Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge (4/1/2012 - 6/30/2012)

I am trying to straighten my twist out now by pulling them back with a barrette.

faithVA Sorry :( If you know how to wrap hair, I would try that with bobby pins. I used to do that when my hair was shorter and it lengthened my twists with a bump of body.

are you ladies doing anything special to the ends of your hair to keep it moisturized?

TopShelf I just joined Faith's Ends challenge, so tonight, I will either use castor oil on my ends (last 2-3in of hair) or Qhemet AOHC before bantu-knotting. Since I usually wear half of my twists down, I want to be more diligent about maintaining the health of my ends.

I'm using twists to stretch my relaxer. I am trying to learn how to braid.:lol:

DDTexlaxed If you learn how to braid, please share with the rest. I've been rying to braid my hair for years unsuccessfully. :lol:

I am going to wear a twistout today for Easter and then I will be washing and overnight deep conditioning, loving this challenge because my hair is so easy to care for now -- thanks for keeping it up and I always love the photos you post of your twists, keep it up!! :grin:

Tibbar Oh those are so cute! I want more hair goodies like that to jazz up my styles. I agree with the ease of care during this challenge. I'm thankful to Faith for starting it last year. Twists were my staple style previously, but having a group of women on the same page did help get over my boredom. :yep:

So I updated my first post with the pics of my first blow out since I cut off my relaxed ends. My hair is now in 4 plaits. (2 in the front;2 in the back) I am planning o leaving them in until saturday, pending if I see my boyfriend.

Nightly routine- put a dab of leave-in and oil on the ends. depending on how I feel on the day, I might oil my scalp.

I love your icon-totally watched that drama! :grin:

And I love how you can get away with such simplicity, 4 plaits would look terrible on me! >.<

NappyNelle I am in!:grin:

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning)? Twists and bunning
  1. What is your style maintenance regimen? Wash scalp with shampoo and co wash hair every two weeks. DC with moisture or protein conditioner. Use Kimmaytube leave in, S-curl, and seal with coconut oil. Put hair in twists and bun or just bun. Repeat every two weeks.

1. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Natural
  2. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? I hope to retain 1.5 inches in length by the end of June which will put me closer to my larger goal of BSL
  3. After wearing your hair out will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days? I will restyle my hair after 2 days. I don't like to wear my hair out alot.
  4. Include Starting Pic. (You are not a challenger without a pic).
Coming soon

Hi guys sorry to take so long to post my info

What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning)? Cornrows/ bunning
What is your style maintenance regimen? Redo my cornrows every four weeks and moisturizer and seal every night
Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Relaxed. Stretched for a year and perking tomorrow
What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? Length and thickness
After wearing your hair out will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days? Trying not to wear my hair out
Include Starting Pic. (You are not a challenger without a pic).

image-3512359939.jpg

Sorry for the size of the picture I'm not sure how to adjust it

So sorry I'm late.

What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning)? Bunning

What is your style maintenance regimen? I usually wash on Friday or Saturday and airdry. Once my hair is airdried I moisturize and seal and oil my scalp with an homemade oil infusion and then put my hair in a bun and leave it bunned until Wed. I usually take it down on Wed and re-moisturize and re-bun until wash day.

Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Natural

What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? Length retention and hopefully be BSL by the end of summer and mid-back by end of year.

After wearing your hair out will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days? after 3 days

Starting Pic.

Attachments

• DSCF1055.jpg
    DSCF1055.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 39
Today's my wash day (and my birthday) so though my hair's gonna be out for some of the day, I plan to hopefully start putting my hair in mini-twists! :yep:

245899%252Cxcitefun-happy-birthday-cakes-1.jpg

Happy Birthday MaraWithLove!!!!

Well..just got my hair straightened at the Dominican salon and left it wrapped. Will wear it out tomorrow and Monday and back to buns on Tuesday.

Actually I'm so into buns now (thanks to you ladies!), that I only wore my hair down for one day. I'm back in a bun today. :grin:

Here's my one day wrap.

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 32
Cowashed this morning with Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture, wellness system and Joico moisture recovery and followed up with Darcys botanical pumpkin leave in and castor oil on the ends.

finally braided my hair last night and I trimmed the ends as well.

IMAG1465.jpg

IMAG1464.jpg

IMAG1463.jpg

IMAG1462.jpg

You all are showing off in here!

MaraWithLove When you start on those twists, let us know how it goes. You're probably a faster twister than I am.

Lovely braids TopShelf and you are not tardy to the party An_gell!

jprayze What kind of buns are you wearing? *nosey*

My twists love having castor oil on the ends. They curled/waved right up instead of being the little frizz balls that they usually are. LOL I guess I'm doing something right, eh? My ends will never be thick, but I can make them look less 'raggedy.'

Yesterday my bun was a side ponytail with the ends tucked around...it was sorta messy so I didn't even take a pic LOL

MaraWithLove- I like the Korean version better. The reason I choose this pic is cause Jang Geun Suk (the guy in the middle) is the "Ren" in the korean version and I squealed like a fan girl when he showed up...:grin:

Oh and I get away with the 4 plaits cause I throw one them crochet type hats on and walk out the house. :yep:

Nothing exciting to report lol just still doing my lil bun every day, same ol routine. This past weekend I did a twist out into a puff, then back in the bun yesterday. :yep:

I would like to join.. I have been wearing braidouts and Now im bunning for the next.. 2 months til July. I was currently looking for a beautician, but I decided I am going to continue my journey and just bun for 2 months and braid out. Til my vacation in july.

THicknLong Welcome to the challenge! If you can, answer the questions in the first post and post a picture of your hair. :)

kinkycurlygurl We'll be waiting for the photos. :lol:

I had my hair covered all day yesterday, and I'm not sure how I'll wear my twists for my date today. Perhaps I will wear an updo. *shrug*

I bun daily.. So I qualify for this challenge?

I love hanging out with you ladies, so can I just post, comment etc without officially joining? Running away from ALL challenges.. lol

MaraWithLove- I like the Korean version better. The reason I choose this pic is cause Jang Geun Suk (the guy in the middle) is the "Ren" in the korean version and I squealed like a fan girl when he showed up...:grin:

Oh and I get away with the 4 plaits cause I throw one them crochet type hats on and walk out the house. :yep:

I like the Korean version way better (I even have a pig-rabbit and have re-watched the drama quite a few times) and omg I :love: JGS! lol

Ohhhh that's how you do it! Well, rock on I say! :yep:

NappyNelle

I started them last-night and did about 1/4 of my head. BUT they don't look as...smooth as I want them to be, so I'm going to restart them with some twist creme or something in my head. See last night I tested out how they would look with minimal product (conditioner sealed with oil) and it didn't work! So french braids it is for today until I finish my studies! :yep:

Back