Would you date a guy if his car is a joke!?

isawstars

I just don't think I could take a guy seriously when he has an orange avalon with blingin' rims. That's a huge turn off. I hate when guys try to do up their cars. I hope that doesn't make me shallow... but seriously. It just seems immature.

Orange Avalon with rims....BWHAHAHAHHAHA!

I see your point. You have standards and a preferrence. Stick to um.

I just don't think I could take a guy seriously when he has an orange avalon with blingin' rims. That's a huge turn off. I hate when guys try to do up their cars. I hope that doesn't make me shallow... but seriously. It just seems immature.

If a guy has 20,000 bucks invested in his car with rims, sounds and all the pointless mess and still livin with mama, then yea that would be a plausible reason why I wouldnt date someone because of their car.

But if I meet a man whose money is better spent on him becoming a home owner, or furthering his education or something constructive in nature and he's drving a Geo, then I'd have to admire that kind of discipline.

the way i feel about all done up cars is the way i feel about men wearing baggy jeans and t shirts up to their ankles, TACKY!! i dont like it even if he had a good job and stuff it just aint my style

I have dated a guy that drove a hooptie before:lachen:

I was trying to be open minded and he was a nice guy, lucky for me there was no chemistry:look:

I have dated a guy that drove a hooptie before:lachen:

I was trying to be open minded and he was a nice guy, lucky for me there was no chemistry:look:

Thats bad :lachen:

My philosophy on that is one of two things

1.)He is broke and ghetto and is a baby daddy that live with his momma and uses the car to get women and attention

OR

2.) He may actually have a little change, decent job, no kids and his own place, but he is too in love with himself and uses the car to get women and attention.

I have never been attracted to men with cars that have rims and all that on them.
I feel like if you have the time and money to invest into all that, then you are more than likely childish and full of yourself. And there is no space in a relationship for the BOTH of us to be full of ourselves. :lachen:

Exceptions could be that he is into souping up cars as a hobby, and doesn't really drive them around that much. But even then, he need to have other things to back it up, like a career and a nice bank account.

I have never been a fan of fancy cars for men. All the wealthy men I have dated drove Toyotas and Hondas. :lachen:

I LOOOVED that kind of stuff when I was in high school. If a dude has a Cutlass with some flip paint and 24" Synergys he had my attention. :lachen: So glad I'm over that. ::::wipes brow:::

These days, I don't know...it depends on the guy. I don't generally like over the top anything - clothes, cars, whatever. It can be nice and still be classy. And the overwhelming majority of men I've encountered who've put tons of money into a car don't have a home, a retirement account, or anything else worthwhile. Their identity is wrapped up in their car. :nono:

What's "a joke"?

A car like anything is an extension of who you are and can be an expression of your priorities. Do you need to be rolling a brand new Lex? No. Especially since I am not. But don't tell me you're a "consultant" or in "sales" driving around in a 2-toned hoopty with trash all in it.

It has little to do with WHAT you've got and everything to do with WHAT you do with WHAT you've got so...

Show me what'cha working with. :lol:

I feel you... I couldn't date him either. He's selfish for one, and two, he a bama. Orange??? Wait..is it that regular bright kinda orange or burnt orange...:lachen: still don't matta..da ansa is NO.

This guy tried to holla and we exchanged numbers. When I saw he was walking towards a red convertible mazda, I was like :nono:. He called me and I said.."is that your car..the red one"...and he said "yes....das mines." So, I pulled a Marsha Brady and was like.."well, I gotta go...sumfin suddenly came up" I couldn't do it...can u imagine me ridin wif him wif da top down???? bugs in my eyes and my weave would be all ova DC/MD/VA......:nono:

I'd ride in a hooptie before I rode in a blinger.

One can be a sign of wisdom with money.
The other is a sign of financial stupidity.

I don't get the convertible thing, though. :look:

If a guy has 20,000 bucks invested in his car with rims, sounds and all the pointless mess and still livin with mama, then yea that would be a plausible reason why I wouldnt date someone because of their car.

