2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

I hear you JNSQ, but at the same time if I had to find out if it was OK to visit my SO, I'd give him the side eye eventhough I have a key. I still let him know IF and WHEN I decide to come over but it's more like a statement and not a question though lol....

he's riding a bike and i dont like it one bit.:nono: i dont like the idea of him driving a car (he's a horrible driver) let alone a motocycle.

I hear you JNSQ, but at the same time if I had to find out if it was OK to visit my SO, I'd give him the side eye eventhough I have a key. I still let him know IF and WHEN I decide to come over but it's more like a statement and not a question though lol....

i hear you, but he has no idea what i'm doing during the week. for example dd has tutoring at the local college the day he wanted to come over. At least make sure it's ok. I don't know. this relationship mess is hard. i'm finding it hard to keep things seperate as far as what a wife would do compared to what a gf would do. I don't want to make myself so accessible nor do wifely type things on a regular basis. I feel like maybe i'm just doing this all wrong sometimes.

I don't think you are wrong. If drop ins are ok, it should be a mutual decision.

i never ever just drop in on him. I couldn't anyway as he lives in a secure high rise. The concierge would need to call him for permission for me to come up or i'd need to call him and tell him to come down and get me. If i can't do it why does he feel he can just do the same? Plus i would always call anyway and ask him if it's ok. Not because i need permission or feel he would say no, it's more just out of respect really, nothing more.

I have some of the best friends ever. I didn't even realize how many people cared. Despite the disappointment of being dumped, I had a really good weekend. :yep:

i never ever just drop in on him. I couldn't anyway as he lives in a secure high rise. The concierge would need to call him for permission for me to come up or i'd need to call him and tell him to come down and get me. If i can't do it why does he feel he can just do the same? Plus i would always call anyway and ask him if it's ok. Not because i need permission or feel he would say no, it's more just out of respect really, nothing more.

I think its rude to say I'm coming at such and such a time without checking if it's suitable first, but that's just me. I know some people are cool with it, but I'm not lol. SO always says yes, but I still phrase it like "I was thinking of coming around tomorrow at 6pm, is that OK?". It's a manners thing more than anything else. I appreciate this style too from friends, family and SO.

There's no wrong, or right in this situation. If you want to be asked, set your boundary:yep:. If this boundary is partially to do with pre marriage conditions, just try not to be irate. Calm and firm.

he's riding a bike and i dont like it one bit.:nono: i dont like the idea of him driving a car (he's a horrible driver) let alone a motocycle.

I feel exactly the same. Although SO is a decent driver he uses speed sometimes and gets road rage -_-

When we first, FIRST got together I remember he opened his mouth to say " I've always wanted to ride a motor.."

I just said "NO!".:lol: I'm not having a relationship or potentially having a family with a dude who rides a motorbike. He agreed with me that it wasn't safe and I haven't heard a peep about it since. There's plenty of other potentially dangerous sports and activities he likes, but I had to draw the line at what I can take.

Someone has an attitude for selfish reasons. We had a "date" :look: last nite, before bed....then early in the wee hours in the morning and briefly before I got out the bed (at the last minute before every minute thereafter counted). :drunk: he still wanted more:blush: I told him we'd pick up where we left off when I get home:yep:

And for the record I was 4min late :look:

i hear you, but he has no idea what i'm doing during the week. for example dd has tutoring at the local college the day he wanted to come over. At least make sure it's ok. I don't know. this relationship mess is hard. i'm finding it hard to keep things seperate as far as what a wife would do compared to what a gf would do. I don't want to make myself so accessible nor do wifely type things on a regular basis. I feel like maybe i'm just doing this all wrong sometimes.

Nah, I'm sure you're doing it right.
I struggle between wife and gf things too so...I did confirm my attendance at the Essence Festival this year with the gals :look:
Not so pleased he was...

Fine 4s said:
Nah, I'm sure you're doing it right.
I struggle between wife and gf things too so...I did confirm my attendance at the Essence Festival this year with the gals :look:
Not so pleased he was...

Ooh wee :lol: you gonna get it!!

