Wife School - I Know Ya'll Saw This Yesterday...

When you are in the dating phase and ask men questions be specific. Men's answers vary on the type of women he is thinking of. Example: what do you think about overweight women? Women with weaves? Women with 2 children.... Different answers will be given, based on if the woman in question is nobody, a sex buddy, or a potential wife. So phrase your question specifically. What would you feel about your wife wearing weave. How would you feel if your wife gained a lot of weight and was now overweight.

I swear I am taking what I can and leaving the rest. Because all the advice I am getting (from everywhere, including other men that are happily married) I don't know how any of this is supposed to work. So much of the advice is conflicting from an overall POV.

What are y'all thoughts on this video?

I swear I am taking what I can and leaving the rest. Because all the advice I am getting (from everywhere, including other men that are happily married) I don't know how any of this is supposed to work. So much of the advice is conflicting from an overall POV.

I'm not interested in poverty.

No I'm not with the work with a brother ministry.

I would longed for a man that was hardworking yes but also one that could bring some stuff to the table. By this video I could have married any of my exes if they would have asked to marry me. They were all hardworking but had mediocre goals. One literally works as an RA and lives in a dorm and plans to move his child and girlfriend there soon. In a dorm. At the age of 29.

That's not the work with a brother ministry that I want. I wanted a man that didn't necessarily have his own home but knew how to get us there lol. He didn't have to be rich but I surely was looking for those that were at the top of the income totem pole. It affords me a lifestyle that supports our future kids and have the freedom to Jose to stay at home now. Just having any hard working Joe wouldn't give me such luxuries. So nope I don't agree I'm sorry. But I look at her audience. There are some like me that are just working on self improvement but there are others that are hopeless romantics that really long to be married. If that's their main objective Ro's teaching will help them achieve that goal.

She teaches that you live within the means of your husband's paycheck. A lot of these women legit have one car, live in an apartment, can't afford/ don't buy the little luxuries like pedicures eating out clothes and etc. they are very humble. Now I do want to work on what she preaches about financial respect because I am a constant consumer. I always want something new....but being that humble ain't the life for me lol.

disagreed. What about all those successful black men? I'm not settling.

Hopefully Ro doesn't articulate her thoughts fully...I understand why someone would take pause based on what she actually said.

I think she's trying to describe the character traits to look for in a man. That man she describes will be so vested in seeing you smile/seeing you happy that he'll bust his tail to see you smile/see you happy/give you the life you want.

I.E.

My husband just bought me/us a split king Sleep Number bed. I never asked for a Sleep Number bed. I never considered buying a Sleep Number bed. I never mentioned any new bed. He said he knows I do a lot with the girls and he wanted me to get the best quality of sleep when the girls do allow me to sleep. He got a side gig, worked his tax-free hustle and made it happen.

So he provides extra for me, but, I also nuture him at a high level. She preaches her certified wives are unparalleled feminine nurturers which forces the healthy man to be an unparalleled provider/protector. Men are competitive by nature so they're showing you they deserve all you do and they want you to keep nurturing them the way you do.

I hope this makes sense?

Last edited:
Hopefully Ro doesn't articulate her thoughts fully...I understand why someone would take pause based on what she actually said.
Honestly I think Ro is right. Yes there are black educated men out here that make good money ($75K+), but in my opinion, those men know they are in demand so they think their cock is gold. I have met a few of them and they turn me off. I think another woman would have to play tons of games to tame one of them and I personally just don't have the time or patience for it.

That said- Ro's message is conflicting with the "marrying down" thread which I watched very closely. If a met a great guy but he only made $40K a year... I would be conflicted. I do think men feel some type of way when a woman makes considerably more than them and the type of life I want to live can't be sustained on a $40K salary (in the DC area). Maybe down South, but not here.

Then, speaking to my married guy friends, they give me the "guy's side" of dating and they all make it seem like women (in general) have ridiculous wants. So I have tried to be mindful about that when vetting men. Overall, character and responsibility is very important to me. But I also want to be physically attracted to someone, I want him to make decent money, etc.
There are a LOT of single men here... but something is missing from the ones I meet so I keep looking. Mainly it is attraction/ height. Second is money. If they pass those two, then I vet him as a person.
I been in the DC for 3 years, met a lot of guys, dated a few that pass the first two categories... the ones I dated I can't get past the vetting as a person. Even the current guy I am seeing even though he has really tried to make up for his shortfalls. So I don't know if I am being too picky or what. I do want to be married but I want to be HAPPY with the person I choose. If I get with a man I am not attracted to, regardless if he came with the other items I wanted, I would have a wandering eye.

@movingforward13

I think I'd have to tell way too much of Ro's Wife School to explain why she'd say what you said is heavily rooted in masculine energy. I signed that NDA.