But if I meet a man whose money is better spent on him becoming a home owner, or furthering his education or something constructive in nature and he's drving a Geo, then I'd have to admire that kind of discipline.

^^^^ITA:

My DH drove a 1975 doo doo brown plymouth duster when we met. I never regreted it! We've been married for 23 years with 3 beautiful children and a beautiful home. The rest followed. Had I judged him for his "RIDE" I would have missed out on a Wonderful Man and a chance at having a Beautiful family!

If I was really interested in the guy and he in me, I would definitely tell him how I feel about the flashyness.

Last edited:
I had a dude try to holla at me at the gas station just yesterday, driving a money green colored Chevy Caprice w/ $100 bills painted all over the car, and it was sittin on 24's, lol. That is just plain ignorant, the paint job and rims were worth wayyyy more than the car.

Now, when I first met my SO he had an older Honda Civic, it was kinda raggedy, and I really don't like seeing men in little cars...I know it's judgemental. However, he was closing on a house, flipping his old house, had a good job, working on his 2nd degree and that was far more refreshing to me then if he was driving a Lexus and living in an apartment or not trying to better himself.

I had a dude try to holla at me at the gas station just yesterday, driving a money green colored Chevy Caprice w/ $100 bills painted all over the car, and it was sittin on 24's, lol. That is just plain ignorant, the paint job and rims were worth wayyyy more than the car.

Did he have the matching interior and TVs in the headrest? :lachen:

I met a little, little man driving a big SUV, talk about over compensating. He had to jump up into the truck. He could not just slide in. WHAT A JOKE. Get a car your size little man. Nice truck though, and it wasn't cheesy looking.

I would have to know why his car is a joke. If he is living with him mama and only have dreams about moving out then yes, I'm going to have a problem with his car. If he bought the car for next to nothing and have definitive plans on making his goals a reality, then no, the car won't be an issue.

I met a little, little man driving a big SUV, talk about over compensating. He had to jump up into the truck. He could not just slide in. WHAT A JOKE. Get a car your size little man. Nice truck though, and it wasn't cheesy looking.

Yeah, I've seen this too. The rides be REAL NICE too!!! But it's so obvious lil dude(s) overcompensating.

Well I have to disagree with the hooptie. I went out with a very intellegent nice guy that drove one and we broke down on highway 10 (Santa Monica Blvd) at dusk. He walked to get gas I stayed in the car with his son. Cars were flying by and I knew we were going to be hit. I like a dummy forgot my cell phone and he didn't have one. Turned out it wasn't a gas in was an alternator problem. Fortunatly I had AAA. This woman, who didn't speak English pulled over to ask us for directions to Tijuana. I asked her in broken Spanish to use her telephone and called AAA to rescue us. :perplexed. Man that adrenaline brought that 8th grade Spanish back with a quickness. The car doesn't have to be flashy but it has to run well. :look:

Last edited:

Now, when I first met my SO he had an older Honda Civic, it was kinda raggedy, and I really don't like seeing men in little cars...I know it's judgemental. However, he was closing on a house, flipping his old house, had a good job, working on his 2nd degree and that was far more refreshing to me then if he was driving a Lexus and living in an apartment or not trying to better himself.

See, that's the type of stuff that gets me. The hoopties are one thing. The flossiness is another.

If you've got the decals that state the size of your rims? :nono2:
Cartoon, especially Warners brother cartoon characters on your car? :nono2:

I respect the brother in the old 4Runner a lot more than the dude in the Buick LaSabre with 22's.

...or the Pontiac Grand Am. :lol::lol::lol:

These Cali boys and their fake flossiness is ridiculous. Have something going on - don't just be like everyone else with shiney stuff all over an otherwise busted vehicle.

Its like putting a Louis Vuitton bandaid over cancer.

Don't forget the Impalas and El Dorados sitting on 24" rims with "GET MONEY" written across the back windows and decals of naked women with tig old bitties sitting opposite each other. :lachen:

Back