2013 Whats happening Relationship Folks

Me too. I love my SO, but it's been one year. Its been 10 years with her (bff).

If there was some kind of predicament and I had to choose to only be able to know one of them, I'd choose her. :perplexed Sounds crazy, but I'm glad I'm not one of those that devalues long term friends at a sniff of a new man.

Vanthie my bff was in that predicament before and she chose me. When it was time for she her to get married I gracefully bowed out/demonized myself as it was all I knew to do :ohwell::nono:

Vanthie my bff was in that predicament before and she chose me. When it was time for she her to get married I gracefully bowed out/demonized myself as it was all I knew to do :ohwell::nono:

As long as she knows thats what you were doing. I suppose it was necessary for her happiness :yep:.

I'm slightly in that situation although not as serious. SO is side eyeing bff based on first impressions (which I think he's TOTALLY misread).
If it came down to it I'd choose her, but that doesn't mean SO isn't good for my happiness and my future :ohwell: I get why you'd step back in that circumstance.

As long as she knows thats what you were doing. I suppose it was necessary for her happiness :yep:.

I'm slightly in that situation although not as serious. SO is side eyeing bff based on first impressions (which I think he's TOTALLY misread).
If it came down to it I'd choose her, but that doesn't mean SO isn't good for my happiness and my future :ohwell: I get why you'd step back in that circumstance.

@ the bolded, no I don't think she knows that was what it was.

but about the rest of your post, you guys sound very similar to what happened with me and my bff and her DH.

I love my bff and I miss her. At the same time, I am someone that has been trained to believe they are innately flawed. I'm very frightened and worried at the thought that I might be put in a position where it's me against him again. :sad:

I know it's none of my business but please me sure to maintain being mindful and to tread lightly on this. more than one heart can be broken.

Last edited:
@ the bolded, no I don't think she knows that was what it was.

but about the rest of your post, you guys sound very similar to what happened with me and my bff and her DH.

I love my bff and I miss her. At the same time, I am someone that has been trained to believe they are innately flawed. I'm very frightened and worried at the thought that I might be put in a position where it's me against him again. :sad:

I know it's none of my business but please me sure to maintain being mindful and to tread lightly on this. more than one heart can be broken.

You are not innately flawed! I used to think that way about myself:nono:.

Being honest, I'm surprised she chose you the first time because no matter how good a friend is, I find too many women will chose the man. Heck, I've seen women choose a man over thier own children:spinning: In that way if she did happen to choose him, I don't think that reflects on you.

Thanks for your advice. Luckily SO would never ask me to to end a friendship, or choose alliances. I wouldn't stay with someone who even asked me that unless it was warranted because the friend was totally ratchet lol. However, I don't like that he has an innacurate idea of my bff. Hey, maybe sometimes two people just don't gel. No matter how much you like the both of them:perplexed

I have requested that he pick me something up from the black history thang he is going to. African bracelets or something along the likes. I already know he is going to forget. You have to damn near pin a note on his shirt sometimes to remember something. He better bring me something :lol:

natural2008 said:
^^^girl if u want something call/text him often. They forget everything even if they have a list teheheee.

I'm going to text him soon lol. No good morning or anything just "buy me something" :look:

Sent from the corner pay phone

Roadtrip with the Mr. Today. Even though I'm a little under the weather today, I wouldn't miss a chance to be with him.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

^^^ethnic like what, teheee lol???
natural2008 he wouldn't tell me, he said i just have to wait and see the 2 things he got me. I'm guessing it's like a keychain and some crazy looking bracelet or something :lol: :lol:

He tries bless his heart but unless I tell him exactly what I want him to buy me I more often than not will end up with something i'd never wear because it isn't cute or it's cheap. He doesn't like to buy stuff, period but he does it because he knows thats what I enjoy. Christmas was a headache because i wanted him to suprise me but ended up picking out what I wanted and he just paid for it. One of the things i wanted was a new watch. Ay yi yi :nono: He sent me 50 pics of different watches and I still ended up having to go with him to the mall to pick it out myself because he was scared it wouldn't be what I wanted.

so with these 2 little ghetto items he dun picked up i'll have to 'oooh and aaah' and make sure he knows he did a good job.