The best thing I can say that grandmothers say is women love naturally. If you respect and nuture him properly and he adores, protects and provides for you properly, you'll love him. Love isn't a strong prerequisite for a healthy marriage (for a woman) because it waxes and wanes and clouds our judgement, similar to being dickmatized. Looks fade so what you go for is the man who wants you to be happy.

ETA: Learning to be a good wife is counter intuitive to so much men and women see in the world today.

I'm married, so I can't test it out in the world, but I think I could easily get another husband if I needed to bc I now fully understand the science behind human mating. My darling toddler daughters, if they don't subscribe to societal BS on mating, should be able to as well when their day comes.

Last edited:
I do agree with this tidbit

European women are less respectful to men than black women but it's disguised with their nice voice.

"They are faking being more feminine too, since disrespect is ultimately unfeminine. What you see that looks like femininity from them, is a competition with black women. The adoration they get from their feminine appearance & demeanor though fake, gives them control, so it's used to manipulate, instead of being used to uplift a man. They uplift our men for "white" power. Notice what happens when a successful black man married to a "white" woman is divorced or dies? Most of his money goes BACK to them."

Bruhhhh my fam. His yt wife took him through there. He bought her a house, car, and took took care of the kids but she still wasn't happy. She decided she wanted to leave. Some kind of way she got the prenup voided and she took him for everhthing he had. He had to sell all of his stuff and just start from scratch. All of his wealth went to her for "the kids". She always so pleasant and docile but I don't know. It didn't sit well with my mother. He has now built himself back up and now the yt lady wants him back because of "the kids". However the kids are my age and up--grown. He's considering it though. The cycle will just continue again.

I guess it scares me because my "inspiring" skills are mediocre. She made a post about she saw a black man cleaning up poop in the street. She said that would be the perfect husband for some certified wife. She could in turn double or triple his income.

And I get that. I guess if I would take wife school further I would learn more in depth on how to do this.

But the men in these kind of roles (I'm thinking of garbage man salary) is that they are content with where they are. They may say they aren't but they often drag their feet when it's time to make more money.

I guess it scares me because my "inspiring" skills are mediocre. She made a post about she saw a black man cleaning up poop in the street. She said that would be the perfect husband for some certified wife. She could in turn double or triple his income.

And I get that. I guess if I would take wife school further I would learn more in depth on how to do this.

But the men in these kind of roles (I'm thinking of garbage man salary) is that they are content with where they are. They may say they aren't but they often drag their feet when it's time to make more money.

Depending on time on the job. Garbage men make $90k in Chicago...And have waaaaayyyyy more job security and pension than say an accountant at KPMG.

Depending on time on the job. Garbage men make $90k in Chicago...And have waaaaayyyyy more job security and pension than say an accountant at KPMG.
Dang! I didn't know that. I know they make a teacher's salary here. One of my students was a garbage man. He went in at 5 and got off at 12ish and came to my class around my 3rd period. Smart kid but very cocky. "I make more than you and I'm only 19" type of kid lol

Yes I definitely have a masculine energy. It is rooted in me- my sign, how I was brought up, what I was taught, etc. I have mentioned that a few times on here.
My point for following her is to learn to be more feminine. Not 100% because that would be erasing who I am and I am not going to have a full lobotomy. However, I have noticed that I am less "scary" to people who I chirp versus growl. With the guy I am dating now, he responds to the changes and improvements that I have made (for myself) so I agree it works. Not all of it though is for me, which is why I am taking what I can and leaving the rest. A lot of it conflicts however with other points of view.

And looks do fade- but for me the initial attraction is based on looks/height. So unless he and I were paired up together on a long term project or some other instance where I got to know him first, any guy I am interested in is someone that I physically attracted to. I have tried to give men a chance in the past that I wasn't attracted to and I treated them very bad because I knew my heart wasn't in it. Nice men but something turned me off about dating them. So I let them go. If I were desperate for marriage- I could have been married 5 times now- but I want someone I would be happy with rather than someone I am settling for just for a ring.

Yes I definitely have a masculine energy. It is rooted in me- my sign, how I was brought up, what I was taught, etc. I have mentioned that a few times on here.
My point for following her is to learn to be more feminine. Not 100% because that would be erasing who I am and I am not going to have a full lobotomy. However, I have noticed that I am less "scary" to people who I chirp versus growl. With the guy I am dating now, he responds to the changes and improvements that I have made (for myself) so I agree it works. Not all of it though is for me, which is why I am taking what I can and leaving the rest. A lot of it conflicts however with other points of view.

