2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

I had my oral surgery. I hate the dentist and have had so many horrible experiences. I made him breakfast before we left and had a card for him because he's really been so supportive. It took two hours to get those four teeth out. He took off of work to go with me. I appreciate him so much.

I agree, its bc we all branched off into other random thoughts threads. I like it better when everyone was in the same thread, regardless of status (single, married, in relationship. But regardless this is one of my fav threads. I have seen alot of ladies grow within.

tinkat Bingo. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. You're right, it's all the sub-categories. Before, I felt more connected to the ladies, because we were all in one spot. Anyhow, I too, love this one.

Sometimes he's annoying! More I'm just in a mood though...Monica's song keeps playing in my head "just one of days, that a girl goes through, when I'm angry inside don't wanna take it out on you" lol

Anyway, throwing him a lil post marathon party :D
So nervous! it's so...couply but I guess that's what mature relationships look like?

So I've been sick as a dog. And he's been right here. The pain meds are making me sick. He's been rubbing my back while I spill my guts. And my sons father came over to bring them something to eat and he was here. You should have seen the look he gave him.
I guess he thought I would be single forever. ...oh well. He will be acting like an *** now. Showing his true colors.

I went on a date tonight and it was so disappointing.

We've been talking for two weeks. I thought he had a great personality. We get to the restaurant and he looked just as amazing. I looked super cute. After dinner when we were leaving, this guy walked in and stood right in front of us and his shirt was bling blinging. All I said was "That's a nice shirt!" He said, "thanks" and that was it. I didn't even look at his face (he was still turned around). When we walked out of the restaurant he made a HUGE deal about how disrespectful that was and how that shows a lot of my character. :look: I thought the shirt was cute. Big damn deal!! I think I pissed him off when I said, "I'm not insecure enough that if you did the same thing to a chick regarding her shoes, I wouldn't think twice about it.." He was fired up. I mean he really looked like he was about to cry. :nono:

Last edited:
So I've been sick as a dog. And he's been right here. The pain meds are making me sick. He's been rubbing my back while I spill my guts. And my sons father came over to bring them something to eat and he was here. You should have seen the look he gave him.
I guess he thought I would be single forever. ...oh well. He will be acting like an *** now. Showing his true colors.

hope you feel better and i know all too well about the other thing! hope that smoothes over too for you.

hope you feel better and i know all too well about the other thing! hope that smoothes over too for you.

Thanks hairtwin.....I'm still on the rough side of the mountain. And today is the usual day he gets my son and I haven't heard a peep from him. I hate that he would do this. But it's the prime reason we aren't together. No matter what he did to me I always kept things civil as far as our son is concerned....but if he's mad all bets are off.

Thanks hairtwin.....I'm still on the rough side of the mountain. And today is the usual day he gets my son and I haven't heard a peep from him. I hate that he would do this. But it's the prime reason we aren't together. No matter what he did to me I always kept things civil as far as our son is concerned....but if he's mad all bets are off.

Our sons must have the same father. He does the same thing. Once he found out I was in a meaningful relationship, he started nitpicking about everything, confronting me with foolishness, and bailing out on getting his son...AND he is married...lol! I guess he thought not getting his son would force me to change any plans I had with my SO. He's gotten a little better in the last month, but I'm pretty sure he'd prefer if I didn't exist.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Our sons must have the same father. He does the same thing. Once he found out I was in a meaningful relationship, he started nitpicking about everything, confronting me with foolishness, and bailing out on getting his son...AND he is married...lol! I guess he thought not getting his son would force me to change any plans I had with my SO. He's gotten a little better in the last month, but I'm pretty sure he'd prefer if I didn't exist.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I mean why would u do that? We haven't been together in 10 years. No nothing. But I guess he thought as long as I was single he would have a chance. And my son is old enough to know. I will have to talk to him about it and it will break my heart. I'm just like dang grow up....you almost 50 years old and you aren't hurting me, it's hurting your son...

I went on a date tonight and it was so disappointing.

We've been talking for two weeks. I thought he had a great personality. We get to the restaurant and he looked just as amazing. I looked super cute. After dinner when we were leaving, this guy walked in and stood right in front of us and his shirt was bling blinging. All I said was "That's a nice shirt!" He said, "thanks" and that was it. I didn't even look at his face (he was still turned around). When we walked out of the restaurant he made a HUGE deal about how disrespectful that was and how that shows a lot of my character. :look: I thought the shirt was cute. Big damn deal!! I think I pissed him off when I said, "I'm not insecure enough that if you did the same thing to a chick regarding her shoes, I wouldn't think twice about it.." He was fired up. I mean he really looked like he was about to cry. :nono:

girl run. consider this a blessing. it's so early, you're not even invested so no love lost!

I got a message from the previous guy I dated saying that when he thinks of me, sometimes (notice the word) he thinks he made a mistake in not being with me and this heart mourns me like loss loved ones blah blah blah....very poetic lol

Here's the thing he passed me over 3 times!!!! And every time it's the same story. I never understood why because he seemed into me, his people liked me, good chemistry etc. But when I see the ratchedness he picks...clearly HE is insecure because HE could not measure up. And guess what? They all end up cheating on him! Well who knows how this last one will end but...

