Would You Reject a Man based on looks only?

Would You Reject a Man Based on Looks?

• Yes!

Votes: 273 81.7%
  • No!

Votes: 61 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cocoberry10

Just wondering. If a man had all the other qualities you wanted, but he was truly unattractive to you (I'm talking almost repulsive looking), would you reject dating/marrying him?

My cousing just ended things with a guy b/c she said there was no physical attraction. I'm not as caught up in looks myself, but I will admit, he wasn't a handsome guy. However, I think he was a wonderful person, and would have been good for her. But, obviously, I can't make decisions for anyone but myself!:yep:

if the guy was very ugly, yes. He needs to look decent for me to be with him no matter how good a person he is.

Guys dont feel any guilt when going for better looking females do they?:look:

:nono: yes. I dated a guy that was 6'9... he was too tall... and funny looking to me.. that's the only time I did that though.. :ohwell:

if the guy was very ugly, yes. He needs to look decent for me to be with him no matter how good a person he is.

Guys dont feel any guilt when going for better looking females do they?:look:

To answer, your question, they DON'T! LOL. Everybody wants to feel desired by their partner. I wouldn't want someone to be with me just b/c I'm a good person. Because then it feels like you're "doing me a favor". Well, she/he's not fine but they're nice. Even "ugly" guys don't give the not so pretty girls a chance even if they are good women! I want to be deemed as attractive and sexy on top of being a good person to someone too.

Last edited:
I would and I have......

All that other stuff is great, but physical attraction is just as important- to me, at least.

How the hell am I gonna be with someone I can't stand to look at? :look:

To answer, your question, they DON'T! LOL. Everybody wants to feel desired by their partner. I wouldn't want someone to be with me just b/c I'm a good person. Because then it feels like you're "doing me a favor". Well, she/he's not fine but they're nice. Even "ugly" guys don't give the not so pretty girls a chance even if they are good women! I want to be deemed as attractive and sexy on top of being a good person to someone too.

This made me laugh.
...ugly guys never seem happy to date within their leagues! Its funny how pretty women would somehow justify dating oogly men but same guys wont give women that are well in their own leaugue the time of the day!

If he was that busted, we wouldn't even get to the part where I find out about his 'good' qualities.

I'm super picky. He has to please my eyes before he gets to my heart.

If he's looking busted.....like Beetlejuice busted......I don't care how good his other qualities are:nono:. He could walk on water and I'd be like, "get to steppin".
1.gif

yes, i would. personally speaking, if i'm not attracted to a person then i just cannot see them as boyfriend material. there are some people who i have grown to be attracted to after feeling nothing for them but i wasn't in a relationship with them first. i think if i had been, then our relationship would have been strained because i wouldn't desire him. it would make things uncomfortable.

Last edited:
I have to add though that most recently I've been going out of my "box". When a guy that's not necessarily my type but is decent looking approaches me, I may give him some conversation, even a date. WHile before, if he wasn't my type I'd reject him right away.

Yes I would because I need to think he is a little cute before I would get with him. He may not be the most handsome man in the world but I need some kind of physical attraction to be with him.

every now and then i test my shallow-ness

and see if i can date someone who is totally not my type---it never goes past day 1

i already know i cant do repulsive as in flava flav repulsive---my eyes never lie when im looking at someone or something--cant hide the fact that im am utterly a sec away from a puke--ewwwwww

No. I have dated some men that were not attractive but they had some nice features. If he is 100% ugly, no can do buddy.

Back