2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

So... I've been dating this guy for about a month or so. I met his parents yesterday at Easter dinner. I shake hands with his mother and say nice to meet you. I swear she responded with "We'll see". It caught me off guard but I think I played it off well. But it put me in a weird mood for the rest of the evening.

Anyway, I asked him about it in the car on the way home. He said he didn't hear it and his mother wouldn't say anything like that. >insert side eye here<

Now, I could be wrong but I really do think she said that. I've never encountered such a rude introduction.

He just went to walk the dog. Gosh! I love it! Zippy was so sad when he left because he wanted to play more. I appreciate it so much and tomorrow Zippy has a date with his youngest son. :D

Kandake, (((HUGS))) I know that must have felt awkward but pay her no mind. Enjoy what you have with her son.

Kandake, (((HUGS))) I know that must have felt awkward but pay her no mind. Enjoy what you have with her son.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

She did give me a hug on the way out. But I think that's because she was hugging everybody else. I can tell she's a piece of work and she don't play about her sons.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

She did give me a hug on the way out. But I think that's because she was hugging everybody else. I can tell she's a piece of work and she don't play about her sons.

Sounds like a snippet of what I have heard about bf's mom. I can't wait to see how that meeting plays out.

Last edited:
I bought my plane ticket to my grandmother's house for her birthday about a month ago. Today he kept asking me flight details. Ok, ignore.

PS he sends me an email with an itinerary for HIM joining me for my grandmother's bday! This confirms how much he values me and sees himself as part of my family. I didn't even have to ask him to go, he just knew.

I'll ignore the last minute decision (smh) he can't plan to save his life! We leave Wednesday and he buys on Monday lol

Wow, this feeling....

Sounds like a snippet of what I have heard abou bf's mom. I can't wait to see how that meeting plays out.

I hope you have a pleasant meeting when the time comes.

As for your new bf, he sounds wonderful. I know I've said it before but I'm happy for you.

I hope you have a pleasant meeting when the time comes.

As for your new bf, he sounds wonderful. I know I've said it before but I'm happy for you.

LOL!
I'm lightweight dreading it. Only because he's really close with her. But he already said, I don't give a rat's behind how she feels, cause it's me and YOU! :lachen:
She just sounds like a character. Nothing mean or anything. But I'm of the belief that we are wayyyy past grown. I ain't gonna let her put a damper on anything.
Thank you so much again.
I can't believe that we found each other (on POF of all places)
LOL. He's amazing.

I had a question about something and he gave me such good advice! He wants to go to Buttermilk Channel tonight but I don't think we will make it in time to eat. They close at 10. Maybe we'll go see Temptation.

Still in love and loving him to pieces at almost 15 months in. He's been spoiling me rotten lately, as usual, and I'm loving it. So much so, my close friends are starting to tell me that I'm spoiled. Little do they know that I spoil him just as much...and it's not always with the material and costly things that we spoil each other.

Girl I told yall POF....:lachen: yeah I know...lol

I met my SO on there too. Believe it or not I think quite a few ladies met there SO on there despite the crazies on there.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I met my SO on there too. Believe it or not I think quite a few ladies met there SO on there despite the crazies on there.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Let me tell you. Yall know about the shenanigans from the single ladies support thread. I have met a bunch of losers. But if I had to go through all of that to meet this man I have now, I would do it again in a HEARTBEAT!

Let me tell you. Yall know about the shenanigans from the single ladies support thread. I have met a bunch of losers. But if I had to go through all of that to meet this man I have now, I would do it again in a HEARTBEAT!

Yep! Met my Love on POF too!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

GET OUT!
I didn't know that! I thought your SO was the dude you worked with for some reason?

Girl, no. I have had two guys at work interested in me in the past year that I have mentioned on here. One is gone, thank God! But the the other one is still there....and he is STILL hell bent on snagging me. I actually made a short post about him a few weeks ago. But MY beau, he found me on POF almost 2 Decembers ago.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

After going through a bad breakup with my ex and during my coping time I got cozy with a co-worker - I'll call him the Capricorn. The Capricorn was okay in the beginning - love notes, dates, etc but now he seems like she is slacking. He has a very hot temper and he wants to move entirely too fast with me. I do like him but I'm starting to think he is not worth the trouble he is. And I still think I am not mentally or emotionally prepared to go to the next level. I have baggage I can't seem to rid myself of.

You live in a glass house yet you are throwing stones. I kept my life 100. Nothing to hide. Consider yourself blessed because I could shuffle your life around and leave your glass house with nothing but the beams that support it.

Back