Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge (10/1/2012 -12/31/2012)

Warning coming in with the :blah:

My last trim was June 30th. I'm really impressed with the condition on my ends.

View attachment 176747
jprayze...so am I:)

Redid my bun for my date... :-)

Kimeshajohnson. So soft, pretty and classy:yep:
new do

DSC03622.jpg

DSC03614-1.jpg

DSC03620.jpg

SimJam. That's hot. How long do you plan to keep it in?

Doing an overnight DC on dry hair after bunning all weekend. Gonna wash, detangle and put it back in my lovely anemic bun until wash day :lol:

This is like a NikkiQ challenge.

faithVA. Yeah I think NikkiQ has definitely inspired me on this board. She makes me :lol: calling her buns anemic. I wish mine were as thick.

not the greatest picture (hard to see), but here i have my twists rolled and pinned in the front and then in a side ponytail in the back.

ill probs post a better picture sometime. i suck at this HAHA!

youwillrise. That's a nice picture my friend. :yep: Your hairstyle is cute and you have happy eyes. BTW, what does the baby ointment in post 1107 do?

Had to go to a baby shower. So I bunned up my hair. Gonna try to keep it in for at least 2 more days at least. Just tie it up at night.

Sent From The Microwave Where I Warm Up Honeybuns With Cheese :)

pookaloo83. Your bun looks very classy. Kudos on the avi and the siggy. YOLO to the extreme. :lol:

Is it ok if I post the weekly styles I do with my braids?

bajandoc86. I'm thinking this challenge would be close to shutting down if you didn't. We KNOW you can do hair. Good to see you. :yep:

MeowMix

i use it as a "heavy sealer" - here's what's in it:

Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Chamomile & Argan Oil Baby Head-to-Toe Ointment

Raw Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Olus Oil , Centhera Biennis Oil (Evening Primrose) , Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Simmondsia Chinensis Oil (Jojoba) , Carthamus Tinctorius Oil (Safflower) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Argania Spinosa Nut Oil (Argan) , Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice , Natural Wax Blend , (Carnauba , Non-GMO Soy) , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil (Rosehip) , Olea Europaea Oil (Olive) , Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) , Tocopherol (Vitamin E) , Calendula Extract , Lavender Oil , Rose Extract , Chamomilla (Anthemis Nobilis) Flower Extract , Boswellia Serrata Oil (Frankincense) , Myrrh Extract

ps: thank you for the "happy eyes" compliment. :)

No offense but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the thread-- which is to wear your own hair and encourage others to wear or start wearing their hair.

No offense taken. I get your point, but as pookaloo83 pointed out, I figured maybe those ladies with longer hair who wear twists, may like to see some styles they can try. 'Tis all.

This is my style for this week (the first 2 are instagram pics - so excuse the filter :look:)...

Front
photo-157.jpg

Right Side
photo-156.jpg

Left Side
photo-158.jpg

Back
IMG-20121112-02283.jpg

No offense taken. I get your point, but as @pookaloo83 pointed out, I figured maybe those ladies with longer hair who wear twists, may like to see some styles they can try. 'Tis all.

This is my style for this week (the first 2 are instagram pics - so excuse the filter :look:)...

Front
photo-157.jpg

Right Side
photo-156.jpg

Left Side
photo-158.jpg

Back
IMG-20121112-02283.jpg

Love this! You are so creative!

My medium twists are still very neat and soft. My brain is fried from doing math and I have to work tonight and tomorrow then quiz Wednesday :cry: I just feel overwhelmed. Gonna put some sulfur grease on my scalp and oil my ends before work. Hope you ladies are well.

you'll do well tomorrow :yep:

MeowMix Im hoping to keep this in for 2 weeks

Put my second set of coils in last night. It still took me 3 hours. Now I just need to keep my hands out of my head to make them last longer.

My hair was a little dry and my scalp was itchy today. I can't wait to take down these twists to really wash and deep condition.

-PYT :bighug: I hope you do well and can have a relaxing break soon!

1 more week to go before I take down this set of mini braids...I look forward to having my hair free for Thanksgiving, but a new set will be going in afterwards.

My medium twists are still very neat and soft. My brain is fried from doing math and I have to work tonight and tomorrow then quiz Wednesday :cry: I just feel overwhelmed. Gonna put some sulfur grease on my scalp and oil my ends before work. Hope you ladies are well.

-PYT. Got some calming thoughts going out to you. Looks like I posted ~the same time and missed this.:blush:

My scalp is itchy as hayle! I haven't washed my hair since last Sunday, so that would be 9 days now. :blush: I know better. I think this is the longest I've gone without washing my hair since I BC'd. I have to wash this mess ASAP. Never, ever, EVER, ever again! I know I've been wrapped up in life but... :nono: I am ready to detach my scalp from my skull right now. :lol:

Ok...I did it! Lolzyz I washed an dc my hair...the mega tek seems to have made it stronger...I could feel the hair pull instead of break when I was finger combing my hair...I didn't get the hard stuff hair with it though...so that's a plus...and I definitely didn't see as much shedding as I usually do. But I washed and went so I can't make a full comparison until I do..which I'm trying not to for a while...

Thanks so much for the kind words and e-hugs, ladies!!! I feel much better. I think the quiz went well :) twists still holding up. I love this Glover's carrot oil sulfur grease. My scalp smells like nothing! I plan to twist out this weekend then twisting back up for the holiday!!

it got super cold out quick, didn't it??? I want to keep my hair twisted for winter.

I took down my twists and washed my hair. I made it about 3 weeks. I'm in a WnG right now. I'll bun after a few days then put in some mini braids... maybe.

I've been playing with my roots for days, and it feels good. Maybe my hair will look longer to me by the time I take these twists down.

And also she makes her buns look big by illusion. She's barely APL I believe. She just flat ironed her hair and it seems to always stay shoulder lengthish. I could be wrong though. Looks like it to me. still love her though.

Today's do was just two 2-strand flat twists pinned up. I gave my hair a deep side part for some interest.

Attachments

• image-1412491355.jpg
    image-1412491355.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 45
  • image-301091984.jpg
    image-301091984.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 46
Back