Well...keep mourning pluyah! Lol

Phone rings (son's father)
Well, if you need anything don't call me.....ask your man. I will do what I want for my son....click....
Smh

He called me and in the background his friend was asking him in kreyol, "Why do you call her so much?" So he said, "Why you worried about how many times I call my lady, fix my car and shut up?!" He didn't realized I picked up. OMG!!! LOL!!! Hi-la-ri-ous!!!

Alright, so apparently he IS very serious about us getting married. My bad homie. He broke it down for me today after i hurt his feelings with a simple comment i made. Whoops!

Sent from the corner pay phone

Well I don't know what happened but its like he had an epiphany and finally decided to spill his heart out LOL. Not like I didnt already know it because he puts up with a lot of shht from me...I dont even think I would put up with that mess from myself. He's such a calm human being that he calms me when Im ready to spaz out about everything. Im glad he finally wised up and realized how good of a catch I am :lol:

I'm always such a hardarse and I know that's my downfall. This time I can't help but feel some remorse. I feel like I'm wrong, so I humbled myself. It was so hard to do, but I definitely feel better knowing that I initiated peace. Even if nothing comes of it, I can sleep better knowing that I tried.

I hadn't talked about my relationship with SO for quite some time here, but I have an update. I ended it yesterday. I hadn't been happy for quite some time and had been avoiding arguments. As much as I love him, and I love him very much, we were just completely incompatible. I want to move to a big city and he wants to live in the country. I want to be closer to God, and he couldn't care less about spirituality. He loves hunting, camping and playing video games (I hate that), I love dancing, basketball and really ratchet music (he hates that). His friends don't like me, and my friends don't care for him too much. We have completely opposite hobbies, habits and interests. And we want different things in life.

So when I brought it up to him yesterday, he seemed to agree with me. I didn't break up with him; it ended up being a mutual decision. I told him that there wasn't anything wrong with him or me, it's just as a couple, I didn't see us lasting. I'd had that feeling for a while, but it was really confirmed last weekend at my cousin's wedding. After seeing how much they loved and cared for one another, I just knew I didn't have that with SO.

I thought he was ok. I was the one sobbing the whole time and he stayed strong. Then he wanted to talk last night and was doing really bad. He asked why I was doing this to him and what can he do to get me back. He didn't do anything. I mean, there are things about him I didn't like, but that's who he is. He can't change who he is to please me. He shouldn't have to.

Y'all, this is so hard for me. He is my first everything: first kiss, first BF, first love, first time; I have no reference point for how I'm feeling or what to do. I never wanted to cause him pain, because I love him so much, but if it wasn't now, it was going to be later. We just weren't meant to stay together.

I feel awful that he doesn't have the support system I have. I was able to talk to lots of friends before and after who helped me keep my spirits up. One is taking me out to dinner tonight. But his friends were like, "f that b, let's play video games." I just feel bad he hasn't no one to discuss his feelings with. :sad:

Last edited:
I hadn't talked about my relationship with SO for quite some time here, but I have an update. I ended it yesterday. I hadn't been happy for quite some time and had been avoiding arguments. As much as I love him, and I love him very much, we were just completely incompatible. I want to move to a big city and he wants to live in the country. I want to be closer to God, and he couldn't care less about spirituality. He loves hunting, camping and playing video games (I hate that), I love dancing, basketball and really ratchet music (he hates that). His friends don't like me, and my friends don't care for him too much. We have completely opposite hobbies, habits and interests. And we want different things in life.

So when I brought it up to him yesterday, he seemed to agree with me. I didn't break up with him; it ended up being a mutual decision. I told him that there wasn't anything wrong with him or me, it's just as a couple, I didn't see us lasting. I'd had that feeling for a while, but it was really confirmed last weekend at my cousin's wedding. After seeing how much they loved and cared for one another, I just knew I didn't have that with SO.

I thought he was ok. I was the one sobbing the whole time and he stayed strong. Then he wanted to talk last night and was doing really bad. He asked why I was doing this to him and what can he do to get me back. He didn't do anything. I mean, there are things about him I didn't like, but that's who he is. He can't change who he is to please me. He shouldn't have to.

Y'all, this is so hard for me. He is my first everything: first kiss, first BF, first love, first time; I have no reference point for how I'm feeling or what to do. I never wanted to cause him pain, because I love him so much, but if it wasn't now, it was going to be later. We just weren't meant to stay together.

I feel awful that he doesn't have the support system I have. I was able to talk to lots of friends before and after who helped me keep my spirits up. One is taking me out to dinner tonight. But his friends were like, "f that b, let's play video games." I just feel bad he hasn't no one to discuss his feelings with. :sad:

I'm so sorry things didn't work out.......it's rough when there's no big reason or breakdown. Just that you two seem to not be compatible. How long were you together?

Back