Votes: 488 30.5%
  • Bra Strap Length

Votes: 655 41.0%
  • Mid-Back Length

Votes: 314 19.6%
  • Tailbone Length

Votes: 59 3.7%

• Total voters
I agree with everyone that says it depends on the height of the person and the fullness of the hair. I am 5'8 and my hair is reasonable thick, but I don't think I will have long hair until it is totally midback length. The true test for me is when my hair is able to cover my breast in the front. So, based on that, I am thinking it may need to be a bit longer than midback.

Not saying that I see some woman with bsl hair and think, wow...they have long hair....it is different when you are judging yourself. Anywoo, I voted mid back length.

Bra-strap is the beginnings of long hair, imo. At BSL whether you're tall or short it looks undeniably long. I'm 5'2" and APL right now, it really isn't all that much hair length-wise. It isn't that much difference from SL, I realised that as I was approaching armpit length (which used to be my goal when I first BC'd).

honestly, I've never been anywhere past neck or collar so I've always and still do consider full shoulder length hair as long...and I think most black people I know do..

i will consider my hair long when the sides and front are comfortably hitting my shoulder..the rest will be far ahead by this time. i voted bsl

I used to think that BSL was long, now since joining LHCF and really believing that my hair can grow, I think MBL to WL is long hair.

For me I think my hair will feel long when I am MBL. I am BSB now with layers and it doesn't feel long to me.

I think a lot of it has to do with thickness. My hair is medium thickness at BSL and I don't think it's long at all. But if there is someone with really thick hair at my length I think their hair would look a lot longer than mine. I wont consider my hair long until it reaches MBL, but then again I think I suffer from hairnorexia, LOL.

I think it's interesting that you bring this topic up. I would probably have to say that I agree with you on how much hair is touching that area. V shapes (unless they are incredibly thick) seem a bit less "long" to me than those who are fully touching that particular area (no offense, of course!). I feel that when women reach BSL, I find myself drooling and hoping to one day achieve that length, therefore I do find it a pretty long length! Anything beyond that is like superwoman flying into the room :grin:

For women of colour that have no knowledge of black hair care? It has to be full shoulder length and beyond

If your hair is past SDL then you will get comments about your hair being long from people who think black hair only grows up to SDL

For me personally I'd say past full APL. When I reach BSL I'd say MBL When I reach MBL I'd say WL and so on lol.

For women of colour that have no knowledge of black hair care? It has to be full shoulder length and beyond

If your hair is past SDL then you will get comments about your hair being long from people who think black hair only grows up to SDL

For me personally I'd say past full APL. When I reach BSL I'd say MBL When I reach MBL I'd say WL and so on lol.

I totally agree. Full healthy SL on an AA looks long but anything beyond APL on any woman I would describe her with long hair.

When I get to longer lengths my opinion will probably change.

I consider Mid Back length to be long,before this site i would have said shoulder length is long.

I think I suffer from hair anorexia... I just got to mbl and I don't think my hair is long, especially compared to some heads of hair on this board :yep:. My hair won't be "long" to me until its full mbl. Right now my layers are apl :ohwell:

Overall though I consider healthy full bsl long...

For myself...anything past full SL will be long; however, when I look at other people, anything at or beyond APL is long.

Some people have long backs and and necks, so APL is a true feat to accomplish. I think if I had APL hair, my hair would look really long because I am a log necked, long backed individual. The longer I am on the board, I think APL is where I will stop. That's going to be a heck of a lot of hair on me....

cj

Back