Ok, so this dude I have been dating for several weeks now is actually growing on me. We went to a car show yesterday, had lunch, and then cuddled on the couch and watched a movie. :love2:

Now I can't stop thinking about him:look:.

It seems like the more we hang out and get to know eachother the more he reveals his softer side to me.:Blush2:

We shall see how this goes....:rolleyes:

Got jacked up snowboarding and I'm NOT happy about it!

SO is also having a Superbowl party and I am NOT in he mood to go/stay help him organize and greet guest. I want to go home and lick my wounds. Hit my head a few times, hurt my back and might of sprain my wrist. Did I say I'm feeling *****y and moody too?

ETA- decided to check my moodiness and stay.
But don't expect me to smile!!! Lol

Last edited:
Here is the African jewelry he got me. I really like the earrings and the bracelet.

5C175E17-229A-4FC3-BFDD-227E999FDA51-9213-0000080C981D678D_zpsf40eb916.jpg

Had a great day today. He took us bowling and even for yogurt land :lol: I had been wanting that for a while and he wanted to make me happy.

He is going to buy me a dog if I can get the apartment owner to agree to let me have one. The best time to ask for stuff is always after incredible sex :look:

We went ring shopping to find out my size. He asked to pick out the engagement ring that I liked, which I did. I asked him to pick out the engagement he thought I deserved, I was really surprised that he picked out one with a much bigger diamond solatire. It was kind of cute to hear him, muttering under his breath the different rings numbers and prices like he was trying to memorize them.

Lissa0821 said:
We went ring shopping to find out my size. He asked to pick out the engagement ring that I liked, which I did. I asked him to pick out the engagement he thought I deserved, I was really surprised that he picked out one with a much bigger diamond solatire. It was kind of cute to hear him, muttering under his breath the different rings numbers and prices like he was trying to memorize them.

Yes!!!!!!

I was on our local morning shows this morning promoting a play that I'm directing. SO always says that I would be a good morning show host because I remind him of a black Kelly Ripa (*sideeye and LOL) so by the time I got back to my phone he had sent me a bunch of pics of his tv screen and texted them to me. LOL. And I guess the host called me lovely when she introduced me so it said "She called you lovely! :grin:" lol. Fun.

In other news, I feel a little...not, like, clinically depressed but...a below my normal level of satisfaction. Probably just tired. I want to crawl under some covers but I won't see my bed for about another 9 hours so I need to get over that. Oh wells...

I told him I felt down and a bit insecure today, but didn't go into details of why:ohwell:. He's been extra sweet to me and told me how special I am to him about 10 x this morning/afternoon lol.

Apparently his love language is heavily concentrated on touch. When we started our relationship he used to just hold me when I felt down and listen without saying anything -_-.

Past 6 months, or so he's gotten a lot better with extra vocal reassurance/extra words of affirmation when I'm down. Happy with this development. :)

Some men would do well to understand how some women one up one another and be able to ID this behavior and/or stay clear of it!

*just a thought*

For every frustration I state in general my So says move up there with him. He makes it sound so easy like I can pick up and go. He is moving into a new place this month but keeps saying I'm moving there too next month smh..,

He is going to buy me a dog if I can get the apartment owner to agree to let me have one. The best time to ask for stuff is always after incredible sex :look:

Apartment owner said no :sad: And it's not fair because in the unit next to mine the family there just got a dog that sleeps in the garage. I wouldn't have had ours sleep in the attached garage obviously but i wanted to tell the owner so bad that the other tenants have a dog. I'm not saying a word though.

He said he couldn't wait to get married yesterday. I think that mostly means he can't wait to go to Mauritius :rolleyes::lol: We just looked at wedding packages, temperature, rainfall and agreed on potential guests lol. He's in his office having a coffee and watching the package videos lol.
Will see how the next 6 months go and the counselling for communication then revist this subject when 100% sure.

Apparently my nickname is snugglepuff. Not sure how I feel about that yet :lol:

- I feel like we are getting so much closer and I love it. I love it when you talk about our future. Trips. Kids. And that you understand getting married again is something I may never want to do. I appreciate the little things you do. I appreciate you.

- Um, I was very clear with you NOT to get your feelings wrapped into me. I told you that it would take a miracle for me to feel different. That was not lip service.

Back