2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

Uhm.. I've been so busy w/ work that I don't even have time to look at a man, but I'm lonely now!

Time to hit the dating scene and finally return the calls and texts that I received this week.

Oh and youtube is making me depressed! I'm looking at all of these wedding reception videos and I'm sad y'all. :(

Hopefully, y'all have been having a lot of luck! *off to catch up on y'all's love life*

I thought dating a more 'mature' man would make my life easier. This man is more childish than the early twenty-something men I'm used to dealing with. How are you nearly thirty and still playing high school games? Sorry, but..

tumblr_mge1zdGCuB1rkktmbo1_500.gif

He must really be mad since he's been ignoring me all day...Im really trying to figure out HTH he has the nerve to be mad though? Erghhhh sometimes I really wonder if its all worth it. I know he just wants me to be happy but...

I feel happy. Affectionate, loving times.

Counselling is going well too. Dealing with old communication issues I've had because of my childhood and he is facing some of his also. Feels good to deal with this finally. Not just in the context of SO's, but old Mummy issues that I didn't feel ready to face when younger.

Grateful I have a loving man who is right along with me writing the journals and doing the exercises :lol:. Best of all being introspective (realizing he isn't right all the damn time:look:). Some stuff is difficult to remember to do differently when we disagree on something, but we are getting there slowly.

We had a really great weekend..... He told me that his life feels complete since he met me, and now everything in his world makes sense.

He makes me feel like this most beautiful girl in the world. It is an amazing feel to be in love with your best friend.... Until next weekend.

His mother has pushed me to my limit and I have resolved in my heart and mind that I am no longer deal with her. I will be on a hi and by basis only with her.

I am concerned about the impact this will have on my relationship with my SO but I have to do what is best for me.

His mother has pushed me to my limit and I have resolved in my heart and mind that I am no longer deal with her. I will be on a hi and by basis only with her.

I am concerned about the impact this will have on my relationship with my SO but I have to do what is best for me.

Good for you. :yep: Feed her with a long-handled spoon. You can be sweet and distant. I've done this with multiple people through the years and it works. The other person adjusts and finds someone else to bother. You are just setting boundaries with her which is good.

I guess he is a bit miffed with me but boo you don't have "hubby" type allowances in this situation. He told me today that he was coming over tomorrow and got mad when I told him he could at least ask me first. I never tell him I'm coming over. I always make sure it's ok or what have you. Am I in the wrong?

Sent from the corner pay phone

This man.....he was the first one I called when I got my good news.. and he says "I never doubted for a minute...I'm so proud of you!" Awwwww

chocolat79

Oh no! Do you think that the friendship is repairable?

Keshieshimmer- I'm not sure. According to my male friends, it seems like he got his feelings hurt. They seem to think it was just an ego thing...so we'll see.

OAN: I'm single again. I was on hiatus trying to make this relationship work, but in the end, it's not going to work and more importantly, I don't want to work at it. That's the real reason it won't work. I'm tired and I'm done. But I'm happy with my decision and I'm moving on!
I'll be catching up in here because I KNOW I've missed a lot, but I'll probably just lurk for a little while.

Congrats to any new and successful relationships that I've missed and for those who have ended relationships, there is someone out there better for you!

Last edited:
I'm learning a lot about my relationships with some of the men in my life.
I need to let go!

I looked up to my ex like a father figure (gross I know) because he taught me so much. A part of me still wants to learn and still wants advice from him. But he's manipulative IMO and the simplest interaction I don't trust. So WHY do I still need him around? Even from a far for help or advice with work or business related matters or to even get up to speed with current events. He's brilliant! The relationship was toxic then and toxic now...

Just move on!!!!!

I guess he is a bit miffed with me but boo you don't have "hubby" type allowances in this situation. He told me today that he was coming over tomorrow and got mad when I told him he could at least ask me first. I never tell him I'm coming over. I always make sure it's ok or what have you. Am I in the wrong?

Sent from the corner pay phone

I don't think you are wrong. If drop ins are ok, it should be a mutual decision.

Back