Yeah, some aspects are a struggle for me. But I do live my life when I want. I see nothing wrong with that.

Sent from the corner pay phone

daddy issues? mama issues?

I finally opened the birthday card my dad left me on my bday. I didn't have the courage to open it all the way, A bunch of money fell out and I peeked in and saw a long essay a phone number (didnt read it bc I never completely took the card out the envelope.

IDK. I've been running from my father since I can remember. The one person that remembers my birthday and every holiday--rain or shine. Running from my father yet chasing my mother, the woman that gave me a Christmas present a month late and still has yet to give me a birthday present even though she sees me everyday.......

I wish you all of the best. If my words and actions cannot convince you than nothing else will.

I understand you are concerned about your skin but here's a tip: Let go of your grudges, bitterness and rancor. Until then, your glow will only come from a bottle/jar.

Your birthday is coming and I will not call you when you are home. You have sufficiently traumatized me to the point that my nose bleeds at the mere thought of you. I hope you enjoy your gift.

I have always been an avid reader but reading and writing are my new addiction. The minute I have free time, I am writing and reading.

I got yellow roses yesterday.....just because. Never mind the little boy in the background picking something out of his teeth..aka my son/my world. He LOVES a photo op...lol

image-1435307109.jpg

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Well a phone call just brought mine to a crashing end. He "hates disappointing me...blah, blah, blah". He's a grown behind man so I'm neither accepting nor making excuses for him anymore. He forgot my birthday, I waited 2 days and then was like um...hello! He just said, "Sorry, happy bday" via text. No sir! I'll miss him but...oh well. How do they say it...don't make someone a priority who makes you an option! Lord give me peace, strength and power to move on...quickly.

It's my Spring Break starting now. I will be going back home and if I don't go on at least one date we will have to reevaluate us :look:

I had to have a talk with my 10 year old son. This is the first time in a long time that I have been going out, on the phone seriously seeing someone. Everyday he asks me "mamma are you staying with me home tonight?"
He knows something is up. And I haven't even been gone more than once or twice a week. He doesn't wanna share his mamma! :lachen:

I'm so impatient this week. Like if I have to wait a few minutes for something I get pissy:look:. Tryna keep it under wraps. I think he's noticed, but is being forgiving.

Took me to work last night to show me around (unofficially). He was proud and talking science/cryogenics and I didn't understand much, but pretended to as usual:lol: Very cool though. Feel happy.

Before Lent started I suggested to SO that we cut out sex (focus on God, be more disciplined, yada, yada...) until Easter. He agreed and said that he was thinking of doing the same thing. Today he mentions that he notices that we're so much more productive and that he's "looking at the rate we've been growing financially, w/ career, school, etc. and that we've been far more focused/determined in general since 'no sex' started, if this is working continuing it may be something to consider"......

Why oh why did I open my big mouth????? AND I'm taking Maca too! It's been under a week since I started but I just did used the search function on here and found out that it sometimes throws libido into hyperdrive..... :wallbash:

I think it may be over tonight. Almost a year together and nothing to show for it. Im ready to pack my bags and go back home, because he, and this job of mine, can suck it. He knows what he needs to do, but for whatever reason, he just wants to play that damn PS3 whenever he gets a chance. I've had it.

Got conned into going with him to his friends house for a bbq for said friends dad. Ummm it was all men the few women(SO to the other men) that were there....one left to go to the hospital, the other went to her sisters house. WTF?!???
Needless to say he appreciated me staying and not fussing. I told him it's LOVE and the fact that I drove is why I stayed.

Going out of town tomorrow and I'm going to miss him like crazy...2 freaking weeks! I was excited to go buy the closer it got to tomorrow the less excited I got.

I really love being with him. It's so crazy. At lunch yesterday, when the server came to bring the check she was like "aw, yall are just so happy to be sitting here just talking. Stop it! But, no, don't stop." He always says how people comment about us being in our own little world and I'm like wth are you talking about? :look: :giggle:

My dude....:love:....my son spilled hot grease all over his thigh.....he's like "where are you I'm on my way".........never experienced someone ready to jump in at the drop of a hat.....it feels so good to have someone truly in your corner

Back