Would you date a man with no college education?

My bf of 5 years doesn't have one. I'm a student. He isn't.

But he was, and realized college wasn't for him. He is considering trade school. He works long hours at a job he does well and is paid accordingly. I read constantly. He doesn't. But he is BRILLIANT. His ACT score was near perfect and he can solve outrageous math problems in the blink of an eye. Our conversational are far from ignorant, and cover a wide array of topics.

Beyond that, he treats me like a queen. He held my hand when I BC'd and wiped my tears when I was in an auto accident. He has come to my rescue time and time again. And when my younger biological brother's adoptive parents got caught in a sex scandal, instead of allowing him to go back to foster care, he helped me get custody of him and provides for us like nobody can. Not even our real parents or any foster family I lived with. His family treats me and my brother like their own. And none of them have college degrees either.

So is it a plus? Sure.
Is it required? Hell no.
Because he has set the bar high, of we ever split, and if another man has similar qualities. I could give a flying rats behind about a piece of paper. *shrug*

If he is professional, makes enough money, and is not THREATENED by the fact I (almost) have two, then sure. It's the dudes that feel a way about it that I can't mess with.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

On a side note, I would like to have a college education in common so we could have something to talk about. I don't want a man who feels like I'm low-key berating him or "acting bougie" when I want to bring up a college experience or have mostly college-educated friends.

I agree with this.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

nope. i find that on average i communicate badly with men who only have a high school diploma. it seems to interfere with compatibility for me.

eta; i notice that a lot of the women who dont care about a college education have a boyfriend and a lot of the women, such as myself, who have it as a requirement are single :lachen::lachen::lachen: iiiiiiiinteresting....

Last edited:
Back