And looks do fade- but for me the initial attraction is based on looks/height. So unless he and I were paired up together on a long term project or some other instance where I got to know him first, any guy I am interested in is someone that I physically attracted to. I have tried to give men a chance in the past that I wasn't attracted to and I treated them very bad because I knew my heart wasn't in it. Nice men but something turned me off about dating them. So I let them go. If I were desperate for marriage- I could have been married 5 times now- but I want someone I would be happy with rather than someone I am settling for just for a ring.
So what are some things that you embraced so far towards being more feminine?

Some things I did were:
- I stopped telling men what to do. I rather ask them what I would like to do
- I gave up the never ending battle of trying to get DH to be more helpful inside of the house. I stopped making excuses and I started just doing more on my own.
- I started wearing dresses more. Overall I want to go towards being "that girl" but my first step was more feminine clothes to make me more conscious of my actions.

You know you best love, so you know what to do...

Conversely, I believe change is the only constant, so most times I embrace it, especially if I'm unable to achieve something I want in my current mind space.

In general, I don't think you get a full picture of Ro's brand of femininity following only her page. She's a lot of things, but she's not giving her info away for free. I think you can find the same info in "Fascinating Womanhood" and the book Zaynab talks about though.

Women can choose to date an unestablished man.
Problem is the unestablished man wants everything you have to give as he gives you less than what you need and usually none of what you want.
I didn't watch it all

So what are some things that you embraced so far towards being more feminine?
I cook now- which is a big deal for me. I enjoy making sure my loved ones are well fed. And I serve the food with drinks without anyone asking, on real plates and organized in a way that the food looks good before you eat it - not like slop.
I communicate softer now. People in the past told me I am very direct and blunt. Now I take my time to get to know someone, make them smile, show genuine care before asking them to do something.
I take more pride in my appearance - I don't wear make up however I do occasionally wear MAC lip gloss, get my eyebrows done, pedicure, etc. I am more a Plain Jane but my beauty is there so I accentuate it in ways I feel comfortable. I also started clothes shopping more (I HATE shopping). I just spend $600 at Macy's and let the guy I am dating review them all once I got home. I took his thoughts into consideration on which items to return. He seemed to really like that.
I ask opinions and throw out suggestions versus telling someone to do.
I say please and thank you in response to men.
I smile when men open the door and say thank you.
Whenever a man speaks to me, even if he isn't someone I would talk to, I say hello and smile genuinely. I even ask them how is their day going.
I wear dresses more. A LOT more now. I hate dresses.
I am VERY affectionate to my significant other. I wasn't like this years ago - now I great him with a smile and a hug. When he is laying next to me, I rub his head. I randomly get out the baby oil and give him a full body massage as well.
I am sure there is a lot more but I have definitely changed (for me) in the feminine department.

I am an Alpha type woman, I was a Soldier in the Army, etc. so I definitely know I have male energy. I want to minimize my male energy for my husband, whether it is the guy I am dating or someone else.

I cook now- which is a big deal for me. I enjoy making sure my loved ones are well fed. And I serve the food with drinks without anyone asking, on real plates and organized in a way that the food looks good before you eat it - not like slop.
I communicate softer now. People in the past told me I am very direct and blunt. Now I take my time to get to know someone, make them smile, show genuine care before asking them to do something.
I take more pride in my appearance - I don't wear make up however I do occasionally wear MAC lip gloss, get my eyebrows done, pedicure, etc. I am more a Plain Jane but my beauty is there so I accentuate it in ways I feel comfortable. I also started clothes shopping more (I HATE shopping). I just spend $600 at Macy's and let the guy I am dating review them all once I got home. I took his thoughts into consideration on which items to return. He seemed to really like that.
Whenever a man speaks to me, even if he isn't someone I would talk to, I say hello and smile genuinely. I even ask them how is their day going.
I am VERY affectionate to my significant other. I wasn't like this years ago - now I great him with a smile and a hug. When he is laying next to me, I rub his head. I randomly get out the baby oil and give him a full body massage as well.
I am sure there is a lot more but I have definitely changed (for me) in the feminine department.

I am an Alpha type woman, I was a Soldier in the Army, etc. so I definitely know I have male energy. I want to minimize my male energy for my husband, whether it is the guy I am dating or someone else.
That's awesome! I do a lot of the things you mentioned. I still need to work on cooking more (I'm good at it but I don't enjoy doing it often) and being more affectionate. I realize physical touch is the most foreign love language to me and the one I struggle with the most. Ironically the guys I've dated that tended to be their love language.

