He said I have these eyes
not wooing, but magnetizing
They make him yearn to know the depths
so he sits– wondering, analyzing.
He said. He said
no other will suffice
I must be his alone
no other man shall I entice.​

He calls me every morning but this morning he asked what I wanted for breakfast. I hightailed it into the shower, let my hair down, put on my cutest work dress and by the time he came by, he told me I looked great. LOL! That was so sweet of him to bring me food. He knows I don't cook. :D

Last edited:
Learning a lot about myself in this process. I have self sabotaged in a lot of instances. Thankful for every little bit of growth!

Counting down the days. SO is off from Thursday to Wednesday for the Easter weekend and it coincides with both of our birthdays also :grin:

I have to have some pretty extensive oral surgery on the 12th. I will have just moved into my new place on 6th. His response "I'll take care of you!"
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :reddancer:

Also,
last night he texts me and tells me he's showing my picture to everybody!
I say well who is everybody!
Aunts, Brother, Mother, Cousins, etc.
I'm like DANG!
But it felt good that he was proud to show me off and tell everyone about me.

Learning a lot about myself in this process. I have self sabotaged in a lot of instances. Thankful for every little bit of growth!

This! Im mad old but quite immature in the relationship area. Here's to growing up relationship-wise!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
We had a really bad argument tonight.:sad: At the end of our convo , he asked me if I was starting to resent him because there aren't many jobs in his city for me. :sad: I didn't respond and he told me he couldn't handle me feeling that way. Long sigh......... This really sucks, but I do feel resentment starting to build. :sad:

I had THEE WORST period of my life. Near death ladies! Seriously. I have a high threshold for pain but had to go to the ER on Tuesday after being at work for only 20 minutes. He has been so caring. I just got back to work today and he called to let me know he is on the way to my house to walk the dog because he knows my uncle is away.

Yesterday, he took me to Ruth's Chris Steak House and shopping. Gosh, the food was good. He is learning so much about me and what I like. :)

I had THEE WORST period of my life. Near death ladies! Seriously. I have a high threshold for pain but had to go to the ER on Tuesday after being at work for only 20 minutes. He has been so caring. I just got back to work today and he called to let me know he is on the way to my house to walk the dog because he knows my uncle is away.

Yesterday, he took me to Ruth's Chris Steak House and shopping. Gosh, the food was good. He is learning so much about me and what I like. :)

Lucie
Awe...(for your pain)
Awe...(for your romance)

How long have you two been dating?

Try again they said, it'll be better this time. :rolleyes: Nope. No having it. I'll try this again after I'm done getting my degrees. :look:

A thread in OT has me thinking, I don't think I react properly to death.

Think it's a part of my attachment issues. Nonetheless, it makes me feel bad and inadequate that I can't always share in the sympathies and memories. I sorta just go blank. Nothing to say, Nothing to feel. My brain presses *delete* on all the memories I have of someone once it's known they are dead or at least dead to me. It's over. They are over. The end. I don't mean it in a cold way, it's just that I hate dwelling on pain, I always want to move on or at least forget. Still makes me feel bad I react this way.... My mom and gma say it's ok but come one, look at how they are.....

I wonder if my aunt and cousin are upset with me since my cousin's murder 3 weeks ago. i'm not cold-hearted and cold-blooded, it's just that I fear my reactions make me appear that way sometimes....

I think I need to send my aunt a present......

Last edited:
Spending time with mini me (or so y'all say). We are hitting the Oz movie in an hour then getting Yogurtland and some lunch.

Sent from the corner pay phone

*Long deep Sigh*

what to do when:
- everything looks good on paper and dude is so ready to get married. ..but you are not?
- you tell him you're not sure you will ever get married. ..but he "won't give up on you"?
- you tried to break up with him 5 months ago and he begged you to not make it official and to think about it some more?
- you're confused about whether it's better to "settle" than be single. And is it really settling if it's a good man who treats you well?

A thread in OT has me thinking, I don't think I Qreact properly to death.

Think it's a part of my attachment issues. Nonetheless, it makes me feel bad and inadequate that I can't always share in the sympathies and memories. I sorta just go blank. Nothing to say, Nothing to feel. My brain presses *delete* on all the memories I have of someone once it's known they are dead or at least dead to me. It's over. They are over. The end. I don't mean it in a cold way, it's just that I hate dwelling on pain, I always want to move on or at least forget. Still makes me feel bad I react this way.... My mom and gma say it's ok but come one, look at how they are.....

I wonder if my aunt and cousin are upset with me since my cousin's murder 3 weeks ago. i'm not cold-hearted and cold-blooded, it's just that I fear my reactions make me appear that way sometimes....

I think I need to send my aunt a present......

I am the same way! I tend to just block it. I grieve for a few days, probably until the funeral, and then it's back to life as usual. I can't figure out if it's a good or a bad thing.

*Long deep Sigh*

what to do when:
- everything looks good on paper and dude is so ready to get married. ..but you are not?
- you tell him you're not sure you will ever get married. ..but he "won't give up on you"?
- you tried to break up with him 5 months ago and he begged you to not make it official and to think about it some more?
- you're confused about whether it's better to "settle" than be single. And is it really settling if it's a good man who treats you well?

girl i hear you. however with settling, is that really settling when he treats you well and he meets all of your other criteria, no? you're just not ready to get married....?

I try talking to my BFF about my situation(s) but she doesn't understand. Then she gets mad when I nicely tell her that she isn't going to understand. She's had a boyfriend since junior year of high school. She really will not understand.

From my FB Timeline

Real love is having arguments or disagreements and you still hold each other at night. Real love isn’t complicated…Real love is respectful, never betrays, hurts, abuses verbally, physically or emotionally…It is selfless, patient, forgiving, trusting, protecting, it seeks, initiates peace and reconciliation. Real love puts ego, pride and stubbornness aside for the betterment of the relationship, allows you to never go to bed mad at one another, does not make you want to leave, go out in the streets, or hang with the boys or girls. Real love keeps you home where you know you should be!

Simply put, real love is correct actions, proper treatment and respectful behavior. Is your Love Real?

12 WAYS TO NURTURE YOUR PARTNER BY SHARING

1. Enjoy some quality time together every day..
2. Do a special project together..
3. Develop a new interest in common..
4. Learn more about one another's work..Share the challenges and the rewards...
5. Enjoy a special date together once a week..Plan for it...
6. Listen to him or her attentively without interrupting..
7. Be understanding..Share Your feelings say "I Care, Love You"
8. Make Plans and set goals together...
9. Do House work or Yard work together and make it fun..
10. Study communication skills together and practice them..
11. Treat Your partner the way You would treat Your best friend..(Your partner should be your best friend)
12. Pray together, grow in Faith,Share a Ministry together...

Back