2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

My dude....:love:....my son spilled hot grease all over his thigh.....he's like "where are you I'm on my way".........never experienced someone ready to jump in at the drop of a hat.....it feels so good to have someone truly in your corner

Oh no, I hope he's ok.

That's so sweet. :)

How's it going with you @MzLady78? I haven't been on here in a while, but I see you haven't posted much either. What's new?

Hey chica, thanks for asking. :)

I mainly post in the single ladies thread. Not much going on, trying to move on from the last dude I was dealing with. That saga is well documented in that thread. :look:

Where/how have you been?

Hey chica, thanks for asking. :)

I mainly post in the single ladies thread. Not much going on, trying to move on from the last dude I was dealing with. That saga is well documented in that thread. :look:

Where/how have you been?

I totally understand about trying to move on. I was just dealing with a failing relationship, trying to patch it up, but there were too many holes when I looked at it, so had to let it go. So, I'm single again. Back to the drawing board. It's ok though. I'm not sad. I'm happy for so many other things in my life and good people, so I'm taking the stance of being grateful for what I have. I'll have to go peek into the single ladies thread now, I guess, LOL.

I want to trust my instincts but I've been so tired lately that im not sure my gut has got it together. something isn't adding up though, and my snooping has got me nowhere

I know you read my page. LOL!

Hence why you came by my job today because you knew I was all alone. I wanted to see you and you did exactly what I wanted you to do. Acting like you were done with 2 huge books and just wanted to drop them off. You miss me! I miss you a lil' bit too! *HUGE SMILE*

I totally understand about trying to move on. I was just dealing with a failing relationship, trying to patch it up, but there were too many holes when I looked at it, so had to let it go. So, I'm single again. Back to the drawing board. It's ok though. I'm not sad. I'm happy for so many other things in my life and good people, so I'm taking the stance of being grateful for what I have. I'll have to go peek into the single ladies thread now, I guess, LOL.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're doing ok.

I still love this thread and the ladies that post in it, but it can be tough when your love life is sucking monkey balls. :lol:

So God and I had a talk last night. I told him that I didn't believe he would bring someone into my life that had everything I've ever asked for in a man just for him to not work out. I then told him that if its supposed to work out it will and to somehow show me a sign (I hate saying that in prayers by the way, not sure why but anywho) and I wake up with a text from him this morning asking me how about my day and how I'm doing. I really like him but I can't deal with inconsistency.

So God and I had a talk last night. I told him that I didn't believe he would bring someone into my life that had everything I've ever asked for in a man just for him to not work out. I then told him that if its supposed to work out it will and to somehow show me a sign (I hate saying that in prayers by the way, not sure why but anywho) and I wake up with a text from him this morning asking me how about my day and how I'm doing. I really like him but I can't deal with inconsistency.

SuchaLady Just my two cents worth. I did this a lot when I was younger, I would be so excited about the "sign". And them contacting you was always a good sign. Getting back together based on a sign was ok till the next weekend when he did the same thing and the cycle was off again. Those relationships were not working for a reason.

I've realized that behavior is the biggest sign I need, show me who you are I believe you :yep:

I really try not to give relationship advice here, except when I see someone repeating a mistake I have 100% made.

Thank you ivyness :kiss: I don't really do relationships so if he doesn't get it together then I'm okay. If he does I will still be okay :lol: He felt it was absurd that I thought he wasn't interested. He did tell me he wasn't much of a communicator and its proving to be true. In person he will talk your head clear off though :lol: I'm fine with either outcome of this really :look:

Also he is older than I am and he made it clear that he doesn't have time to waste and he would not be sticking around if he wasn't interested because he wants to get married. Soon :look: As I type this out it really just sounds like a communication issue. I will let time tell. Thank you ladies

SuchaLady Just my two cents worth. I did this a lot when I was younger, I would be so excited about the "sign". And them contacting you was always a good sign. Getting back together based on a sign was ok till the next weekend when he did the same thing and the cycle was off again. Those relationships were not working for a reason.

I've realized that behavior is the biggest sign I need, show me who you are I believe you :yep:

I really try not to give relationship advice here, except when I see someone repeating a mistake I have 100% made.

