and what isn't, especially if he wants to keep you.

And another thing....

How many of you would be OK with your SO having another woman ride with him on his (motorcycle)????

The look on his face when I said that was unacceptable was like "oh brother" another rule....

I'm starting to think...

And another thing....

How many of you would be OK with your SO having another woman ride with him on his (motorcycle)????

The look on his face when I said that was unacceptable was like "oh brother" another rule....

I'm starting to think...

He cannot be serous? I just can't...

I think I have strict codes of relationship behavior now that I'm taking this relationship seriously.

I don't see why a "supposed" co-worker (a dispatcher) is texting you after work hours.
You are grown with a child and a girlfriend. Why is she texting you around noon asking you about what you did last night? I'm sorry but thats has to stop. I understand you're not me, but I don't text most of my male friends off work hours or on weekends whether I work with them or not!
AND she's not even a friend and I've never met her. I don't even know how to make him understand that. I just got pissed.

Is that reasonable?

Absolutely not! You have every right to be pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back