2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

:cry:

My show that I've been working on for two months opens tomorrow. I've been really stressed and uncharacteristically pessimistic :look: this past week. I just got home to flowers with a beautiful card. The card has a quote from the play :cry: I can't :cry:

Last edited:
I finally get to celebrate Valentines Day with my SO tonight. He is back in town and of course I forgot to take the T-Bone steaks that he requested out of the freezer. :look:

Getting on my damn nerves talking about "good morning". :rolleyes: you know I'm on my period. Leave me the hell alone :look: :lol:

Sent from the corner pay phone

I'm beginning to understand that behaving and feeling lonely is not the same thing as actually being lonely.

I'm noticing that I behave very lonely. like a lonely person who is physically alone or isolated. in reality that's not always the case. I like one on one interaction. I deal with everyone in that manner. I don't deal with groups. All of this means that usually when I'm interacting with anyone that they have my undivided attention. Everyone thinks they are the only one, family, friend or lover. when someone is around me, I think I sorta make it feel like they are my world.....like they are my everything and only thing.....

I'm noticing that people are often surprised that in the midst of everything, in reality I'm usually physically surrounded by people or am giving of my time/attention to others as well in my personal life. not sure what that means, but it came to mind.....not sure if it's a flaw, defense mechanism, good or bad, but I've noticed it's an inaccurate perception I give off......

my entire life is compartmentalized. I don't know how to merge everything together.....

Last edited:
I love *sometimes* how we get on each others nerves. He will tell me the silliest mess and I'll tell him to go sit it down somewhere. The laughs we have when a joke just clicks are amazing. I can sing something annoying or make a stupid noise and it cracks him up. I really do feel like this man who has dragged me through hell and heaven really is my best friend. I hope that our relationship continues on an upward path. The fact that he always has my back every single time means a lot to me.

SO just called to tell me that he got us tickets to see Wicked. I've been wanting months for them to go on sale in our city. :yay: :love3:

melisandre said:
SO just called to tell me that he got us tickets to see Wicked. I've been wanting months for them to go on sale in our city. :yay: :love3:

You are going to love it!!!!!! I'm happy for you

Abut my emotional detachment:

"It's like you block them out...like you only have so much space on your hard drive, so you delete the files not currently in use......But the heart isn't a hard drive babe...some people should be allowed to be in ROM. you put everyone in RAM....so once you power down, all the memory is lost lol"
-one of my BFFs

A lot to think about......

i just want to be alone. i know i'm not in a good place right now and my energy is quite negative. i just need to get through this period of my life....alone. i shouldn't bring you into my madness. i have no patience, am extremely irritable and feel like I need a break. not just from you but from everyone and everything, life included.

I took a day off of work which was needed. My daddy was in town training for work and we went out to eat. He mentioned that twin seems like a good guy based off of his conversation with him. He wants to meet him. I am happy about it. Despite the distance I am happy with him. I am being patient bc one day we will be together.

barbiesocialite, that sounds familiar. I'm working on my detachment and it's great!! A friend asked me, "what do you really have to lose?" ... which left me like: "well... dammit, what DO I??" So, I've been making a concerted effort:yep:

I'm not gonna lie, some days I check out, but it's nice that some people are patient with me. One person used to say: Listen, I won't always be able to bounce back from you being cold toward me... And that used to scare me a little... the thought of pushing him away for good. I learned to mirror that person's behavior toward me... to learn to be warmer. I'm so glad I did.

These days I'm being open because I want to be, and it feels really nice. I.feel less anxious about my openness because I am taking on the mindset that I don't have much to lose by doing so.

What are your worries abt being open, if you don't mind me asking?

Can't believe I won't see him again till May this is the part I hate about long distance come August we won't have these issues

Had a great day today. Went to the batting cages amongst other things. Won't be doing that again for a whole unless my hair is slicked into a bun :lol:

@barbiesocialite, that sounds familiar. I'm working on my detachment and it's great!! A friend asked me, "what do you really have to lose?" ... which left me like: "well... dammit, what DO I??" So, I've been making a concerted effort:yep:

I'm not gonna lie, some days I check out, but it's nice that some people are patient with me. One person used to say: Listen, I won't always be able to bounce back from you being cold toward me... And that used to scare me a little... the thought of pushing him away for good. I learned to mirror that person's behavior toward me... to learn to be warmer. I'm so glad I did.

These days I'm being open because I want to be, and it feels really nice.I.feel less anxious about my openness because I am taking on the mindset that I don't have much to lose by doing so.

What are your worries abt being open, if you don't mind me asking?

@CarLiTa
by nature I'm a very private person. I also have a low pain/distress/discomfort tolerance. When there are people/things/situations that I dislike or dont sit well with me, I don't see why it's necessarry to remember such circumstances. I'd rather forget and keep.it.movin. the end.

the conversation came up initally because apparently my bff #2 found it disturbing I dont remember much about my exes (including their last names) and bff #1 a few days before thinks its odd she talks to my friends more than I do (i havent talked to some of my previous closest friends in 4 or 5 years).

whatever. I don't have time for sh*t. I live my life. I do me. Everyone else wants me to be held down my ball and chain to others. I just want to be loved when I meet certain people and thats it......

Finally back at home and not missing him:look:.

I didn't want to leave him, but once I got back to my hometown and I'm surrounded by my own things.. I feel great to be back LOL. It'll wear off eventually, but I'm loving me time.

his friend described me as bubbly and hyper.

miscommunication. :look:

I am not. maybe this is why people don't understand times when I'm depressed because I don't appear that way when they interact with me.

Back