Yep. Those "signs" kept me in a bad situation way longer than necessary. I found it much more helpful to ask for wisdom & discernment.

We have a date tonight. Dominican food. Can't wait! What should I wear?! I have NO-THING to wear! ;(

Several things.

Okay, I'm still laughing about our adventure Sunday. We went to an outlet mall about an hour away so on the ride back we were listening to ratchet music. HE'S SUCH A NERD. But then he's ratchet. It's kinda hot :look: Sophistiratchet. So "Bands a Make her Dance" comes on Pandora and he's about think I'm uncomfortable and change it but I say "I like this song :look:" and so it plays. Um..............I had never heard the unedited version :look: Anyway, we've been acting silly all day and so at a red light when one part of the song comes on he rapped along with the music and did the claps. You know like the hood guys do. In the video. With the face. IDK why thats so fuuuuuuuunnnny to me. I always think he's so uptight that's why. Not uptight in a bad way, but he's all "I watch PBS. Jim Lehrer? That's my boy! History Channel? Oh :blah: :blah:" and I'm all "ey! So on this blog today, Beyonce was like :blah: :blah:" lol So I went to his office today and he's all SUCH A NERD (like he's supposed to be :look:) and I just wanted to fall out laughing. *clap* *clap* *clap*

I've been to his office before but it's normally after hours when only his work friend is there so today everybody was there and when he introduced me one lady was like "We didn't think you really existed :look:"

He texted my momma when I didn't eat his spaghetti and she said "She's like that. I will pray for you. :)" I love that he has picked up on how much I love my mom (and dad. But I don't really see him just texting my dad...:look:) and wants to include her. But this texting...whenever I stop laughing and think about it I'm like hmm...IDK about all that, now :look:

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Last edited:
My 1st post divorce relationship is officially over.:sad:. We aren't on the same page spiritually and I have to be obedient to where Christ is leading me.

I am grateful for the lessons I learned and the fun times we shared.

This dude is really SO sweet. He knows I am collecting Snapple bottle tops (errrr don't ask) and he bought me a ton of Snapple to help me along. He also got me a Nook! We both had such a nice dinner. We were watching some baseball game, DR vs. PR in the restaurant and we rooted for DR as it is right next door to Haiti, LOL! He finds it endearing that I cannot parallel park with him in the car but do fine with everyone else. Gosh, just typing this I am having flashbacks of our night and am grinning like a Cheshire cat. He loved my skinny jeans, crop top, blazer outfit. :D

He said he does not like that fact that I don't have a last name on FB and that his last name would be nice next to my name. I acted all cool and giggly but on the inside I was like :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :grin:

Last edited:
This dude is really SO sweet. He knows I am collecting Snapple bottle tops (errrr don't ask) and he bought me a ton of Snapple to help me along. He also got me a Nook! We both had such a nice dinner. We were watching some baseball game, DR vs. PR in the restaurant and we rooted for DR as it is right next door to Haiti, LOL! He finds it endearing that I cannot parallel park with him in the car but do fine with everyone else. Gosh, just typing this I am having flashbacks of our night and am grinning like a Cheshire cat. He loved my skinny jeans, crop top, blazer outfit. :D

He said he does not like that fact that I don't have a last name on FB and that his last name would be nice next to my name. I acted all cool and giggly but on the inside I was like :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :grin:

hercules-nutty-professor-o.gif

:reddancer: so happy for you!!!!!!

we just got back from our cruise. i swear we were like honeymooners. walking hand & hand or arm & arm everywhere. lots of time in the cabin lol. He wouldnt let me out of his site :lol: He said he is so blessed to have me and thanks God for me ..sigh. Next week we are going to see Motown w/ his parents. I'm so use to crying or being frustrated in relationships..it almost doesn't seem right that everything is wonderful with this one and Im so happy lol.

Oh Geesh! This is all I need. Someone new expressed his interest in me today and he is a co-worker.. He's tall, handsome, articulate, and intelligent... And he's trying me with everything in him. He knows I have a boyfriend....that I love and I'm happy with.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Back