Last edited:
That's awesome! I do a lot of the things you mentioned. I still need to work on cooking more (I'm good at it but I don't enjoy doing it often) and being more affectionate. I realize physical touch is the most foreign love language tonne and the one I struggle with the most. Ironically the guys I've dated that tended to be their love language.
Thank you- I have learned that men love affection (especially Tauruses). I wasn't affectionate in the past but I definitely learned how to be and I enjoy it now. I even enjoy cooking meals now and experiment in the kitchen. Ten years ago I was a fast food daily girl or hotdogs for dinner.

Thank you- I have learned that men love affection (especially Tauruses). I wasn't affectionate in the past but I definitely learned how to be and I enjoy it now. I even enjoy cooking meals now and experiment in the kitchen. Ten years ago I was a fast food daily girl or hotdogs for dinner.
I'm hotdogs or ramen noodles for dinner. :lol: what helped you become an affectionate person? I need lots of help in that area.

I like that you bought clothes and asked DH opinion. I'm going to try that.

I'm really working on being affectionate with touch. It's kind of foreign to me because my parents didn't physically touch much lol. I was taught that was a white thing. I have to think about it to do it. I need to continue working on this for I see it makes a big difference in his mood.

I'm hotdogs or ramen noodles for dinner. :lol: what helped you become an affectionate person? I need lots of help in that area.
My ex husband claimed one of the reasons he cheated on me was because the other girl was more flirty and affectionate.
He also claimed he cheated on me because I didn't wear lip gloss or lotioned enough for him.

Bet he would like to see my Vicky Secret selection now.... I spend well over $1000 since then buying up lotions, body sprays and bathing gels, perfumes for every day use. I have just about every line of everything.
This was SAD. No man should ever make a woman feel inadequate. However once I made those changes due to the insecurities of infidelity, I found that I liked them.

I won't ever be the girly girl that I see with other women- but I have learned to lean back and demand (sweetly) to be treated like a woman. I never take out my garbage- that is Lee's job now. If there is a bug in my house- I call him from his house to come kill it. He thinks it is hilarious but I am so serious.

I WAIT for men to open the door for me and say thank you when they do. I know I keep repeating that but this is another big thing for me that I had to learn. I was always that woman opening the door for myself- not any more.

If Lee and I are together- I give him all the bags. Another thing I had to learn. He snapped on me one day because I was carrying everything a while back. He hates when I carry anything, even if I do it to help him. Duly noted Sir.

After I grocery shop, I call my son to help with the groceries. Lee and my son bring the bags in and leave them in the kitchen so I can unpack. I think that is a fair trade after I picked out all food out.

I follow behind when out in public so that Lee is leading. I agree with him in public in front of people, even if I don't agree. He is generally right any way so he isn't saying anything crazy that would make me look stupid.
If we are out eating, I wipe his mouth with a napkin or some other endearing move, like rubbing his shoulders or he feeds me dessert. I notice that some women (and men) stare at us when we are out. But he is smiling and that is all that matters.

I think that is about it.
Things I find most important-
Always greet him with a smile and a hug;
Listen to him when having arguments instead of get too emotional;
Have him do things so that he feels needed, regardless of how small and when he is done, be affectionate and thankful;
And give him that endearment, affection, or serve him in front of others.

Last edited:
I like that you bought clothes and asked DH opinion. I'm going to try that.

I'm really working on being affectionate with touch. It's kind of foreign to me because my parents didn't physically touch much lol. I was taught that was a white thing. I have to think about it to do it. I need to continue working on this for I see it makes a big difference in his mood.
Exactly- my parents didn't give me any affection either but now I love all over my little boy- he is kissed and hugged daily and told "I love you". My daughter is older and not into the affection now but that is one thing I could change with her.
With Lee- I know touch is one of his love languages so I make it a point to touch him, even if I don't want to. And hugging for 20 seconds releases the "bonding" chemicals so I am doing it for that reason too.

One more- I been sewing more. Lee just had me sew something for him this morning. He didn't even care how well it was done, he was just surprised that I could do it. This is the second time he has asked me to sew something for him.
Fortunately for him, I can sew decently. At some point I want to get into knitting too.

One more- I been sewing more. Lee just had me sew something for him this morning. He didn't even care how well it was done, he was just surprised that I could do it. This is the second time he has asked me to sew something for him.
Fortunately for him, I can sew decently. At some point I want to get into knitting too.

I want to learn how to sew! I think I'm going to go to JoAnns for free classes. I think their offered once a month. What kind of sewing machine do you have?

You know you best love, so you know what to do...

Conversely, I believe change is the only constant, so most times I embrace it, especially if I'm unable to achieve something I want in my current mind space.

In general, I don't think you get a full picture of Ro's brand of femininity following only her page. She's a lot of things, but she's not giving her info away for free. I think you can find the same info in "Fascinating Womanhood" and the book Zaynab talks about though.
@Zaynab what book is this?

Back